Updated ZX Spectrum 48,128 emulator for Playbook more info here: v1.0.0.2 OS2 signed bar:

1. smoother input, no mistakes on menu browsing etc.
    2. layout changes, removed qa keys less clutter
    3. creates zx dir and defaults to this on open

note: if you try and open PIM and other protected areas of playbook the app will just exit...
    froggyface
    Last edited by froggyface; 02-25-12 at 06:35 PM.
    Daeve, sushistew, KermEd and 4 others like this.
    02-20-12 02:13 PM
    Can't wait to try this after loading OS 2.0!
    02-20-12 03:11 PM
    My first computer was a Sinclair ZX-81.
    02-20-12 03:20 PM
    Froggy

Thanks for the emulators on the playbook. You have single handedly made my playbook useful and it is not a paper weight.

Question: What other ports are in the works? Neo-Geo and Sega Dreamcast would be awesome, any plans??
    02-20-12 05:43 PM
    No one gives a f*** about this, just move on to N64 already!!!!

JUST KIDDING!!!! You've made so many emulators Froggyface, it's actually crazy. Thank you so much!!!!
    02-20-12 06:49 PM
    No one gives a f*** about this, just move on to N64 already!!!!

JUST KIDDING!!!! You've made so many emulators Froggyface, it's actually crazy. Thank you so much!!!!
    Speccy was massive in the uk and russia and a few other places its only US and Canada it was unknown it was called time sinclair 2068 or something...

N64 like mupen64 requires more work, GLES API mapping because it needs hw 3d support ... Its a lot more effort and importantly time.
    02-20-12 08:08 PM
    I'm curious as to the work in your previous emulators, is there anyone who's offered to help out on ones like VBAM and FCEUX?
    02-20-12 08:12 PM
    I'm curious as to the work in your previous emulators, is there anyone who's offered to help out on ones like VBAM and FCEUX?
    A few people have forked my github repo, JT added sorted file listing to the ROM browsing but please feel free to hack around and fix up code, add stuff. If anyone wants to help, the best thing to do is compile the github repo emu's github.com/trevornunes/ and add a feature or fix a bug, or speed it up etc. I can either merge the code into my main branch or add someone as a branch owner for direct submits. I guess the most wanted feature is a file selector, what I'd like is 'libpbrom' which I now use for all emulators except speccy to have a file browser dialog so a common single solution is available for all emulators.
    KermEd likes this.
    02-20-12 09:59 PM
    Speccy was massive in the uk and russia and a few other places its only US and Canada it was unknown it was called time sinclair 2068 or something...

N64 like mupen64 requires more work, GLES API mapping because it needs hw 3d support ... Its a lot more effort and importantly time.
    Lol sorry, I was honestly only kidding around. :P In all seriousness though, my most sincere thanks for all of your emulators, they're superb! I think the fact that we now have so many emulators (Sega, NES, SNES, Dosbox (which I guess technically isn't an emulator but, whatever), GB/GBC/GBA, Now this, and I think I might even be for getting something... Have brought so much more value to the PlayBook. You guys have been working hard, rest assured its genuinely appreciated! I would make a donation if I could, but for now all I can really do is say thanks, these emulators are amazing and the work you've done is outstanding, developers like you are invaluable to the PlayBook. Thanks!
    patmur2010 likes this.
    02-20-12 10:30 PM
    Updated my blog post with this link and links to roms. Cheers mate, thank you it looks awesome
    02-21-12 10:35 PM
    First off, congrats! The emulation is fantastic and even the sound is perfect!

But many games can't be played because most of the keys are missing.
    How do I add more of the keys back? Is there a configuration file I can edit? Where is it located?

Thanks again...if I can get everything working then ill give you a donation....cheers
    02-23-12 08:12 PM
    First off, congrats! The emulation is fantastic and even the sound is perfect!

But many games can't be played because most of the keys are missing.
    How do I add more of the keys back? Is there a configuration file I can edit? Where is it located?

Thanks again...if I can get everything working then ill give you a donation....cheers
    Only cursor keys are mapped for platform style games. You should try a bluetooth keyboard for full keyboard mapping. The virtual keyboard might work also, although ive not really played with it.

new v1.0.0.2 bar file ...
    froggyface
    02-25-12 06:38 PM
    Hi there

New to the Playbook, must say I am amazed at how dreadful the app support is!

To the point though, I have sideloaded this bar and it crashes when you try to open a file (following the instructions on your web page, menu, open file, enter then crash).

Regards

JonB
    04-06-12 06:17 AM
    You are amazed at the lack of app support but speccy emulators just appear?
    04-06-12 10:31 PM
    You are amazed at the lack of app support but speccy emulators just appear?
    Fair point... but why is Speccy emulator crashing on load?
    04-07-12 03:22 AM
    what file extension works on this emulator? i run it but i cant load games
    04-12-12 09:14 AM
    I'm also having the crash issue when trying to open a file. Any ideas?
    04-13-12 09:04 AM
    Any updates to this application? I still have the crash issue above when trying to load anything.
    05-16-12 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD