Update re Blackberry Playbook App Issue;

A number of our Kobo Blackberry Playbook app customers have been affected by an issue which was caused by free books in their libraries - this issue has been identified and fixed earlier this week.

We identified another issue through customer feedback and have created a fix for this in the form of a Blackberry App upgrade.

This upgrade will be released this week and we will post immediately once its ready for download.

Thank you for your continued patience in this matter.

Sincerely,
    The Kobo Team.
    f1mx, diegonei, evozero and 2 others like this.
    11-16-11 11:52 AM
    Got this announcement from the Facebook Kobo site.

I spent alot of time pestering them there yesterday ...and phone support..with the solution posted in the "Solution For Kobo Issues" thread. Hoping someone there would listen for a change.

Wonder what the issue identified by customer feedback was all about

Be nice if they specified the issue identified.

Very strong believer in user forums...would like to see singlesculler get some credit for this update if indeed the solution provided the clues they needed.
    Last edited by JaredPress; 11-16-11 at 12:23 PM.
    11-16-11 11:56 AM
    From Phone Support:
    Hey Jared,

Thank you for the information that you have provided us with.

We will definitely put this in use,thank you for you effort and your time.
    Also,The Crackberry Forum.

Sincerely,
    The Kobo Team.

__________________________________________________ __

From Facebook Site

Darrell, an employee of kobo, replied to Solution For Playbook Kobo Problem and Possible Cause, a problem about kobo.
    Hello Jared,

We certainly thank you for taking the time to make this post. We understand that this issue has been very difficult as well as a tremendous inconvenience to our customers. Your feedback and step by step instructions to a solution that worked for you is greatly appreciated. We thank you for your patience and understanding, and for your support of Kobo.

Sincerely,
    The Kobo Team

Maybe a little effort does pay off...besides being frustrated I was just plain bored and ...just quit smoking
    11-16-11 12:40 PM
    Posted this in reply to reply

Jared Norton 4 minutes ago
    Darrell

Just saw the announcement about a new update coming out for Playbook Kobo due to user feedback.

Not entirely sure if this solution prompted that update but if so I think the crackberry forum would love to hear from you about their contribution.

Perhaps a reward for the individual who provided the key...not me but a user who goes by "singlesculler".

Maybe a new Kobo Vox ???

Just a thought.

Cheers
    J
    wobly likes this.
    11-16-11 01:12 PM
    Posted this in reply to reply

Jared Norton 4 minutes ago
    Darrell

Just saw the announcement about a new update coming out for Playbook Kobo due to user feedback.

Not entirely sure if this solution prompted that update but if so I think the crackberry forum would love to hear from you about their contribution.

Perhaps a reward for the individual who provided the key...not me but a user who goes by "singlesculler".

Maybe a new Kobo Vox ???

Just a thought.

Cheers
    J
    I sure hope this fixes it cause mine still not working and I've tried just about everything. Is it a regional thing? Lots of posters say that it's back to normal for them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-11 01:55 PM
    I lost three books doing the fix. Still waiting for Kobo to respond to my support email asking for them to provide the books again.
    11-16-11 03:18 PM
    I lost three books doing the fix. Still waiting for Kobo to respond to my support email asking for them to provide the books again.
    Free books or purchased?

How many did you get back?
    11-16-11 06:53 PM
    I just wish they would allow sideloading as well. And annotating.
    11-17-11 03:15 AM
    I am curious what books are causing people problems. Most I have heard from got all of their books back but some have not.

I got all 15 of mine. They are all Adobe DRM ePub books.

Are the ones you are missing or causing the app to hang Adobe DRM ePub or something else.
    11-17-11 09:31 AM
    I just wish they would allow sideloading as well. And annotating.
    the lack of side loading is just nuts. Hopefully its addressed soon.
    11-17-11 09:47 AM
    Free books or purchased?

How many did you get back?
    Out of 29 books, 3 failed to be restored. All are paid books.
    11-18-11 10:47 AM
    Out of 29 books, 3 failed to be restored. All are paid books.
    Glad you got vasr majority back.

Wish we.could have helped everyone 100% I suppose given the limitations we were lucky to do as well as we did.

lets hope Kobo will bone up for the books that went missing or cant be reloaded.

I think the best bet to get your books back or refund is to call their support line with your email reciept. The support folks can access your online account and verify the status of you purchases.

Email support is a dead.end.

Hope that helps
    11-18-11 03:14 PM
    And pittyfully enough, email is the only way I can reach them.
    11-18-11 04:25 PM
    Where is the update? Will it just show up on my PB?
    11-18-11 05:23 PM
    You should get a notification in app world.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-11 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD