Strange:
    BB appworld still shows current as .76
    I installed .83 from the link posted on crackberry
    After installation and a battery pull I can't see BBM on the PB
    Or, an extra connection for Poynt even after updating to the current version too.
    (I am on TM with a BB9000)
    I believe it's only working with devices running OS6 with BBM6 for now...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-11 11:23 AM
    no, i have it working using bbm 5.0.3.22. make sure you have that version.
    05-02-11 11:36 AM
    The Bridge app on my 9650 says there is NO update so I'm trying the ota link - going slow.
    Do a battery pull, that will get the update to show in appworld for you.

That's what I did on my 9650, it worked fine.

Hope that helps..

Bill
    05-02-11 11:44 AM
    After ALT-R S T and battery pulls didn't work for me, I found that I could get the5.0.3.22 BBM just by going to blackberry.com/messenger on my BB's browser.
    05-02-11 11:51 AM
    confirmed, on 83 it was fixing multiple "invalid request" login problem, including on my internal web

also, 83 improve the browsing speed which is more "real" and alike in the BB itself, where in 76 it was awfull, sites rarely open and slow as ****
    05-02-11 11:53 AM
    Got it - I needed a few things. The new Bridge but also the updated bbm for my 9650. And then I needed to reboot both the bb and pb.

So, I'm also testing the Bridge Browser which some say is better - still slow. BUT a big addition - I can finally log on to Crackberry from the Bridge Browser and not get the error intercept about url not available (discussed in another thread about Bridge Browser and Password problems).

I actually do not use bbm so that addition does not affect me - no friends with bbm!!!
    05-02-11 11:53 AM
    I am running OS5 and BBM 5.0.3.22 and my phone and BBM is working just fine on the PlayBook.

The BBM icon was not showing up on my PlayBook at first though. I had to delete all bluetooth and bridge profiles on the playbook and then re-pair my phone to the PlayBook. THEN the icon appeared.
    05-02-11 11:56 AM
    as of this morning, my bluetooth connection to my Storm 1 quit working. I uploaded the new bridge app and still no joy.
    The devices see each other, they just don't connect.
    05-02-11 12:06 PM
    Works awesome I just downloaded the new bridge app on my torch and rebooted and bingo it appeared on the playbook
    05-02-11 12:11 PM
    Even after the Bridge update, I am still unable to open .pdf attachments on the Playbook. (I can open them with no problem on the phone.)

Is anyone else experiencing this?
    05-02-11 12:15 PM
    Doing a speed test on my bridged browser, I am getting a ping of 1000ms on speedtest web site. That's a long way where I get about < 200ms on the normal browser. My guess is that bluetooth then wireless network doesn't help the cause...
    05-02-11 12:18 PM
    I installed new bridge app this morning and rebooted my phone. 34mb app storage on boot. Within 2 hrs, I'm down to 12mb. It normally takes about 3 days to go below 20mb so this worries me. I did another reboot and I'm already down to 26mb within 30 minutes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-11 01:16 PM
    Does BBM (when Bridged) show up as an icon or? How do you get it to work. Also how can you tell if you have Blackberry bridge Version 1.0.0.83? I have a version installed and it works great. I am on Verizon and have had no trouble with the bridge app. When I search app world it says that it is not authorized by my carrier. But it let me install it when I first got my PB. I am confused LOL
    05-02-11 01:19 PM
    Bridge browser is very slow for me and rarely works beyond the first link.
    Exact same issue here too. I can usually log into the first site but cannot navigate after that. It is basically useless. I'm on Att with a torch.

-Jeff
    05-02-11 01:37 PM
    help! upgraded the bridge to .83 , rebooted both bb and pb but still no bbm. what am i doing wrong?
    05-02-11 02:01 PM
    I'm not seeing the updated bridge up in App World (on Verizon w/ Storm2)...updated BBM though.
    05-02-11 02:03 PM
    Anyone else find BBM really slow? It'll show on the left pane as message/received sent, but on the right for the actual window it has a 1-2 second delay. And even typing sometimes takes a while to show up.

EDIT: Ending the conversation helped.
    05-02-11 02:42 PM
    Has anyone figured out how to fix the BBM opening and closing right away?

Thanks.
    05-02-11 02:56 PM
    I'm not seeing the updated bridge up in App World (on Verizon w/ Storm2)...updated BBM though.
    ditto with my S2 on VZW

EDIT: finally got and update alert pushed to my phone
    Last edited by leo1055; 05-02-11 at 06:50 PM.
    05-02-11 02:58 PM
    can someone post a BBM 6 ota link? for some reason i cant open it...

All we need to do is download Bridge and the new bbm onto our bb's and itll pair with the pb right? or am i wrong...
    05-02-11 03:01 PM
    ditto with my S2 on VZW
    i updated BBM through App World on my Torch first.

Then I updated BB Bridge through App World on my Torch as well.

Following that, I went to my PB and noticed a new BBM icon with limited functionality. Whoopdy F#&(#kin doo.....no Group Chat support and certainly no Video chat....hooray it's 2004!!!

Sorry, just so frustrated by the geological pace RIM is moving at.....
    05-02-11 03:03 PM
    Has anyone figured out how to fix the BBM opening and closing right away?

Thanks.
    I'm right here with you, I have uninstalled and re-installed both Bridge and BBM on my 9650 and deleted the pairing on the PB and in Bridge, re-booted 5 times and yet still when I click on the BBM icon it opens then immediately closes. All of the other Bridge apps work perfectly except this BBM one. I have gotten it to open and even have a chat, but it is random as to how many times it takes to get it to stay open. I even got it stay open but when I clicked on one my contacts names to start a chat, it immediately shuts down.
    05-02-11 03:04 PM
    End all chats on your phone before opening PB bbm
    05-02-11 03:07 PM
    Got my new bridge app loaded and rebooted then rebooted and rebridged playbook. BBM icon apears but when I open it up it closes right back down. Tried several times and got it to open but when I clicked on a contact it closed again.
    05-02-11 03:11 PM
    My problem is my email - I cannot get the app to connect properly.
    05-02-11 03:14 PM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD