Apparently, when using the iOS Facebook app, it shoves things you're in the middle of reading down and out of view, so it can show you a sponsored post instead.

If that's what comes with an update, you can keep it. Being able to see avatars isn't worth letting FB advertise to me even more. (As if anyone buys anything because of a Facebook post! What jerks.)

Yet another reason on an ever-increasingly huge pile of reasons I love my Playbook.
    badiyee and nealjane1 like this.
    01-24-14 11:54 PM
    Apparently, when using the iOS Facebook app, it shoves things you're in the middle of reading down and out of view, so it can show you a sponsored post instead.

If that's what comes with an update, you can keep it. Being able to see avatars isn't worth letting FB advertise to me even more. (As if anyone buys anything because of a Facebook post! What jerks.)

Yet another reason on an ever-increasingly huge pile of reasons I love my Playbook.
    Do you mean like a pop up ad? I don't recall ever experiencing that on my iPhone or my iPad. The only pop up I get is at the very top when there is a new story from a friend or a page I subscribe to.
    01-26-14 07:18 AM
    Facebook does get updates - it just seems most of the updates come with the core OS itself. Quite a few OS leaks come with newer revisions of FB - it just seems rarer that these updates come through BlackBerry world for whatever reason.

It has been updated significantly since the original versions. It's quite nice now - the original FB app on BB10 was little more than a skin over the mobile site.
    01-26-14 12:03 PM
    It's just that FaceBook is better on the PlayBook.
    01-27-14 08:01 AM
    It's funny you should mention it. I'm on my playbook now and been doing a little bit of sideloading. Also just updated my Z10 to 10.2.1 and been messing with that. How things have came along since the whole Playbook EOL saga. Flicking through my Playbook I just think it's so annoying how it all went down but all in all I'm not experiencing anything that has turned my Playbook into a "brick" or a "paper weight" It gets along just fine but it would have been finished the way it deserved.
    When I went on facebook, I usually just use browser, I had a little chortle to myself. It came back to me how I was totally disgusted at the time that they wouldn't fix it. If only I knew where that was heading I think we should start a campaign with BB saying keep all your fixes, os updates, flash, keyboard and bb10. We just want facebook profiles back
    01-28-14 05:13 PM
    I like how facebook received an update just the other day. The irony
    01-30-14 09:23 PM