https://remote.utorrent.com

i've been experimenting with the remote UI on utorrent 3.0 to manage torrent downloads on my media machine from my playbook. you can add the torrent files from your playbook while on the go and have them execute and download on your machine at home. UI is semi friendly to the PB browser but works good enough to get the job done.

couple of tips:

use portrait mode

download and changing the file type to .txt (playbook does not recognize .torrent file type thus it will not be available to select)
    once the file is downloaded and the file type changed, select the first icon (file picture with the plus sign) on the remote utorrent page which will open your file browser. go find the file and hit open and give it about 10s to do its thing and it will show up in the list and begin downloading.
    Last edited by gwanstarr; 08-24-11 at 08:07 PM.
    08-24-11 12:48 AM
    Even when I can get the paste option to appear clicking add doesn't do anything.
    08-24-11 05:35 PM
    Use the second button at the top which looks like a link of a chain for ease of use. The link you're adding is the one you would normally click on to download the torrent. Instead of left clicking, right click and copy the link. Then go back to the utorrent site and paste after clicking on the link button.
    08-24-11 07:56 PM
    yeah, it seems i'm having the same issue now. perhaps the latest update?

anyway, you can load torrents by downloading them and changing the file type to txt (playbook does not recognize .torrent file type thus it will not be available to select)

once the file is downloaded and the file type changed, select the first icon (file picture with the plus sign) on the remote utorrent page which will open your file browser. go find the file and hit open and give it about 10s to do its thing and it will show up in the list and begin downloading.
    08-24-11 08:01 PM
    yeah, it seems i'm having the same issue now. perhaps the latest update?

anyway, you can load torrents by downloading them and changing the file type to txt (playbook does not recognize .torrent file type thus it will not be available to select)

That works like a charm.

So nice to have new stuff to watch waiting for me when I get home.
    08-25-11 03:18 AM
    just found out remote.utorrent.com works on my 9700 OS6 native browser too!
    08-27-11 10:33 PM
    I just grab the torrent file and put it in Dropbox using Files & Folders...
    08-28-11 10:50 PM
    In case you don't want to use external sites for monitoring, you may also try WebGUI and MiniUI for direct connection to your utorrent running executable.
    Wolf
    08-29-11 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD