I asked the developer if they are making it available for PlayBook and they told me that it should work just fine on the PlayBook already. I didn't see it in AppWorld and I was thinking that it would be available for 2.0? Anybody have info on UberSsocial for the PlayBook?
    02-14-12 01:37 PM
    I would love to have Uber for my PB ...
    02-14-12 01:51 PM
    Lol that's what I am saying. I asked them more questions after they replied the last time so I am still waiting for a reply. Most likely coming with 2.0 or maybe they confused my question with OS7 but they clearly said "it works just fine on the playbook".
    02-14-12 02:02 PM
    wow that would be a nice app for playbook i want that app now
    02-14-12 02:34 PM
    upload/pm mw the ubersocial .APK and i convert and sign it
    02-14-12 02:44 PM
    They replied with this earlier ..

"Well you could just enter the download link into your PlayBook browser and install the highest build to see if that works. Here's the link, just type it in your PlayBook browser

UberSocial Download

Let us know if you have any issues getting set up!"
    So I have no idea lol. The highest build I see are for the OS7 devices.
    02-14-12 07:20 PM
    They replied with this earlier ..

"Well you could just enter the download link into your PlayBook browser and install the highest build to see if that works. Here's the link, just type it in your PlayBook browser

UberSocial Download

Let us know if you have any issues getting set up!"
    So I have no idea lol. The highest build I see are for the OS7 devices. He says that the OS7 build will work on the PlayBook.
    02-14-12 07:23 PM
    Here is a working .bar for ubersocial that I got from the BBX Team initiative a month or so ago
    02-14-12 11:39 PM
    Wow.. talk about a disconnect.. wth would they suggest you download the BB version, do they not even know what devices they support? Smh.

As others mentioned, the Android version may work when converted to a .bar file but the BlackBerry version most certainly will not.
    02-15-12 01:08 AM
    I'm embarrassed FOR the developer - or at least whomever is responsible for answering dev-related questions.

On the same note, it would be really nice to get a multi-platform social media app on the Playbook. Maybe if SocialScope would ever come out of beta, they could start developing a Playbook app!
    02-15-12 01:35 AM
    Wow.. talk about a disconnect.. wth would they suggest you download the BB version, do they not even know what devices they support? Smh.

As others mentioned, the Android version may work when converted to a .bar file but the BlackBerry version most certainly will not.
    LOL! Seriously man. Guy didn't know what the heck he was talking about.
    02-15-12 02:21 AM
    Here is a working .bar for ubersocial that I got from the BBX Team initiative a month or so ago
    Seems to require the Amazon Appstore app to be installed as well.
    02-15-12 07:30 AM
    Well it could actually work on the Playbook if it was written with Webworks. However it wouldn't show up in App World unless they add it as a supported OS/Device. Not knowing what language the app was written in makes it hard to say but the current version could work.
    02-15-12 11:43 AM
    Once you install the amazon app store and login Ubersocial works well. Just download then login on you PB running 2.0.

I still wish it was a PB app. Hopefully they wont forget about the platform that made them huge! lol
    03-02-12 05:45 PM
    Here is ubersocial for the Playbook. It does NOT need the Amazon app store and works fully. This should be the version you want mainly because if a new version comes out it will not work because it will try and pull the update from the Amazon App Store and fail because its not playbook.

Blackberry Playbook Android Apps | Good e-Reader Android App Store - Playbook App Store - We support Kobo Vox, Kindle Fire, Blackberry Playbook and More
    Crypt1c likes this.
    03-02-12 06:41 PM
    Here is ubersocial for the Playbook. It does NOT need the Amazon app store and works fully. This should be the version you want mainly because if a new version comes out it will not work because it will try and pull the update from the Amazon App Store and fail because its not playbook.

Blackberry Playbook Android Apps | Good e-Reader Android App Store - Playbook App Store - We support Kobo Vox, Kindle Fire, Blackberry Playbook and More
    It does not work on my Playbook...it installs OK and I get the icon but when I launch I just get a recently opened android apps list...any ideas?
    daqie likes this.
    03-02-12 07:14 PM
    Not sure, try uninstalling it and rebooting your playbook, that often solves many problems
    loreburne likes this.
    03-02-12 07:45 PM
    Not sure, try uninstalling it and rebooting your playbook, that often solves many problems
    That did the trick...Thanks!
    03-02-12 07:57 PM
    Good link, thanks. Wish it was the kindle fire version, but i don't see any kindle version bar's or even any apk's anywhere.
    03-06-12 07:51 AM
    Could we get some screenshots? I'm still on the fence between Uber and TweetCaster.
    03-06-12 09:10 AM
    Ill try to convert uber social for the pb

Jeroen

Edit; the official android version
    Last edited by jeroen_13; 03-06-12 at 09:35 AM.
    03-06-12 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD