No live stream NHL for the PlayBook and BlackBerry smartphones. I just got this email a few minutes ago.

"Hi Ty,

Thank you for your email.

At this time we are not in development for BlackBerry, but we will be sure to let you know if that changes.

Thanks!

Nicole "

Why are BlackBerry users getting the short end of the stick when it comes to live streaming content ? Live NHL stream for Android and iphones. Why no BB ? I am so mad right now i don't feel like watching another NHL game for as long as i live.
    02-27-12 06:23 PM
    where in that email does it they WILL NOT support blackberry?

It says "at this time".. which means it can easily change. The canucks app on BB phones is one of the most popular nhl apps on appworld. If the PB userbase continues to grow, an app may follow. They just need to know more of us want it.
    02-27-12 06:26 PM
    I am not sure what this is bud, but curious, do they have a website, where they stream the video to? That could be your work around.

I was watching ESPN3 on my PB and it worked great!
    02-27-12 06:30 PM
    where in that email does it they WILL NOT support blackberry?

It says "at this time".. which means it can easily change. The canucks app on BB phones is one of the most popular nhl apps on appworld. If the PB userbase continues to grow, an app may follow. They just need to know more of us want it.
    It's been two full years with no live stream support. Sure it's not "At this time". But that can be said for anything. Fact is, it's been over TWO YEARS. It's 2012 for crying out loud. 2012 !!!

There are more BB's in Canada than there are Android phones. But there is a Live app in the works for Android. How many more years will pass before our time comes ? Another two years ? Look at the options for official streaming content for other platforms. Where is the BB love ?

I know there are more people that are mad as heck like me. There has to be. I can not be the only BB user that is fed up with all the BB hate and neglect. When will it be our time ? I'm sick of waiting. My NetFlix boycott just found a buddy. The NHL.
    patpatiar likes this.
    02-27-12 06:38 PM
    I subscribe to NHL GameCenter Live and watch all of the Winnipeg Jets games live no problem. I assume I could watch Vancouver if I cared about them....I'm not following what the problem is?

The only issue is if you live in Vancouver it may be blacked out, if the billing address of your credit card is in Vancouver.
    02-27-12 07:05 PM
    It's been two full years with no live stream support. Sure it's not "At this time". But that can be said for anything. Fact is, it's been over TWO YEARS. It's 2012 for crying out loud. 2012 !!!

There are more BB's in Canada than there are Android phones. But there is a Live app in the works for Android. How many more years will pass before our time comes ? Another two years ? Look at the options for official streaming content for other platforms. Where is the BB love ?

I know there are more people that are mad as heck like me. There has to be. I can not be the only BB user that is fed up with all the BB hate and neglect. When will it be our time ? I'm sick of waiting. My NetFlix boycott just found a buddy. The NHL.
    sure there are more bb's in canada.. but most of those bb's are weak older bb's that substantially decrease the possible userbase for a live app like that.
    02-27-12 07:30 PM
    Bell offers a deal to view most events (NHL) streaming from almost any device.
    02-27-12 07:35 PM
    i got the same email ty.

not happy with such a pitiful email.

rogers needs to build it, vancouver canucks need to support it.

i want live vancouver games, not all nhl games. we need some canuck love here.
    VanCity778 likes this.
    02-27-12 07:49 PM
    can you link to the email? id like to send one too.. we have to show interest in this
    02-27-12 08:09 PM
    here you go, the more the merrier

[email protected]
    02-27-12 08:14 PM
    I'm with you on this one; I am also frustrated and annoyed at of all the hate and "the we're not developing for the BB at this time" crap that get's spewed from the mouths of almost every single company, media, major developer, etc., out there.

This issues is certainly not relegated to the realm of the Vancouver Canucks - what annoys me even more is when the HP Touchpad (it's dead!) has more "namebrand" support from developers (Yes, I'm looking at you TuneIN Radio!) than the Playbook has.

But keeping on topic, I got the same email reply from the Canucks as you did.
    VanCity778 likes this.
    02-27-12 08:24 PM
    everyone who sends an email and gets a reply need to reply right back with our/your dissatisfaction.

totally true, we need companies to support.

almost sounds like apple, droid(google) working with companies against bb.

we need developers at this time not a later time.
    02-27-12 09:27 PM
    Well you could always riot, it worked well the first time...oh wait.

Oh come on, someone had to go there.

Sent from my brain using Tapatalk
    02-27-12 09:34 PM
    As a huge Canucks fan, this upsets me. There are a lot of BB users in Vancouver. I don't get it.

BTW, I was shocked they traded Coho. The trade makes more sense now that I have had time to digest it. Will miss Coho... He's gonna be a great NHLer but with Sedin and Kesler as our top 2 centres... There was no future for him here.
    VanCity778 likes this.
    02-27-12 10:53 PM
    In regards to the trade deadline I really like what Van did with their bottom 6 and finally releasing cody where he can finally grow and mature and thrive in an environment best suited for him.

im a wings fan and it'll be a close presidents cup race!

In regards to vancouver not supporting bb- i fully agree with the OP.
    I love my playbook I just hope RIM and other companies open up more doors so we can fully utilize the potential of the pb!
    VanCity778 likes this.
    02-27-12 11:49 PM
    Sent my request too.
    02-28-12 12:29 AM
    I'm with you on this one; I am also frustrated and annoyed at of all the hate and "the we're not developing for the BB at this time" crap that get's spewed from the mouths of almost every single company, media, major developer, etc., out there.

This issues is certainly not relegated to the realm of the Vancouver Canucks - what annoys me even more is when the HP Touchpad (it's dead!) has more "namebrand" support from developers (Yes, I'm looking at you TuneIN Radio!) than the Playbook has.

But keeping on topic, I got the same email reply from the Canucks as you did.
    Once again, there really is not conspiracy. People are using a device that developers do not believe is worth their time and money to support. Its business - just get over it. Developers do not have infinite resources and if you own a device that gets lumped with "Other" in sales figures, you will not be at the front of the line. If you want to complain, direct it a RIM since they are clearly not winning over the major developers.
    02-28-12 02:08 AM
    I'm going to follow suite as the rest on this forum and boycott the organization that refuses to support the playbook or blackberry environment.

I'm boycotting Netflix...sky....err..canucks

Seriousness though, would be nice to stream canucks games and play them on the tv via hdmi.
    02-28-12 02:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD