Since OS2 has come already, does anyone think that RIM is ever going to make a Twitter for PlayBook app? I have Blaq and like it, but I thought I remembered someone Kevin interviewed as saying that a "native Twitter client" would be available? RIM made the Facebook one, and the YouTube one also, but I was just pretty disappointed that when I clicked the Twitter icon, it was the same Mobile Twitter site launcher.

I also remember the other day, B1aze tweeting about how when Twitter for BlackBerry was being tested, no one knew what it was going to be called, until RIM employees started using it and it said "via Twitter for BlackBerry." then B1aze said something about Twitter for PlayBook being a phantom app or something?

I'm hoping for a native client, but until then, I'll keep using Blaq. Anyone else heard anything about a RIM-made twitter app?
    02-23-12 01:37 AM
    I have the Android Version side loaded. Trust me, you will be disappointed compared to Blak.
    02-23-12 01:47 AM
    I have the Android Version side loaded. Trust me, you will be disappointed compared to Blak.
    I have Blaq but Blaq will disappoint you once you loaded TweetCaster
    Hobbes2099 likes this.
    02-23-12 02:04 AM
    Yeah right now blaq is the best thing out there for all platforms. Just remember..once you go blaq...you gonna need a wheelchair....
    02-23-12 02:11 AM
    I have Blaq but Blaq will disappoint you once you loaded TweetCaster
    Agree. Tweetcaster is fantastic
    02-23-12 02:22 AM
    Sounds like I need to get on a PC and sideload Tweetcaster. Could anyone post a screenshot of what Tweetcaster looks like so I can see what I'm missing out on?
    02-23-12 02:24 AM
    Blaq is garbage.
    jacknewp likes this.
    02-23-12 02:27 AM
    Screenshots are in the Android market:

https://market.android.com/details?i...etcaster&hl=en
    Last edited by urbanguy; 02-23-12 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Forgot words!
    02-23-12 03:48 AM
    I don't care about RIM making a twitter app anymore ... because I am using the one for android on my playbook

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    02-23-12 04:10 AM
    It does seem odd that they have implemented twitter in such a way that we can DM people, but not actually tweet, or view the tweets of the people we follow.

It's like half an integration
    02-23-12 06:36 AM
    Here is twitter for playbook - Playbook Android Apps | Good e-Reader Android App Store - We support Kobo Vox, Kindle Fire and More

i messed with like 8 different versions of it, this version works perfectly.
    02-23-12 06:50 AM
    Blaq is garbage.
    Is there any reason why you think its garbage?
    Last edited by jcarty; 02-28-12 at 01:22 AM.
    02-27-12 11:45 PM
    I don't tweet much, but the stock twitter app even on Android sucks. I use HTC friend stream on my phone.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk
    02-27-12 11:50 PM
    I use Blaq - best twitter app out there as far as I'm concerned.
    02-28-12 12:32 AM
    Blaq is much better than the Twitter for Android I sideloaded. Favourite is Tweetcaster though
    02-28-12 01:14 AM
    Just bought Blaq yesterday & am rather dissappointed.....I now only use it to add a pic to a tweet. When trying to do other things on it, it lags, scrolls "herky-jerky," and is pretty slow with touchscreen actions.

1 example: Pull up your profile, try tapping your "Followers" or "Following" or "Tweets" - have to tap on them 15+ times to get them to open. Then after it finally opens, try scrolling up & down - ridiculous movement. Also when you have "Followers" or "Following" opened, you can't tap the person to get their profile to open. At least none of this happens on the mobile Twitter app (except you can't add a pic to a tweet...)

At first, I thought there was a problem with the app so I deleted & dowloaded again - same problems. Have been spoiled with Ubersocial on my BB phone.....guess I'll just have to wait for it to appear for Playbook......

PS - if someone knows why Blaq is acting up for me, would love to hear any suggestions........thanx!
    03-07-12 08:18 PM
    Just bought Blaq yesterday & am rather dissappointed.....I now only use it to add a pic to a tweet. When trying to do other things on it, it lags, scrolls "herky-jerky," and is pretty slow with touchscreen actions.

1 example: Pull up your profile, try tapping your "Followers" or "Following" or "Tweets" - have to tap on them 15+ times to get them to open. Then after it finally opens, try scrolling up & down - ridiculous movement. Also when you have "Followers" or "Following" opened, you can't tap the person to get their profile to open. At least none of this happens on the mobile Twitter app (except you can't add a pic to a tweet...)

At first, I thought there was a problem with the app so I deleted & dowloaded again - same problems. Have been spoiled with Ubersocial on my BB phone.....guess I'll just have to wait for it to appear for Playbook......
    Already fixed in beta. Also, seems like you were the one that left a great 1 star review for it.

It's still less than a year old while Uber is at least 5 years old. All I can say is give it time.
    03-07-12 08:21 PM
    I for one enjoy Blaq!... I'll never go back... ;-)
    jcarty likes this.
    03-07-12 08:33 PM
    I love Blaq, but have to agree the native twitter app for iphone, I dunno there is just something much smoother and easier about it which I like.
    03-07-12 08:52 PM
    Guys, here's the issue. We don't have a great UI framework (Cascades) like the iPhone (or iOS does), yet. This is why Blaq isn't as smooth as other apps on other platforms.
    03-07-12 08:54 PM
    Personally I prefer Blaq to Tweetcaster or any other app I've tried on Android.
    Which really is amazing as, as JCarty pointed out, the other apps have had way more development time on far more mature platforms.
    03-07-12 09:29 PM
    Guys, here's the issue. We don't have a great UI framework (Cascades) like the iPhone (or iOS does), yet. This is why Blaq isn't as smooth as other apps on other platforms.
    I didn't even think about that! good point!
    03-07-12 09:32 PM
    I figured as long as everyone is talking about it I'd upload the tweetcaster apk tho.
    03-07-12 10:30 PM
    I sideloaded TweetCaster and Twitter (both for Android) to see what they were like or if they were better than Blaq. They work fine, but they just seem like phone apps blown up for the PlayBook's screen. I deleted them both and only use Blaq. Blaq is the only one that takes advantage of the new auto correct keyboard, and the LED notification. To me, Blaq is the Ubersocial of the PlayBook.. I think even if RIM did come out with their own Twitter app, Blaq's looks and functionality will make it more widely used.
    03-08-12 04:48 AM
    Any idea as to when we might see this UI framework for the PlayBook? Seems to be taking forever!
    03-08-12 06:17 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD