I've been a big BlackBerry Fan since I owned the Torch 9810. One of the best phones I've ever owned and I wish I'd kept it. Anyway I was looking for a second tablet (I own an Ipad pro), to load it up with Ebooks and music, for when I'm travelling at work. Saw a PlayBook 64GB, on ebay, and got it for £20, which was an absolute bargain.

I was pleasantly surprised at the unbelievable quality with sound, resolution and build; especially when compared to the cheap and plastic Android tablets.

I've loaded up Nobex Radio and Playepub Book Reader, along with Kobo books. My intention is to download a ton of free Classics from gutenberg and loads of games, before BlackBerry World closes in December 2019.

I'm also looking for any other supported music players and music streamers, and movie sites. It's difficult to know what is still supported on the BlackBerry platform these days.

For those looking to fully utilise their PlayBook before December. 2019, it would be good to have a list of the basic kind of Apps users may want to consider downloading before BlackBerry ends the show. For example, the best of the following: -
    - Music players
    - Music streaming
    - Movie sites
    - EReaders
    - Social Media platforms
    - Email, calendar and contacts
    - Browsers
    - Cloud storage
    - Camera apps

I appreciate some of the above may no longer have viable options, but what is available, would be useful for PlayBook owners, so we can still use the device in 2020 and beyond.

Many thanks, and look forward to some views on this.
    03-17-19 02:32 PM
    Here is a good collection for the Playbook: https://www.mediafire.com/?npbavqdoiw565

note: many of these bars no longer work.
    Enpe likes this.
    03-17-19 02:53 PM
    I've been a big BlackBerry Fan since I owned the Torch 9810. One of the best phones I've ever owned and I wish I'd kept it. Anyway I was looking for a second tablet (I own an Ipad pro), to load it up with Ebooks and music, for when I'm travelling at work. Saw a PlayBook 64GB, on ebay, and got it for £20, which was an absolute bargain.

I was pleasantly surprised at the unbelievable quality with sound, resolution and build; especially when compared to the cheap and plastic Android tablets.

I've loaded up Nobex Radio and Playepub Book Reader, along with Kobo books. My intention is to download a ton of free Classics from gutenberg and loads of games, before BlackBerry World closes in December 2019.

I'm also looking for any other supported music players and music streamers, and movie sites. It's difficult to know what is still supported on the BlackBerry platform these days.

For those looking to fully utilise their PlayBook before December. 2019, it would be good to have a list of the basic kind of Apps users may want to consider downloading before BlackBerry ends the show. For example, the best of the following: -
    - Music players
    - Music streaming
    - Movie sites
    - EReaders
    - Social Media platforms
    - Email, calendar and contacts
    - Browsers
    - Cloud storage
    - Camera apps

I appreciate some of the above may no longer have viable options, but what is available, would be useful for PlayBook owners, so we can still use the device in 2020 and beyond.

Many thanks, and look forward to some views on this.
    A few to get you started Enpe:

1. Media streamers:

--Kalemsoft Media Streamer. You can set it up on your home computer and stream any media you might have downloaded to your Playbook. Get it from here:

KalemSoft - Products

2. eReaders: playepub is an excellent eBook reader for the Playbook.

There are certainly others out there....we'll see if a list can be put together before the end....
    03-20-19 02:15 PM
    PlayBook is still a quality device. Big let down nowadays is the browser. I also went and downloaded stuff to try future proof my Playbooks.
    03-20-19 05:19 PM
    I use & like the Neutron app for a music player. Crazy enough, it still gets updated from time to time.
    03-20-19 05:51 PM
    How did you get Neutron for Playbook ? I did a search in Appworld and found nothing. It isn't in #2's collection.
    03-21-19 12:35 PM
    Hmm, are you in North America? I wonder if there is some geographical limit? I will check later whether it still shows up in BBW. I first got Neutron years ago, so maybe it is no longer offered as a new download.
    03-27-19 02:40 PM
    piggybacking off this a bit, but does anyone have a bar file of the latest origami browser? It'd be nice to know it's out in the wild for future use once bb world is gone, or is there a process to be able extract from my playbook?
    08-25-19 03:59 PM
    piggybacking off this a bit, but does anyone have a bar file of the latest origami browser? It'd be nice to know it's out in the wild for future use once bb world is gone, or is there a process to be able extract from my playbook?
    Try the original thread on Origami, maybe? https://forums.crackberry.com/playbo...elease-809048/

Posted via CB10
    08-25-19 07:33 PM
    from what i saw it was just the beta, which is older than what is currently on the appworld i believe

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    08-29-19 08:02 AM