What version of Blaq do you have?
    I have the latest 1.8.3. Do you have any twitter apps installed? I was thinking if those other apps might have been interferring....

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    07-14-12 07:44 PM
    I have the latest 1.8.3. Do you have any twitter apps installed? I was thinking if those other apps might have been interferring....

07-14-12 07:45 PM
    Blaq is, IMO, the best Twitter app for the PB. The real-time works well (and I LOVE the glowing WHITE LED alert when there's a new tweet). Only additional feature I'd like is a "Nearby me" function, a la Wikitude or UberSocial.
    So frustrating, Real-time is lit up but real time streaming still not working, I don't get the white LED alert notification. They never did work. How often does the home timeline refreshes? In fact, I even did security wipes and reinstalled the os multiple times but to no avail. This was the first app for playbook I bought from appworld. I don't get it, why it works for others and not on mine. The only twitter app that refreshes the home timeline automatically on my PB is BlackBird. But the thing is I would love to use Blaq instead. I hope this gets fixed soon. I appreciate how the dev still updates his app, but it's really annoying how a lot of updates already came out and I'm still having these same exact issues since v1.7.

Last edited by freya09; 07-15-12 at 09:43 AM.
    07-15-12 09:36 AM
    So frustrating, Real-time is lit up but real time streaming still not working, I don't get the white LED alert notification. They never did work. How often does the home timeline refreshes? In fact, I even did security wipes and reinstalled the os multiple times but to no avail. This was the first app for playbook I bought from appworld. I don't get it, why it works for others and not on mine. The only twitter app that refreshes the home timeline automatically on my PB is BlackBird. But the thing is I would love to use Blaq instead. I hope this gets fixed soon. I appreciate how the dev still updates his app, but it's really annoying how a lot of updates already came out and I'm still having these same exact issues since v1.7.

As I understand it, you've done security wipes but have you done a restore right after or did you just install it from App World?

I'm investigating the cause. It isn't happening to everyone but I'm starting to see more mention of this problem.

Let me know and we'll take it from there.
    07-15-12 02:16 PM
    I like the fact that you can swipe your reply to the right.
    07-15-12 08:19 PM
    As I understand it, you've done security wipes but have you done a restore right after or did you just install it from App World?

I'm investigating the cause. It isn't happening to everyone but I'm starting to see more mention of this problem.

Let me know and we'll take it from there.
    Thanks. After doing security wipes, I reinstall everything from appworld.
    Last edited by freya09; 07-15-12 at 10:45 PM.
    07-15-12 09:18 PM
    Thanks. After doing security wipes, I reinstall everything from appworld.
    Are you still having the issue?
    07-16-12 01:25 PM
    I know with the latest Blaq update scrolling performance was supposed to improve, but mine has gotten all jerky, and randomly hesitates. The previous version was much better in this regard. I want to use Blaq, but until the performance issues are fixed I will use TweerCaster.
    07-16-12 09:47 PM
    Are you still having the issue?
    Yes sir, still same issues.

07-17-12 02:28 AM
    I really like Scope for Android, this is a Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare and Instagram client all merged into one App =).
    07-17-12 02:38 AM
    Lemma is very lightweight
    I just tried this out after exclusively using Blaq. I have to say I like it way better. It may be barebones but it is easy to use and responsive.
    07-17-12 09:09 AM
    I really like Scope for Android, this is a Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare and Instagram client all merged into one App =).
    I tried Scope, I must say it really has potentials. Question is, how long will it in beta? The BlackBerry version has been for a year or so... And hope on future versions, we'll be able to use bridge connection. In the meantime, I'm back to using Flipboard. I'm looking forward to using Carbon or Tweet Lanes twitter app for Android (if they will ever work on our PBs). Makes me wanna dig in and get an android phone.

07-18-12 02:04 AM
    Blaq is a very nice app, and visually appealing to boot. Im starting to think the Playbook doesnt play so well with Air apps at all. All of the devs at RIM cant give me a fluid, lagg free browser and or BBM, so i think JCarty cant do much to the response rate of the app. I suppose a cascades re-write should be inorder. Tho i do not know how that will benefit developers... To rewrite their apps then provide free updates.
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    07-23-12 12:59 PM
    I finally figured out what was going on. I made sure the correct timezone was selected and turned on "Set Date and Time Automatically." Now, realtime streaming is working fine.

07-25-12 10:49 PM
    Twitter for android is more than enough as I'd never pay for a twitter client.
    Although 'Virtual Contact' is also a not so bad client.
    07-27-12 04:42 PM
    I have used Lemma, Twitter for Android, Tweetbook, and even BlackBird... but none of them comes close to Blaq... it is really the best twitter client on PB.
    07-28-12 06:42 AM
    I decided to give Blackbird a try, and I really like it. It has a very simple interface, and it outperforms Blaq in terms of fluid UI and scrolling. It is not as feature rich however.
    07-28-12 11:23 AM
    The new Uber Social beta has new pic editing like instagram and themes along with a whole new UI that's a joy to use.

This app truly feels native with 2.1 beta
    Last edited by BB-Bmore; 07-29-12 at 01:12 AM.
    07-28-12 11:43 AM
    Does it save some random pics on your PB that is viewable on the built in file manager? I just hate apps that does that.

And I certainly agree to the OP, I never had a smooth experience of twitter on Blaq.
    It will if you allow it. Go to settings and make sure it's not cache pics to sd,same with the new uber social..my new favorite twitter client.
    07-28-12 11:48 AM
    The new. New uber social beta has new pic editing like instagram and themes along with a whole new UI that's a joy to use.

This app truly feels native with 2.1 beta
    Looks great...minus the ads. I guess a paid version will be released.

07-28-12 08:25 PM
    It would be nice but at the very earliest probably not until BlackBerry10. You never know though. You would think with in app payment for Android now with 2.1 that more Android Devs would jump in considering it takes all of 2 minutes to convert the app, and of course any small tweaking that need be. The worst thing that could happen is someone buys your app.
    07-29-12 01:11 AM
    It would be nice but at the very earliest probably not until BlackBerry10. You never know though. You would think with in app payment for Android now with 2.1 that more Android Devs would jump in considering it takes all of 2 minutes to convert the app, and of course any small tweaking that need be. The worst thing that could happen is someone buys your app.
    Where did you get/download this anyway? I would love to try this.

07-30-12 09:07 PM
    I downloaded the apk direct from uber social and then I converted it and loaded it. As mentioned before you have to uncheck the box in settings that allows cache of profile pics or they will slam your files with them. If you take care of that all is well. PM me and I may send you the bar when I get a chance.
    07-30-12 09:25 PM
    No, realtime refresh doesn't work. It hasn't for months; and it still doesn't, even after the recent update. [Jan. 2013.] Too bad, Blaq seemed like a good Twitter client for a while, than gradually the bugs piled up. Hoping the expected native Twitter client in BB10 will make the half-baked and over-hyped clients obsolete.
    01-29-13 10:23 AM
    I finally figured out what was going on. I made sure the correct timezone was selected and turned on "Set Date and Time Automatically." Now, realtime streaming is working fine.

This did not fix the 'real-time refresh not working issue for me.
    01-29-13 10:38 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD