how do we get the new bbm? there are no updates when i look for it on app world... i tried getting it from beta zone but it doesnt load on my bb, someone help!
    05-02-11 03:14 PM
    End all chats on your phone before opening PB bbm
    I wish that worked but it doesn't do a thing for this crashing issue. I have been working all day to try and figure this out, and it still crashes instantly when clicking on the BBM icon. I even manually paired my phone to the PB and the pairing was successful but I still can't get BBM to stay open on the PB
    05-02-11 03:31 PM
    Got my new bridge app loaded and rebooted then rebooted and rebridged playbook. BBM icon apears but when I open it up it closes right back down. Tried several times and got it to open but when I clicked on a contact it closed again.
    I'm am having this exact same problem and I have wasted a day trying to fix it. Alcohol here I come
    05-02-11 03:32 PM
    I wish that worked but it doesn't do a thing for this crashing issue. I have been working all day to try and figure this out, and it still crashes instantly when clicking on the BBM icon. I even manually paired my phone to the PB and the pairing was successful but I still can't get BBM to stay open on the PB
    i only get that if i have any chats open.. once i end them on my phone .. bbm on pb opens right up..
    05-02-11 03:42 PM
    i only get that if i have any chats open.. once i end them on my phone .. bbm on pb opens right up..
    I am ready to cry. I have my phone sitting 2" from my PB, BBM has all chats closed, there is no wind blowing, and yet when I click on the BBM icon on my PB -- it opens and closes so fast, taunting me
    05-02-11 03:45 PM
    You guys having BBM crashing issues - you might need the PB OS upgrade that's due out tomorrow to fix everything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-11 03:51 PM
    You guys having BBM crashing issues - you might need the PB OS upgrade that's due out tomorrow to fix everything.

where is my crying wailing icon?? I hope you are right.
    05-02-11 03:52 PM
    The update is epic fail RIM. I updated bridge on my BB and rebooted both devices and tried rebridging my PB but nothing. Doesnt give me any option for updating.

EPIC FAIL. Good going RIM. So 3 weeks now the PB has been out and all we get is this?
    05-02-11 03:52 PM
    i am also running bbm beta.. idk
    05-02-11 03:53 PM
    i am also running bbm beta.. idk
    Kol, I originally had the BBM6 beta installed this morning and when this problem became evident I thought maybe that was the reason, so I uninstalled BBM6 and installed the brand new alpha release of BBM5 from this morning. NO JOY
    05-02-11 03:54 PM
    wheres my 'youre an *****' smiley
    05-02-11 03:54 PM
    Kol, I originally had the BBM6 beta installed this morning and when this problem became evident I thought maybe that was the reason, so I uninstalled BBM6 and installed the brand new alpha release of BBM5 from this morning. NO JOY
    im going to hit you on bbm.. "ironic i know"..lol
    05-02-11 03:56 PM
    The update is epic fail RIM. I updated bridge on my BB and rebooted both devices and tried rebridging my PB but nothing. Doesnt give me any option for updating.

EPIC FAIL. Good going RIM. So 3 weeks now the PB has been out and all we get is this?
    These are all leaked workarounds. The official update to the TabletOS is tomorrow. Wait until then, that might resolve issues people are having.
    05-02-11 03:57 PM

there is no update on the Playbook it is all on your phone. You need the newest Bridge version and you need the newest BBM5 update that is on BB Beta Zone installed to your phone. Then you need to delete your old Bridge connections on your Playbook and your phone (in the Bridge app) reboot both devices, then re-establish a new Bridge connection.
    05-02-11 03:57 PM
    You do NOT need the beta version of BBM. Just make sure you have the released version 5.0.3.22
    05-02-11 04:10 PM
    You do NOT need the beta version of BBM. Just make sure you have the released version 5.0.3.22
    I didn't say the beta version, I actually said he needs the alpha version BBM5 released this morning.
    05-02-11 04:11 PM
    Talk about a total in the *** to do. Now we know why people prefer ipads.
    Tried all that, still no go! I have BBM6 beta I wonder if thats the issue?
    05-02-11 04:21 PM
    for what its worth, I have a bb9800 on at&T I have the beta version of bbm 6 instaleld. I installed the OTA update to bridge that was posted here. rebooted my phone and click on bridge apps on the pb and BBM was listed. Waited about 2min and it connected and showed my active chats. Its up and running. seems to work ok.
    05-02-11 04:27 PM
    I just updated as well. My messages to web links are blue and they were not before. I can see the bridge files, but when i attempt to open, I get (There are no files that can be opened in this application) Thanks for the update, with the highlighted links i was able to update the security token for Salesforce and get it running on my PB.
    05-02-11 04:46 PM
    Actually you did:

you need the newest BBM5 update that is on BB Beta Zone
    The BBM version is not the one in the Beta Zone. It's the released version.
    05-02-11 04:53 PM
    i dont think what we did today was official at all.. i think when the os update comes we'll see everything working just fine.. all this "workaround" shoulda been the clue
    dollface likes this.
    05-02-11 04:55 PM
    Anyone else experiencing bad memory leak with the new Bridge? My 9000 boots up with 32mb and within 2 hrs, it will drop below 20mb. It usually takes about 3 days to go that low.

05-02-11 04:57 PM
    blah... 10chrs.... we got forums and yet no one reads
    05-02-11 05:03 PM
    Actually you did:

The BBM version is not the one in the Beta Zone. It's the released version.
    well sorry. I downloaded my BBM vers 5.0.3.22 just today on BB Beta Zone website. It says it is for public release, but I did get it there.
    05-02-11 05:09 PM
    I just downloaded the updated Bridged and restarted both my Torch and my PB but I get no changes.

Can someone help?
    05-02-11 06:00 PM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD