Hi, I am trying to purchase luko frame on my playbook to turn it into a photo frame but keep getting the following error message "blackberry world is having trouble connecting to blackberry world server. Verify your network connection and try again"

I am connected fine, can browse the web and the app store. It's just when I try to buy the app using a PayPal account already associated with my blackberry account that it fails.

I tried following the instructions here but they don't seem to work and I can't see how to unlink a PayPal account either.

Any advice appreciated
    04-12-18 05:33 PM
    You can't buy apps from appworld anymore.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-18 05:34 PM
    04-12-18 05:35 PM
    It's there any way I can get luko frame now then? Our am I totally out of luck? The other option I was looking for was Files and Folders but it doesn't even seem to be in the app store any more. Are bar files of the apps available anywhere?
    04-12-18 05:37 PM
    It's there any way I can get luko frame now then? Our am I totally out of luck? The other option I was looking for was Files and Folders but it doesn't even seem to be in the app store any more. Are bar files of the apps available anywhere?
    Since all .bars are free now, here are some: https://www.mediafire.com/?npbavqdoiw565
    04-12-18 06:29 PM
    Oh wow that's amazing, thank you! I see you have files and folders. Hopefully that will do what I want as reviews suggest it might. Does anyone else have a useful repository of bar files like this?
    04-12-18 06:47 PM
    Aghhhh 'files and folders' doesn't seem to keep the screen on when doing a photo slideshow (and is only the 3 day trial anyway) so is kind of pointless. If only photo frame pro (which I purchased years ago) would with folders of a few hundred files it would be perfect.....but it doesn't. Back to the hunt for a luko frame .bar file :-\
    04-13-18 11:30 AM
    Back to the hunt for a luko frame .bar file :-\
    Your only hope really is to try and contact the developer and beg for a copy. That Files and Folders bar may also be available in other file sharing sites but I'm not sure if it is the full version.
    04-13-18 12:00 PM
    I actually emailed the developer yesterday. Fingers crossed. Do you know, if I got an old blackberry phone on which blackberry world still worked, could I buy the app (since it is still in the store, it's just that I can't pay for it because both the paypal and credit card options fail) and then load it on to my playbook? I don't understand why they don't allow you to just pay for things on the webstore :-/
    04-13-18 02:50 PM
    I actually emailed the developer yesterday. Fingers crossed. Do you know, if I got an old blackberry phone on which blackberry world still worked, could I buy the app (since it is still in the store, it's just that I can't pay for it because both the paypal and credit card options fail) and then load it on to my playbook? I don't understand why they don't allow you to just pay for things on the webstore :-/
    No you can't. They are discontinuing BlackBerry appworld at the end of next year and are starting the proces.

https://www.crackberry.com/beginning...ffer-free-apps
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-13-18 03:09 PM
    No, because BBW has shut down it's payment service completely. Many, if not the vast majority of apps have been abandoned long ago so there is the real possibility that devs do not care to even remove their apps or alter them in any way. Hopefully you will get a positive answer from a kind-hearted dev lol. Sometime in the near future we will probably see these paid apps being removed from BBW totally to just leave the free ones but until that happens they will still be visible, just not available for purchase.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-13-18 03:10 PM
    Aw well that sucks :-( Well, my next option is to write my own. If I can still get hold of the tools needed to set up a dev environment that is! I'll put another post up for that.
    04-13-18 03:35 PM
    ..and reading that post you linked to ray689 it looks like I am only just too late.....if only I'd started messing around with the playbook 2 weeks earlier i could just have bought it there would have been no issues!
    04-13-18 03:38 PM
    Use Snow Stipple's trick to keep any app from timing out while still running (essentially ) full screen. See my description and demo here- https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post10702422
    brookie229 likes this.
    04-13-18 05:10 PM
    well, that would be much easier than trying to write my own app........but I couldn't let it lie! I've spent the weekend getting a dev environment up and running. Because all the instructions are from so long ago it's been a real headache finding old versions of software, the ones the tutorials would have been using. I've even had to dig an old vista laptop out of the loft! But I have just this minute got the ubiquitous "Hello World" running on the playbook emulator. One step down, a million to go.

note to self....just use Snow Stipples trick.....
    04-15-18 05:41 PM
    foiled again. I don't seem to be able to get keys to sign an app any more :-(
    04-18-18 04:53 PM
    No, because BBW has shut down it's payment service completely. Many, if not the vast majority of apps have been abandoned long ago so there is the real possibility that devs do not care to even remove their apps or alter them in any way. Hopefully you will get a positive answer from a kind-hearted dev lol. Sometime in the near future we will probably see these paid apps being removed from BBW totally to just leave the free ones but until that happens they will still be visible, just not available for purchase.
    Any news?
    11-22-18 11:19 AM
    Any news?
    Nuthin'
    11-22-18 01:35 PM
    foiled again. I don't seem to be able to get keys to sign an app any more :-(
    Hairy, I know this was an insanely old thread...but if you're out there and still want to get your keys let me know...

Posted via CB10
    12-12-18 09:24 PM
    Hairy, I know this was an insanely old thread...but if you're out there and still want to get your keys let me know...

Posted via CB10
    I managed to get keys thank you. I got an app up and running displaying a sequence of photos. What I didn't get around to working out was how to re-size the images to fit the screen rather than being massive!
    01-02-19 04:03 PM