Wow this brings back memories. Love it!!!
    02-25-12 01:20 PM
    Is it possible for you to enable multiple save states. i.e. depending on the game it saves for that game. The SNES9x emulator does that for each individual game.

Please also show that pressing save state does something. Like "Chrono's Trigger US Saved" or something similar. Right now I save then make changes to game then reload to see if it actually saved because I have no idea if the button for ave was ever action.

And if I accidentally switch game it erase my saved games? (quite annoying) lost my saved games.

Thanks for the hard work. Your work is appreciated.
    02-27-12 08:25 AM
    Finally got this working after deleting the Pokemon Red gb file. Suppose it's just GBA games for me, which is fine: Golden Sun, Advance Wars 2 and Metroid Fusion were my favs. Also have the NES and SEGA emu's working too!

- Few things I noticed, aside from others that listed the same, is Golden Sun reads the error of 'Could not find backup memory' when trying to save from the pause menu. Metroid and Advanced Wars 2 appear to save fine without errors (but haven't stopped playing to see if they load correctly)

- In Metroid's pause menu, the shoulder buttons are reversed... the left button above the D-pad activates Status (when it's listed as R), and the right button asks to enable Sleep mode (which lists as L). Haven't yet tested on the others to see if it's swapped for their configurations either...

Loving it all the same, as well as the others! Keep up the great work dude!
    03-02-12 10:37 AM
    yup, L and R are inverted
    03-02-12 03:15 PM
    First of all, as others have said, thanks very much for all the good work on this, very much appreciated.

I am having an issue with v1.0.0.11 as well. It opens the PlayBook splash screen and then closes instantly. I've made sure all roms are .gba in lower case, tried the cfg fix, tried to delete the folders (renaming as I had the permissions issue that was stated earlier in the thread) but no luck. v1.0.0.6 (the last version I had) works fine. Oh and this is on official PB 2.0 release.

More of a bug report than looking for a fix, thanks.
    Last edited by Divefire; 03-04-12 at 12:33 AM.
    03-04-12 12:30 AM
    Hello this problem seems like a really dumb question but can anyone direct me to how I can put the vba emu on my playbook? I'm on official 2.0 non root. Thanks in advance!
    03-04-12 01:01 AM
    First of all, as others have said, thanks very much for all the good work on this, very much appreciated.

I am having an issue with v1.0.0.11 as well. It opens the PlayBook splash screen and then closes instantly. I've made sure all roms are .gba in lower case, tried the cfg fix, tried to delete the folders (renaming as I had the permissions issue that was stated earlier in the thread) but no luck. v1.0.0.6 (the last version I had) works fine. Oh and this is on official PB 2.0 release.

More of a bug report than looking for a fix, thanks.
    I have the same problem, although I have .gb and .gbc roms as well. I would like a fix.
    03-04-12 07:56 AM
    If that's the case, try deleting one rom at a time and see if it boots up. I tried loading another rom last night and it wouldn't boot up. As soon as I dropped it to the 3 I listed earlier, all went well. Not sure if this is roms that are non-functioning, or just roms that refuse to work with the emulator in it's current state...

Best of luck.
    03-04-12 05:50 PM
    If that's the case, try deleting one rom at a time and see if it boots up. I tried loading another rom last night and it wouldn't boot up. As soon as I dropped it to the 3 I listed earlier, all went well. Not sure if this is roms that are non-functioning, or just roms that refuse to work with the emulator in it's current state...

Best of luck.
    Just to make it as clear as possible, could somebody post a link to a ROM they know is working?
    03-04-12 05:58 PM
    Hey I have read through this entire thread and cant seem to find an answer as to the missing buttons on ver. 1.0.0.11
    It seems super zoomed in and not all the buttons are present. I really love the buttons on the snes emulator and just wondered if there was a fix.
    Thanks, these emulators are great, this is the only problem I have had.
    03-04-12 08:03 PM
    I wonder is it possible to now do a library style open rom list with the new NDK out?
    03-05-12 10:35 AM
    Yay. Deleting everything except for 1 .gba game (Pokemon Red Rescue Team) worked! Now I have an awesome game! Any ETA on multiple save states? 'Cause then I'd have lots more fun games!

Well done on the emulator by the way. Once it works it works well.
    03-05-12 11:02 AM
    Can the people who got it to work please post what they did? I'm running OS 2.0.0.7971.
    03-05-12 05:28 PM
    Can the people who got it to work please post what they did? I'm running OS 2.0.0.7971.
    What I did was that I sideloaded v1.0.0.11 through DDPB (I'm assuming you know how to sideload, but I can get some links up if you don't), and then I plugged my PlayBook into my computer, and once it was mapped to Drive Z: I opened the "misc" folder, and from there I created a new folder called "roms". Within the roms folder I created a subfolder called "gba". In the gba folder I put the file gba_bios.bin (it's a standard file, so just google it and download it), and then I put a single .gba game (making sure it wasn't .GBA). In my case the game was Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team, but many others have worked for others. After all of this is done, start the app. It should create a new folder in the "misc" folder called "vbampb", and then run your game!
    03-05-12 05:52 PM
    What I did was that I sideloaded v1.0.0.11 through DDPB (I'm assuming you know how to sideload, but I can get some links up if you don't), and then I plugged my PlayBook into my computer, and once it was mapped to Drive Z: I opened the "misc" folder, and from there I created a new folder called "roms". Within the roms folder I created a subfolder called "gba". In the gba folder I put the file gba_bios.bin (it's a standard file, so just google it and download it), and then I put a single .gba game (making sure it wasn't .GBA). In my case the game was Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team, but many others have worked for others. After all of this is done, start the app. It should create a new folder in the "misc" folder called "vbampb", and then run your game!
    Ok. I knew how to side-load stuff, turns out that it only worked for me if I used the new version of DDPB (Called 'DDPB' instead of the older 'DDPB Installer'). Running my games perfectly! The sound is a lillte laggy but it's okay at lower volumes.

Now the question is, how does VBA-M handle save files? Can we download other save files and play off them? I saw a bunch of .sav and .sgm files created in the folder. I also noticed that if I swipe downwards from the top bezel, some areas are highlighted. Each of these serves a different function, and can also be relocated! (You might want to try this, it could be very useful!) I figured that the center top 2 buttons have to do with savin and reloading, but it doesn't ALWAYS work consistently.

Any ideas on saving, anybody?
    03-06-12 02:13 PM
    UPDATE: Only a few of my games work. The 'gba_bois.bin' file doesnt seem to affect anything at all. It's presence OR absence do not change which games run and which don't... I tried playing LOTR 3 but it didn't work.
    03-07-12 05:33 PM
    I thought it was not working and shuts down after it start up but i tried adding a game with lowercase .gba and it works fine now. super thanks
    03-09-12 06:57 AM
    For those that got it working, how do you change games in the VBAm?
    03-09-12 06:31 PM
    For those that got it working, how do you change games in the VBAm?
    If you swipe down from the top all of the buttons will be highlighted with different colors. The one in the top left corner switches games.
    03-09-12 06:33 PM
    If you swipe down from the top all of the buttons will be highlighted with different colors. The one in the top left corner switches games.
    Is there somewhere that details what the other buttons do (I mean primarily the "invisible" ones like the game switching one obviously)?
    paddyhawthorne likes this.
    03-10-12 12:43 PM
    ok i loaded a game it loads fine but the controller does not appear to work am i doing something wrong
    03-11-12 12:56 PM
    Thanks for this, man. It is just plain awesome. Good for long trips.

ok i loaded a game it loads fine but the controller does not appear to work am i doing something wrong
    You may need to rename the .gba file.

If needed, the steps below are what I took when the controller didn't come up. (but you very likely have done these steps arlready.)

Did you make the folders and the sub-folders in "misc?" If you haven't, In "misc" create two folders. One entitled "roms" and the other "vbampb"

In "roms" create a folder named "gba." In "gba" put your gba_bios.bin file (download it if you haven't already) and in there put in any game, just make sure it ends in ".gba" and NOT again NOT ".GBA"

The folder named "vbampb" is merely for save files, so there is no need to do anything extra to it.

I Hope I helped.
    Last edited by thewolfnears; 03-14-12 at 11:42 PM.
    03-14-12 10:17 PM
    Anyone can help me ?

+ I use Quick save to save game when playing, but when I close the app and re-open it, I can't quick load saved game
    + And when I change position of buttons, I close the app and re-open it, buttons back to defaut position
    03-15-12 02:01 AM
    Anyone can help me ?

+ I use Quick save to save game when playing, but when I close the app and re-open it, I can't quick load saved game
    + And when I change position of buttons, I close the app and re-open it, buttons back to defaut position
    you can only save one game for now.
    as for the other point, I'm stuck like you :/
    03-16-12 05:05 PM
    I have a problem, everything works correctly etc. I accidentally pressed the button top left corner which is suppose to switch games and well now my saved files wont load. Is this suppose to happen?
    Last edited by flemolord; 03-22-12 at 10:14 PM.
    03-22-12 09:43 PM
253 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD