Sorry if this has been discussed, but I can't find it by searching. In the past week, the paid Fruits and Ninja and the free Multiplayer Tic Tac Toe apps have prompted me for upgrades via Appworld. When I upgraded (different days, after restarts) each app, it appeared twice in my games tab.

Each app shows once in "My World" on appworld, but there are clearly two programs (for each app) on my playbook, because I can open either version of Fruits and Ninja, and have two games running at once.

This was helpful I suppose for the Tic Tac Toe app, because the upgrade added advertisements and nothing else I could notice, so I deleted it, and was able to easily revert to the original version.

Does anyone else experience this? I find it bizarre, and it's using up extra space on the PB.
    Last edited by starbury1; 11-04-11 at 08:03 PM.
    11-04-11 05:38 PM
    no one else having this problem when upgrading apps? I updated the title since this is not Fruits and Ninja specific.
    11-04-11 08:04 PM
    I just upgraded tonight and see the same thing. Two Fruits and Ninja apps. Weird.
    11-04-11 08:16 PM
    It happened to me for the first time with 'Children's Piano'. I thought it was odd too, at first I thought there was no visible changes, then noticed a new icon.
    11-04-11 08:24 PM
    same with me today, second fruit ninja app. just deleted the old one.
    11-04-11 09:16 PM
    Notice this to. This is what i did delete from app world then from pb then restore. Reinstall app now shows 1.
    11-05-11 12:38 AM
    This will happen whenever a developer signs a new version of the app with a different signing key. An app signed with a different signing key is considered a different app, even if it has the same name. So just delete the old version.
    11-05-11 09:52 AM
    This will happen whenever a developer signs a new version of the app with a different signing key. An app signed with a different signing key is considered a different app, even if it has the same name. So just delete the old version.
    Thanks Jetstream. Just curious, if that's the case, why does it only show up once in the My World section of Appworld, but twice on the home screen?
    11-05-11 10:04 AM
    Thanks Jetstream. Just curious, if that's the case, why does it only show up once in the My World section of Appworld, but twice on the home screen?
    In AppWorld, a dev first creates an entry for their app. Then the dev can upload whatever versions of files go with that app. Therefore, regardless of how many versions get uploaded, it will all be associated with that app, and furthermore, only the latest version can be downloaded by users.
    It in when it is downloaded that the user's PlayBook decides whether it's updating an existing app or installing a new one. An app that is signed with a different key will not be recognized as an updated version of an existing app, thus it gets installed as if it's a new one.
    LuayS likes this.
    11-05-11 11:55 AM
    I see thnaks for clearing that up jetstreamblue
    11-05-11 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD