I've been experimenting with blaq on the playbook and find the app sluggish and a bit bloated (chews up lots of RAM). I'm now testing the official twitter android client (3.2.2) and find it to be much lighter and crisper. In fact, I find I'm using more and more android apps now that 2.1 has eliminated the single window lock up issues.

Question: What other twitter apps should I be checking for basic tweeting on the PB?

RCK
    06-26-12 05:55 PM
    Lemma is very lightweight
    06-26-12 06:01 PM
    I've been experimenting with blaq on the playbook and find the app sluggish and a bit bloated (chews up lots of RAM).

RCK
    rkennedy01,

Dev for Blaq, here. Android apps (puzzled as to why RIM did this) have a leg up on AIR apps, so the memory usage *could* be better.

I've been working on getting the memory usage down to more reasonable levels. You should notice an increase in scrolling performance in the next update but I won't be pushing the update out until it's ready to go.

Hope you understand.
    06-26-12 08:34 PM
    Tweet caster is without a doubt the best Android twitter client to use on the playbook. I use version 5.5 ,it does everything and does it well.
    06-26-12 10:45 PM
    Tweet caster is without a doubt the best Android twitter client to use on the playbook. I use version 5.5 ,it does everything and does it well.
    Does it save some random pics on your PB that is viewable on the built in file manager? I just hate apps that does that.

And I certainly agree to the OP, I never had a smooth experience of twitter on Blaq.
    06-27-12 12:03 AM
    rkennedy01,

Dev for Blaq, here. Android apps (puzzled as to why RIM did this) have a leg up on AIR apps, so the memory usage *could* be better.

I've been working on getting the memory usage down to more reasonable levels. You should notice an increase in scrolling performance in the next update but I won't be pushing the update out until it's ready to go.

Hope you understand.
    Indeed. And it's a shame because, visually, your app is quite stunning - though I'd recommend more readily available documentation since I had to Google just to figure out how to shorten a url automatically (space after it).

Again, if you can put it on a diet and make it a bit smoother to operate you'll have a winner. Here's hoping RIM can do something to accommodate you (perhaps by improving AIR app performance) in this regard. If not, maybe it's time to think Cascades?

RCK
    06-27-12 03:11 AM
    I may try that, but for now the official app seems to be working well, so...thanks!

RCK
    06-27-12 03:12 AM
    I'm working on a 'Light weight' twitter client. It uses <50mb ram so far. (While watching an Embedded flash video)
    Last edited by jeroen_13; 06-27-12 at 05:46 AM.
    app_Developer likes this.
    06-27-12 04:33 AM
    I've been experimenting with blaq on the playbook and find the app sluggish and a bit bloated (chews up lots of RAM). I'm now testing the official twitter android client (3.2.2) and find it to be much lighter and crisper. In fact, I find I'm using more and more android apps now that 2.1 has eliminated the single window lock up issues.

Question: What other twitter apps should I be checking for basic tweeting on the PB?

RCK
    I like the Blackbird app for tweeting.
    appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/48248?lang=en
    06-27-12 05:29 AM
    I really like Blaq it works well for me and is visually striking
    jcarty likes this.
    06-27-12 06:17 AM
    I'm using Blackbird right now simply because Blaq does not refresh realtime. Hope the dev fixes that.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Akuji_ism likes this.
    06-27-12 06:27 AM
    I'm using Blackbird right now simply because Blaq does not refresh realtime. Hope the dev fixes that.

The app does refresh in real-time. It's the only one in App World that does. If it isn't, tap the real-time indicator on the bottom until its glowing (but only do it once per every few seconds until it comes on).
    Last edited by jcarty; 06-27-12 at 11:09 AM.
    06-27-12 10:01 AM
    Indeed. And it's a shame because, visually, your app is quite stunning - though I'd recommend more readily available documentation since I had to Google just to figure out how to shorten a url automatically (space after it).

Again, if you can put it on a diet and make it a bit smoother to operate you'll have a winner. Here's hoping RIM can do something to accommodate you (perhaps by improving AIR app performance) in this regard. If not, maybe it's time to think Cascades?

RCK
    Cascades won't be ready for PlayBook for a while (after BlackBerry 10 smartphones). So, I have to make due with what I have.
    06-27-12 10:02 AM
    Cascades won't be ready for PlayBook for a while (after BlackBerry 10 smartphones). So, I have to make due with what I have.
    Blaq is the best twitter app I've ever seen ! PS is that 'dropdown' menu BBUI.js ?
    06-27-12 02:08 PM
    Blaq is the best twitter app I've ever seen ! PS is that 'dropdown' menu BBUI.js ?
    Thanks and the whole app was done using Adobe AIR.
    06-27-12 02:34 PM
    Blaq works pretty well for me, but it is a bit choppy and slow.
    06-27-12 04:18 PM
    From yesterday Blaq doesn't load the feed for me anymore, I've already tried all the possible actions including re-installing the app
    06-28-12 12:10 AM
    From yesterday Blaq doesn't load the feed for me anymore, I've already tried all the possible actions including re-installing the app
    Twitter is having issues on their end which is preventing the home timeline from loading. They're working to resolve the issue and the (supposed) ETA is "later today".

This issue is affecting other Twitter clients, as well.
    Akuji_ism likes this.
    06-28-12 12:27 AM
    Twitter is having issues on their end which is preventing the home timeline from loading. They're working to resolve the issue and the (supposed) ETA is "later today".

This issue is affecting other Twitter clients, as well.
    Experienced the same issue.. OAuth (twitter's side) didn't worked anymore for everyone
    06-28-12 01:18 AM
    Hi all is there a blaq app for the bold 9900?
    06-29-12 11:03 AM
    Hi all is there a blaq app for the bold 9900?
    No, only for the QNX platform i thought. Not for Java (OS7)
    06-29-12 11:43 AM
    Blaq seems ok for me.
    07-01-12 07:29 AM
    Blaq is, IMO, the best Twitter app for the PB. The real-time works well (and I LOVE the glowing WHITE LED alert when there's a new tweet). Only additional feature I'd like is a "Nearby me" function, a la Wikitude or UberSocial.
    stackberry369 likes this.
    07-01-12 09:11 AM
    Blaq is, IMO, the best Twitter app for the PB. The real-time works well (and I LOVE the glowing WHITE LED alert when there's a new tweet). Only additional feature I'd like is a "Nearby me" function, a la Wikitude or UberSocial.
    Real time does not work on my PB eversince How often does it check for new tweets?

07-14-12 09:09 AM
    Real time does not work on my PB eversince How often does it check for new tweets?

What version of Blaq do you have?
    07-14-12 11:29 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD