hey guys, are there any .txt editors out there...i need to open some regular notepad files...thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-11 09:18 PM
    Thats what I would like to know too. Few days ago was assuming DocsToGo will open .txt file, but didn't work.
    09-20-11 09:25 PM
    Look for "text reader" on the app store. It doesn't have the best interface, but it definitely works and I've used it quite a few times for standard .txt files.
    mtint likes this.
    09-20-11 10:27 PM
    You can also check out:

Buy Notebook Plus - Download Notebook Plus - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

There's a more limited free version, too.
    mtint likes this.
    09-20-11 11:04 PM
    You can also check out:

Buy Notebook Plus - Download Notebook Plus - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

There's a more limited free version, too.
    Downloaded the free versionand and fund it really easy to use and just what I needed.
    09-21-11 05:35 AM
    I had the free version but paid the exorbitant price of $0.99 for the more html aspects. I have asked the programmer to think about adding a search function and maybe access to subfolders.
    09-21-11 10:56 AM
    hey guys, are there any .txt editors out there...i need to open some regular notepad files...thanks!
    The newest version of Files & Folders (currently pending app world review) includes a plain text file viewer. It also supports .zip files, pictures, Dropbox, Google Docs and sending files via e-mail.

Release notes are here. Approval usually takes a day or so. I'll update this thread once the new version is approved.
    09-21-11 11:54 AM

I don't know if it has changed with later os updates but in the past you could just change the file extension of the text file from .txt to .doc and the playbook will open them.

I'll give it a try and report back.

I just tried changing the .txt extension to .doc and the words to go app will open the text file.
    Last edited by robsteve; 09-21-11 at 12:23 PM.
    09-21-11 12:17 PM
    I don't know if it has changed with later os updates but in the past you could just change the file extension of the text file from .txt to .doc and the playbook will open them.

I'll give it a try and report back.

I just tried changing the .txt extension to .doc and the words to go app will open the text file.
    I will have to try but when I tried a while ago, it gave an error message of sometime.
    09-21-11 04:09 PM
    doesn't the word app included by default read and edit txt files?
    09-21-11 04:55 PM
    doesn't the word app included by default read and edit txt files?
    I wasn't able with DocsToGo to open a .txt file.

Probably need to view .txt file only few times per year, but when need the functionality is an issue ...
    09-21-11 08:59 PM
    just used file browser to rename to .doc and it opens in docs to go word app....thanx guys.

09-21-11 10:39 PM
    The new version of Files & Folders has been approved and is now available in App World. New features include the text viewer mentioned above, and extensive ZIP support.

More info here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...78#post6698378
    09-22-11 08:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD