Now that some updates to various applications have been released, has anyone noticed some odd behaviours with how the Playbook updates an app?

To be more specific, this evening, I updated the following Apps:

Tetris for Blackbery Playbook
    Ruler
    The Province
    The Gazette
    Galaxy Painting
    Vancouver Sun

The Tetris App upgraded properly but the remaining apps upgraded but left the old versions still on my Playbook. For example, I had an old version of The Ruler app and the new version of the Ruler App. Both worked fine - there were bugs in the older version of the app. The upgraded version corrected the bugs. But I could use both versions of the app.

I ended up clicking on the old version of the app and deleted it from the main home page (not within App World). It asked to me to confirm that I wanted to delete the application. It did. Interestingly, the new version of the app was left behind. It works fine. It's listed in the App World as Installed.

Has anyone noticed duplicate apps when upgrading their Playbook?
    05-06-11 07:42 PM
    Not here. But then I've been trying to download updates for Jigsaw Puzzle for several days & the installation always fails. Same with Solitaire.
    05-06-11 09:23 PM
    Yup. I wound up with two versions of a Unit Conversion app. That led to a question I had about permanently deleting from AppWorld's "buffer." I don't want it to appear there, too. Obviously the update function requires some, ahem, work. Maybe while they are searching for a SEARCH function in the pdf reader, they can search for a solution for this, too!
    05-06-11 09:40 PM
    happened to me as well for the gazette which OP mentioned, and COMICS (which is quickly shaping up to be a very nice little comic book reader btw. this last update really improved things A LOT!)
    05-06-11 09:46 PM
    Solitaire update fails for me every time as well. Tetris worked fine though.
    05-06-11 09:47 PM
    Trying to download tetris upgrade but it says thar my device profile is not compatible.. I am in mexico...
    Thanx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-11 11:18 PM
    i wish there was an update all button. i hate having to go thru all of them especially the ones at the bottom of the list.
    05-06-11 11:21 PM
    anyone help... Where do i change my device profile to upgrade apps...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-11 11:35 PM
    I'm having this issue with the Aqualux app...It keeps wanting to update to 0.0.7 but it leaves the old version. I wouldn't have a problem deleting the old one but the new one isn't showing that I've beaten the game so I would have to start all over.
    05-06-11 11:55 PM
    I experienced the same issue last evening. The fix is to delete the application via BlackBerry AppWorld which removes both the old and new versions and then click reinstall which brings back the latest version only. A minor glitch in the cache used by the BlackBerry AppWorld application.
    05-07-11 02:36 AM
    Some apps that were free, are now pay, thus no updates, will get an error.
    05-07-11 03:02 AM
    got the duplicates as well
    i had it for the need for speed , even when i tried to delete the need for speed and just install it from scratch it wouldnt let me.
    same with the snow board bunny game i think.
    is there any solution for this problem ?
    now i cant install need for speed or any other updated game
    i am think of deleting everyhing on it and reinstalling

Now that some updates to various applications have been released, has anyone noticed some odd behaviours with how the Playbook updates an app?

To be more specific, this evening, I updated the following Apps:

Tetris for Blackbery Playbook
    Ruler
    The Province
    The Gazette
    Galaxy Painting
    Vancouver Sun

The Tetris App upgraded properly but the remaining apps upgraded but left the old versions still on my Playbook. For example, I had an old version of The Ruler app and the new version of the Ruler App. Both worked fine - there were bugs in the older version of the app. The upgraded version corrected the bugs. But I could use both versions of the app.

I ended up clicking on the old version of the app and deleted it from the main home page (not within App World). It asked to me to confirm that I wanted to delete the application. It did. Interestingly, the new version of the app was left behind. It works fine. It's listed in the App World as Installed.

Has anyone noticed duplicate apps when upgrading their Playbook?
    05-07-11 05:57 AM
    I experienced the same issue last evening. The fix is to delete the application via BlackBerry AppWorld which removes both the old and new versions and then click reinstall which brings back the latest version only. A minor glitch in the cache used by the BlackBerry AppWorld application.
    Would you mind posting how to "delete via BB appworld?" I went looking and could not find any such option but I may be missing something obvious.

Thanks.
    05-07-11 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD