Does anyone know of a useable spreadsheet app for the Playbook that is compatible with MS Office (excel) or Open office spreadsheet files?

The app with Docs to go is terrible to the point of not being useable, and it destroys all of the formatting of my sheets.
    Just Me likes this.
    10-06-11 09:22 PM
    I have a feeling Docs to go will be updated with OS 2.0
    10-06-11 09:27 PM
    I have a feeling Docs to go will be updated with OS 2.0
    I hope so. The ability to take some of my spreadsheets with me was one of the top reasons I bought a tablet. I still love the thing, but it isn't nearly as useful to me as it would be with a good spreadsheet app
    10-06-11 09:29 PM
    MS Office is available online, and Google Docs has a decent spreadsheet program.
    10-07-11 05:02 AM
    MS Office is available online, and Google Docs has a decent spreadsheet program.
    What is the MS office program called?
    10-07-11 05:43 AM
    What is the MS office program called?
    Microsoft Office 365 is the cloud-based office suite and Microsoft Excel is the spreadsheet programme.
    10-07-11 08:02 AM
    Microsoft Office 365 is the cloud-based office suite and Microsoft Excel is the spreadsheet programme.
    the monthly fee turns me off. I already own office, I don't want to pay an additioanl fee every month to do something on my tablet I should be able to do anyway. I'd be fine paying a one-time fee for an app, but not every month

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-11 08:13 AM
    Are you saying that the spreadsheet app isn't there, doesn't work or that you can't transfer the material either in .odf format or.csv format?

I'm thinking of getting a Playbook, but the primary use for it would be to work a spreadsheet and going online to use it isn't an option.
    11-18-11 05:58 PM
    Are you saying that the spreadsheet app isn't there, doesn't work or that you can't transfer the material either in .odf format or.csv format?

I'm thinking of getting a Playbook, but the primary use for it would be to work a spreadsheet and going online to use it isn't an option.
    CSV files won't upload to Office365, as MS support has said that feature is not available yet. Limited spreadsheet capabilities at this point for a playbook. I have the office365 professional subscription plan and not happy about it right now.
    01-30-12 07:13 PM
    I would so love to have a near full version of Excel on my Playbook. At least the ability to use formulas and format cells. I use spreadsheets with thousands of rows and columns of data along with complex formulas and being able to manipulate them on the PB would be amazing. If OS 2.0 can make this happen I will be looking to get that combination bluetooth keyboard and track pad that RIM should be releasing soon.
    01-30-12 07:21 PM
    Anyone brave enough to bar this to see if it'll run on os2? (Androffice - Office Suite for Android)

Other than that, looks like libreoffice is working on an android port as well. Not an ideal (or ready) solution, but something that hopefully pans out.
    01-30-12 09:01 PM
    365's fee puts you off? How about this then?

http://skydrive.live.com
    01-30-12 09:33 PM
    the monthly fee turns me off. I already own office, I don't want to pay an additioanl fee every month to do something on my tablet I should be able to do anyway. I'd be fine paying a one-time fee for an app, but not every month

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Skydrive works great for editing all office docs, even OneNote. Switch from mobile to PC site for best results. 50 GB of free storage! All you need is a windows live ID.
    allsportsfan likes this.
    01-30-12 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD