I am trying to be provocative.

I am definitely transferring a series of video files to the pb's video folder. I am also transferring a companion file to that folder. The companion file is a subtitle file in the form of an .SRT file.

THREE file manager type apps do NOT show those files as present in the video folder. The Video app itself does show and play those video files.

I have copied the files using both wifi-sharing and when they did not show up that way, I copied them using the usb cable to the pb's Z: drive.

As stated the dam! files play in the video app. But they do not appear in the various filer apps. And they also do not show in another app, one that will display the subtitle (.srt file) file overlaying the video. In all instances it is as if the pb does not register the presence of those files on the pb.

Now, what is interesting is that when this first cropped up, 7 files were missing - just a mix of video (no .srt files involved). That is they showed in the video app and played but the filer programs did not show them. I managed last night and this morning to get 7 of those to finally show by copying/moving/deleting and recopying. But now I'm running into this brick wall again.

Ideas?
    06-02-11 06:18 PM
    I am trying to be provocative.

I am definitely transferring a series of video files to the pb's video folder. I am also transferring a companion file to that folder. The companion file is a subtitle file in the form of an .SRT file.

THREE file manager type apps do NOT show those files as present in the video folder. The Video app itself does show and play those video files.

I have copied the files using both wifi-sharing and when they did not show up that way, I copied them using the usb cable to the pb's Z: drive.

As stated the dam! files play in the video app. But they do not appear in the various filer apps. And they also do not show in another app, one that will display the subtitle (.srt file) file overlaying the video. In all instances it is as if the pb does not register the presence of those files on the pb.

Now, what is interesting is that when this first cropped up, 7 files were missing - just a mix of video (no .srt files involved). That is they showed in the video app and played but the filer programs did not show them. I managed last night and this morning to get 7 of those to finally show by copying/moving/deleting and recopying. But now I'm running into this brick wall again.

Ideas?
    And how many dam..n threads are you going to create about it???????????
    06-02-11 08:47 PM
    Obviously - provocative enough to get a reaction from someone who need not have commented!
    06-02-11 09:28 PM
    I am having the exact same issue and have no idea why. I have not been able to resolve it either.

I currently have a total of 11 video files in my "videos" folder on my Playbook. The first three attached pics show it via Windows (z: drive via USB), in the PB browser, and in the video app. All the files play on the PB with no problems!

In the next pictures, however, you can see that none of the three selected PB file manager apps see more than 5 of the files in the folder. I'm showing screen shots of "My File Manager", "Air Browser" and "File Commander".. All three of them show no more than the same 5 files, one of them even shows only 4 files, but the other 5 files will never show up in any of the PB file manager apps.

I've look at the file permissions and attributes when I have the PB plugged in to the USB on my PC but I can see no reason why those 5 files won't show up. They look like they have the same ownership and attributes as the 5 files that do show up!

Any ideas, people? I'm going to reach out to the guys who developed these file manager apps and ask them if they would mind coming here and leaving their thoughts as well..

Thanks!
    Last edited by Mojoski; 06-30-11 at 06:59 PM.
    06-30-11 06:38 PM
    its a known issue.... all the developers are aware of it... it has to do with the way the file system works... give it time for the developers to figure it out
    06-30-11 09:09 PM
    If you do a security wipe, then copy the videos back, the movies will show.

I had the same issue!

Backup First!
    07-01-11 03:19 AM
    If you do a security wipe, then copy the videos back, the movies will show.

I had the same issue!

Backup First!
    Unfortunately this didn't work for me. I even did the complete wipe using the Desktop Manager and reinstalled the whole PB from scratch.. Still only a couple of my video files are showing up.. Bummer..
    07-03-11 12:01 PM
    AIR browser shows all of my videos......
    07-03-11 12:12 PM
    AIR browser shows all of my videos......
    Consider yourself lucky, then.. Even after a complete wipe of my PB, the file manager apps are only showing 2 of the 11 files in my videos folder. Of course they all show up and play fine in the native video app.

My guess is that there is some bug in the Flex file system API calls somewhere. One of the file manager app authors has told me they will file a bug report with RIM on the issue. Hope the other authors do the same..
    07-03-11 12:18 PM
    i just d/l 3 file explorers and found bridge to be the same trash. i cant get my torch to work correctly with my playbook. it wont read music, video, or pics. as much as i want some apps to come long like netflix, kindle, native, android. i think this is something that should be #1 on the priority list. get the basic functions working and then get the add ons
    07-04-11 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD