Similar to the way games and programs on a PC have the option to keep saved data when uninstalled, I'm having a similar issue with an app on my Playbook. The app is the AIO Remote. Something happened during one of the saved remotes that is causing the app to freeze and crash when that saved remote file is opened. So I figured I'd uninstall the app and reinstall it. Unfortunately upon reinstalling, the corrupted file was still there.

I've done a little research tonight looking for a solution but out of a few different options I've seen nothing worked. I tried going into the system file directory (by typing file: into the browser) to see if there was something in system/apps (or whatever specifically is the default install directory) but I got an error saying the file (system directory actually) couldn't be opened, please check to make sure you have the right permissions and try again. I couldn't figure out what to change there either to get access to check.

I am able to access the "apps" folder from the root directory there are a lot of folders there, none of which seem to relate to the All In One Remote app, that's why I wondered about the system/apps folder and trying to set permissions to get in there and have a look.

If anyone has any ideas about how to get rid of the residual files after uninstalling the app that would be great.

Thanks.
    09-06-13 10:39 PM
    security wipe may be the answer your looking for
    09-07-13 12:58 AM
    security wipe may be the answer your looking for
    Way too radical. OP, look here- accounts/1000/shared/misc/android/Android/data/com.egymasters.allinoneremotebb10/files/customRemotes/
    09-07-13 09:05 AM
    I was able to locate the directory pacoman mentioned but no files show up in it. I just downloaded Ghost Commander and went to the same directory and was able to delete the remote file. Thanks for the help pacoman. Testing it out now with a new one hopefully it'll work properly now.

Just to report back, all in all this app is a waste of time. I was able to create a remote and saved it in incremental stages. Once you click save you have to click edit again. Clicking edit now crashes the app every time.
    Last edited by Gimpy2k7; 09-07-13 at 10:17 AM.
    09-07-13 09:38 AM