This came up in another thread as a 'would be nice to have' recently, and tonight I stumbled on a semi-clever work around.

With WiFi AND bridge connected, you can have the regular browser open and active, as well as the bridge browser open and active.

Of course, with the speed limitations of the bridge browser, it would probably only be good for light browsing via the bridge, and the heavier multimedia-type browsing/streaming via WiFi.

Thats it...thought it was kinda cool, and a nice to know in case the multi-tasking web browsing need ever arose.
    08-26-11 11:18 PM
    There's an app on Android tablets that allows you to have 3 apps open at the same time in the same window. It's pretty cool.
    You can drag windows to cover more area on the screen.

Of course, Android has the same problem where if you want to open more than one browser window or more than one PDF reader, you need to actually have multiple applications.

There is more than one browser app, so that's possible right now on Playbook.
    08-27-11 12:44 AM
    There is more than one browser app, so that's possible right now on Playbook.
    Thats a great idea! Thanks.
    08-27-11 03:13 AM
    Of course, with the speed limitations of the bridge browser, it would probably only be good for light browsing via the bridge, and the heavier multimedia-type browsing/streaming via WIFI.
    So turn wifi on your BB on (mobile network off if you must too) and bridge will use that... wifi on both...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-11 10:07 AM
    You can also use either the comic sans browser or the Offline brose which despite the name actually lets you browse sites as normal. Although I find either of those don't work well with sites which have links opening new tabs or windows.
    08-27-11 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD