So i have created two apps mainly because i couldnt find any existing alternatives for them.
    The first is a game called "Decipher". It is a word-based game where you have to unscramble words before the times runs out. Its actually pretty addicting and fun to play with a bunch of people. Its available in appworld for OS 2.0 devices already.

The second is NativeCompass3D. This is a magnetic compass (not GPS based) that has a 3D needle. simple app and will be available soon. App has been submitted and awaiting approval. approved and ready to download.

I have a few other features planned for both apps that should be available in a couple weeks. version 2 of Decipher is about 50% done already. Will also be adjusting for variations between true North and magnetic north in the compass app.

Feel free to ask any questions or if you have any comments/suggestions/feedback would be appreciated.

Update: Finally got the math working to calculate magnetic declination ( difference between true north and magnetic north). It was also a good learning experience. Just to include the GPS interface and it should be done.

UPDATE 3/8/2012: Compass app has finally been approved in App world and is FREE for this weekend!!! so download now and updates will be free.
    The newer version with the declination correction is almost ready (just working on a minor bug and then for the approval process) and will get your location either by GPS or entered manually.
    Also remember to please leave a positive review.

UPDATE 3/14/2012: Thanks to all of the people who have downloaded the compass so far and left positive reviews! and I also apologize but it was not my intention that people who downloaded the app while it was free would have to pay for updates. i did not know this would happen and have since temporarily removed the compass app from appworld. It will be available again soon.

UPDATE 3/16/2012: Received a response from app world support which basically said that the upgrade price setting only applies when a user is upgrading from Paid > Paid but not Free > Paid.

UPDATE 3/20/2012: Updated version is available again in Appworld and has a few bug fixed.
    • A major bug that caused the app to crash when it received a gps fix has been resolved.
    • The application will launch now without GPS permissions. however, you will have to set your coordinates manually for the calculation of true north.
    A Qiblah compass will be available soon as a seperate app for those interested. It is the exact same version as NativeCompass3D with the addition of a third needle so just wait a bit instead of purchasing twice.

Last edited by niazdokrat; 03-20-12 at 11:54 AM.
    02-20-12 04:25 PM
    I'm looking forward to the Compass app. Will it be availible in the App store? When? And how will I find out? DO i need os 2?
    02-20-12 04:40 PM
    Thanks for your contribution! Both apps sound great
    02-20-12 04:59 PM
    I'm looking forward to the Compass app. Will it be availible in the App store? When? And how will I find out? DO i need os 2?

It should (most likely will) be available in the app store (subject to the approval process)

I am hoping to be able to finish it up by tonight and submit it to app world tonight as well. then it will just be a few days for RIM to review. I will update the first post when it is available. Also you will need OS2 since access to the magnetometer was not available in the OS1 SDK.

Also i should say that almost all of the android compass apps will give incorrect readings on tablets because of orientation issues. so go native!
    02-20-12 05:17 PM
    A few days?...Maybe a few more then a few....As of yesterday, they had a backlog of 6000+ apps in the approval process

....I'll keep my eye out for it though
    02-20-12 05:32 PM
    Thanks for contributions to the platform, your already awesome in my (PLAY) book.
    02-20-12 06:21 PM
    It's nice to have (another) real compass app available in app world! I hope you don't mind me picking your brain about your native implementation as I am having some problems building the ANE replacement for the pure AIR code that I am using currently in my astronomy app.
    02-20-12 07:40 PM
    Sure buzz... I replied to your pm. Also edited first post
    02-21-12 11:23 AM
    updated first post.
    02-24-12 09:42 PM
    updated first post.
    Glad you got the declination thing working. It was fun sharing code with you and I think both of our apps are better for it. Good luck with your launch!
    Last edited by BuzzStarField; 02-24-12 at 11:04 PM.
    peter9477 likes this.
    02-24-12 10:52 PM
    finally accepted into app world! Updated first post
    PureGenius likes this.
    03-08-12 10:10 AM
    finally accepted into app world! Updated first post
    Congrats! I'll be downloading NativeCompass3D tonight.
    niazdokrat likes this.
    03-08-12 10:15 AM
    downloading native compass 3d now.

thanks.
    niazdokrat likes this.
    03-08-12 10:26 AM
    that compass app is legit.
    niazdokrat likes this.
    03-09-12 01:08 AM
    Thanks!
    anyways last night I got around to fixing that bug i mentioned. so now i jsut have to do some error checking on the input and the updated version will be finished.

I would also like to hear any features/ ideas you think would be useful
    03-09-12 08:39 AM
    just downloaded your compass app. Awesome work man!
    03-09-12 08:52 AM
    So today Native Compass wants me to pay for the upgrade? I thought it was free to all who uploaded it last weekend?

B
    +1 what's up with that?
    03-13-12 09:17 AM
    +1 what's up with that?
    The first one is always free. That's how drug dealers work.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    03-13-12 11:02 AM
    The first one is always free. That's how drug dealers work.
    This is a BlackBerry related forums and we're talking about apps, do not mistake the word "Crack" with something else :P
    03-13-12 11:47 AM
    The second is NativeCompass3D. This is a magnetic compass (not GPS based) that has a 3D needle. simple app and will be available soon. App has been submitted and awaiting approval. approved and ready to download.
    Congrats on your app. Would you mind to include the link to the AppWorld webstore in your original post? (yeah, appworld search sucks :-) )
    Thanks, Wolf.
    03-13-12 01:29 PM
    Still notvseeing the compass app but very interested! Please PM me when it's available.
    03-13-12 04:40 PM
    I can not find it either!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-13-12 04:49 PM
    Not showing up for me in app world either...
    03-13-12 04:53 PM
    This is a BlackBerry related forums and we're talking about apps, do not mistake the word "Crack" with something else :P
    Well it is the "Crack"berry forums.......
    03-13-12 05:05 PM
    I think that compass app has been removed. I found it earlier but I can't now.
    pjmacklin likes this.
    03-13-12 05:14 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD