Fancy!
    Last edited by lorax1284; 06-13-14 at 08:50 PM.
    10-02-11 04:06 PM
    My family was picturing playing a scrabble or lexulous like game, with the Playbook "board" in the centre, and our own letter tile racks on our BB phones in our hands, and then just send our word to the game in the middle...
    Wouldn't that be fun?

I have no idea if it's possible, but it's that kind of "external peripheral" idea you describe.
    10-02-11 05:14 PM

ipod/iphone playing fifa with iphone as controller.

Would love something like this for the playbook (Id also love Fifa for the pb, fingers crossed).

With this itd even be possible to hook your pb into a tv using the hdmi connection and effectively turn your pb into a games console as well.

Never mind the fact that in the video above the console costs around 300 and the controller costs about 450.
    10-02-11 05:46 PM
    It is already possible, but at the moment it has to route through an online server which would keep everything going. Not everybody can keep a server running though, and I think BlueTooth is better on battery than WiFi or the mobile network, so I hope we can use a bridge-style thing, but I'm not expecting it until QNX phones come out and you use the exact same development tools running on the exact same platform to code both the game and the controller applications.
    10-02-11 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD