03-20-12 11:26 AM
46 12
tools
    Can't find Nativecompass3D in AppWorld? How can I download it for free or otherwise if its not available??? I'm somewhat confused, but that doesn't take much sometimes!

Would really like to try it, but.........

R...

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    03-13-12 06:02 PM
    Scary thing is, this has the makings of a really great app. Did not work properly so I was hoping the upgrade would have solved the few issues I had. I might have been to close to metal objuects while testing it.

I sent the developer a PM but never heard back.

B

Okay, he did get back to me and is trying to set everything right. A series of unfortunate events led to some of us thinking we had to buy it.

Brian
    Last edited by CanadianBB; 03-14-12 at 10:21 PM.
    03-13-12 06:40 PM
    I'm also in the "can't find it" boat.
    03-13-12 06:50 PM
    Not to beat a dead horse but I can't find the compass app either heh doing a search on the dev in appworld only shows the decipher app :/
    vic1928 likes this.
    03-13-12 06:54 PM
    I had the free version. App world said there was an update to version 2 today. I went to update it and it told me the price has changed to 1.99. I deleted the app. I do not like that type of practice.

I will be willing to purchase that software if the author can explain why it is now charging for an upgrade after promising it would be free of charge. I have no problem purchasing quality software and their compass software was good quality. I will purchase it if I hear an acceptable explanation.
    03-13-12 07:21 PM
    I had the free version. App world said there was an update to version 2 today. I went to update it and it told me the price has changed to 1.99. I deleted the app. I do not like that type of practice.

I will be willing to purchase that software if the author can explain why it is now charging for an upgrade after promising it would be free of charge. I have no problem purchasing quality software and their compass software was good quality. I will purchase it if I hear an acceptable explanation.
    Sometimes is not the author intention but unintended consequences of changing the name of the app... see this devblog article
    Eolf
    niazdokrat likes this.
    03-13-12 08:26 PM

Exact same thing happened to me. I deleted it as well for the same reason.
    03-13-12 09:38 PM
    Hopefully the developer fixes this. This is actually a very good compass app.

I was surprised to see the $1.99 price tag to update it.
    03-13-12 11:54 PM
    Ditto. Deleted. Not that impressive anyhow and not for 1.99.
    03-14-12 07:48 AM
    developer said that the app would be free for the weekend. now that the weekend has passed, i dont see y it should be free.

if u think its a good app and if the price is fair to you, buy it. else, continue hunting.

for once, put urself in the developer's shoe. try developing apps and make them free-for-all-forever.

perhaps your perception on "I do not like that type of practice" and "That's how drug dealers work" might change.
    03-14-12 09:48 AM
    It looks cool, nice work.
    03-14-12 10:04 AM
    First Of all i would like to apologize to everyone including this late reply ( have been extremely busy with other personal things and i also have a full time job which is not developing apps. So bad that i haven't been on the forums in a couple days. )

My intention was that the updates would be free for those who downloaded it that weekend. It was not purposely a bait and switch and that is actually why it is temporarily removed from app world.

I have emailed support about this because in the vendor portal it is clearly set that the upgrade price is free but am still awaiting a reply.

Also for the others that didnt see this offer being free only for the weekend before downloading i updated the description indicating such on the thursday but didnt realise they also have to approve changes to those as well and it still hasnt been approved up to now. :? app world sucks in that regard.

If anyone is more familiar with the vendor portal and would like to explain how changing the price affects existing customers please feel free to shed some light.

feel free to pm or email me any questions.

Apologies,
    -Niaz
    Last edited by niazdokrat; 03-14-12 at 10:05 PM.
    deanrw1, iSin, gtamhankar and 1 others like this.
    03-14-12 09:48 PM
    Thank you. So much better once everyone communicates.

Brian
    niazdokrat likes this.
    03-14-12 10:10 PM
    Thank you for that update. I will gladly pay for that software now.

Regards

Dean
    03-15-12 09:07 AM
    got the 2.0 update, in landscape mode it points north to the left

in portrait mode it points north to the right lol.
    03-16-12 01:54 AM
    Here is the response i received from app world support regarding the paying of upgrades.

Hello,

Thank you for your email. When a user downloads an application for Free, and then the application changes from Free to Paid, the user will be prompted to purchase the next upgrade at the price of the application.

This is by design in App World.

We apologize for the confusion.

Kind Regards,
    Ryan
    BlackBerry App World
    Research In Motion Limited
    iSin likes this.
    03-16-12 05:40 PM
    Here is the response i received from app world support regarding the paying of upgrades.

Hello,

Thank you for your email. When a user downloads an application for Free, and then the application changes from Free to Paid, the user will be prompted to purchase the next upgrade at the price of the application.

This is by design in App World.

We apologize for the confusion.

Kind Regards,
    Ryan
    BlackBerry App World
    Research In Motion Limited
    So for example, when Modern Combat 2 and Asphalt 6 (just to give an example) upgrades and i downloaded them for free, would i be asked to pay? =/ Bullsh*t if you ask me.
    03-16-12 07:42 PM
    I still can not find the NativeCompass3D app! Is it not available in the UK? I can see Decipher no problem
    03-18-12 07:52 PM
    it still is not available. submitted a new version which fixed a major bug last week and still waiting for approval. I dont want anyone (especially a new user) downloading the current version with that bug as it caused the app to crash basically when it got a gps fix.

After fixing that bug i also made it able to work without the GPS permissions (obviously wont use gps then).
    loreburne likes this.
    03-19-12 11:52 AM
    it still is not available. submitted a new version which fixed a major bug last week and still waiting for approval. I dont want anyone (especially a new user) downloading the current version with that bug as it caused the app to crash basically when it got a gps fix.

After fixing that bug i also made it able to work without the GPS permissions (obviously wont use gps then).
    Thanks for the info....I will look out for it!
    niazdokrat likes this.
    03-19-12 07:57 PM
    The updated version has been approved and is available again in AppWorld. details in first post.

Also for any Muslims interested, I also have a version which includes a needle for Qiblah. but this will be a seperate app. will post when it is available. just want to get it verified.
    03-20-12 11:26 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD