Has anyone tried any of the twitter applications for the playbook? The mobile twitter for this sucks and before i spend any money in the app store, id like to hear some opinions on the twitter apps.

Tweetbook
    Blaq
    Blackbird

posted from my playbook while laying in my bed watching tv lol
    11-23-11 11:02 PM
    I use "Lemma for the BlackBerry PlayBook" as my Twitter app. It's free, and it's decent.
    11-23-11 11:13 PM
    I really like the web version of Twitter on tablets than apps even on iPad2, I only like clients on small screens as smartphones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-11 11:16 PM
    Blaq is awesome.
    11-24-11 03:05 AM
    I have the OS 2.0 and Twitter for Android works PERFECT on the PlayBook. If you don't want to upgrade to the Beta OS, I just can say be patient, and in a few time you could have a decent free twitter client for PB.
    11-24-11 03:21 AM
    I tried Lemma and while free and decent, it's frustrating. I use the mobile version of Twitter. I will also try Blaq, but in the end I think I will wait for 2.0.
    11-24-11 04:19 AM
    Here's my 897 cents on the three Twitter apps for the Playbook. The break down is for aesthetics & functionality.

Blackbird:
    - Pros: Clean menu style on the left side of the screen, a top bezel swipe to open profile(slick). Simple.
    - Cons: Right side of the screen is empty. Font size choices are medium and large, at large, it's close to the size you'd expect on your smartphone.

- Pros: Smooth refresh rates. All basic functions work such as: Tweeting - attached media, shorten url, etc., Timeline refresh can be set, retweets(native retweet, old style and quote), DM, mentions, lists, search, and trends. Tapping on a profile opens it up and fills the RIGHT SIDE of the screen AND the "Following" & "Followers" button is functional, as well as tweets. Tapping #hashtags is functional.
    - Cons: Responses to a tweet aren't threaded regardless if it is a direct reply(@whomever...). Attachments cannot be viewed and is directed to browser. You can imagine how annoying the lag time and the swiping back and forth can be. Once the right side of the screen is filled with a tweet, you cannot swipe it clean or refresh to clear it. It remains on the screen until you choose another tweet, tweet yourself or choose another function from the menu. You have to tap on the actual words to open the tweet onto the right screen. Tapping the box itself doesn't work.

Blaq:

-Pros: It's the slickest out of all three. There are several settings for font; style and size. Design makes use of the entire screen but not cluttered.
    -Cons: I can't think of any it's so dang pretty considering the competition.

-Pros: Again, basic functions work. When you open a tweet, everything is functional(all that is available on desktop Twitter except if the user has a link for their website). The window that opens on the right side is smooth and can be moved down to tweet(automatic when you reply) so you can see what you are writing while that tweet is up and swipe it to the side to clear it from the screen. Url attachments open within the app, photos open, YouTube links open within the app(a YT screen pops up while the background darkens).
    -Cons: You can't see your profile(a workaround is if you open your own tweet). No settings for refresh times. No threaded responses BUT you can see direct replies.

Tweetbook:

-Pros: When you open a tweet, the pop up window is big. The "tweeting box" is huge, it takes up half the screen.
    -Cons: It looks sloppy. The stock font looks like something in a children's book. Menu is silver and background is a greyish leather look. When you open a profile, the bio box doesn't have proper macro settings, words run off and cut off. Painfully plain.

-Pros: All basic functions work. When you open a tweet with a Url it opens within the app AND it is fast(this is where the big pop up window becomes an advantage). You can see your profile.
    -Cons: Like Blackbird, you can't clear the right side of the screen once you open a tweet. No settings menu. MY PLAYBOOK CRASHED when other apps were open while opening tweets that had Url's embedded in them. Refresh rate is slow.
    You cannot open the "Followers" & "Following" on anyone's profile, including yours. No threaded responses. The price. I want a refund.

MY VERDICT: Wait for a free one from Twitter. But from these three, Blaq is a slick looking app with an intuitive UI and isn't missing too many functions that it becomes cumbersome to navigate.
    slane35 likes this.
    11-24-11 05:13 AM
    Yeah Im pretty new to the Playbook. So far Blaq has been my go to. Ive been going nuts though without knowing how to edit RT's. But I figured it out today. So that made it even better
    11-24-11 06:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD