View Poll Results: Do you like my the Optimized Tweetdeck ?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, i like it

45 66.18%
  • No, it's stupid

4 5.88%
  • I dont use the app / i dont have twitter

19 27.94%
    would be great to have it working in protrait mode ahem 'better' at the moment it's the entire app that rotate (you have to pan right to see the rest of the app). For instance in portrait mode, have only one column, and all the app commands (wrench, search coulmn scroll etc).

in the landscape mode, it would be great to choose how many columns we see

also in ladscape mode, larger areas to scroll through the columns (next three columns), it is very small to tap it
    Last edited by pgerhard; 03-03-12 at 01:45 AM.
    jeroen_13 likes this.
    03-03-12 01:42 AM
    First, I want to say a HUGE thanks for loading this up! This is what i've been waiting for as my Twitter app on my Playbook.

I've been playing around with it and found a bug or a problem. When I click a link it opens the link in TweetDeck and not in browser. After i'm finished going to the link I clicked, how do I go back to TweetDeck? The only way is to close the app and then opening it back up. Is there a back button or a way to go back?
    Ive got the same problem, i can fix it with ease. Im still looking for the LED API.

Jeroen
    03-03-12 03:14 AM
    I can fix this. It will be launched in V1.2 (TODAY)
    PS: That "Robsound" is the notification sound if you get a mention or DM
    The General TAB is for customizing tweetdeck. That option isnt available YET.

Jeroen
    Awesome. Yep, pic upload is fixed.

Yeah, I knew what Robosound was. It was just weird that a little pause button for it was appearing in the icon tray at the top. It seems to be gone now though.

Thanks!!
    03-03-12 06:53 PM
    Awesome. Yep, pic upload is fixed.

Yeah, I knew what Robosound was. It was just weird that a little pause button for it was appearing in the icon tray at the top. It seems to be gone now though.

Thanks!!
    I've installed the V2 and I'm still seeing the pause button for the sound file. As well, the links are still opening in the app instead of the browser and therefore, no "back button".

Mike
    Last edited by Mike_Luchia; 03-03-12 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Missed a sentence
    03-03-12 07:25 PM
    I've installed the V2 and I'm still seeing the pause button for the sound file. As well, the links are still opening in the app instead of the browser and therefore, no "back button".

Mike
    The pause button is the notificationsound ; whats the problem ?! I fix the 'link open' bug today.

Jeroen
    03-04-12 03:01 AM
    Jeroen... i think i love you.
    03-04-12 06:51 AM
    The pause button is the notificationsound ; whats the problem ?! I fix the 'link open' bug today.

Jeroen
    There is no problem, the person that I quoted had mentioned that it had gone for him so I was just mentioning that it was still there. As he said, we have never seen an app besides the media player put the play/pause buttons in the bar before.

Thanks for looking at the link opening problem for us.

Mike
    03-04-12 08:34 AM
    Thanks for the info!

BTW, your PB wallpaper is awesome! Would you mind posting it if you haven't already?
    03-04-12 09:47 AM
    Thanks for the info!

BTW, your PB wallpaper is awesome! Would you mind posting it if you haven't already?
    My topic with backgrounds and wallpapers (including that background)
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...papers-699544/

Jeroen
    03-04-12 11:32 AM
    thank you so much! now what should I do with Blaq?

Sent from my PlayBook using Tapatalk
    nazreil25 likes this.
    03-04-12 12:49 PM
    Loving this atm. Works great. Two things i noticed 1. no autocomplete of usernames 2. when getting a notification it says its a weblink notification (not the standard tweetdeck)

but love this otherwise! Try to ask tweetdeck for permission to submit it on their behalf
    dana_lopez likes this.
    03-05-12 12:24 AM
    There is no problem, the person that I quoted had mentioned that it had gone for him so I was just mentioning that it was still there. As he said, we have never seen an app besides the media player put the play/pause buttons in the bar before.

Thanks for looking at the link opening problem for us.

Mike
    Yep, it was gone for me the first time I launched it. The next time, it was back. I now realize why. I had the Slacker Radio app running the first time. If I have both running at the same time the pause icon doesn't appear.
    03-05-12 01:07 AM
    Loving this atm. Works great. Two things i noticed 1. no autocomplete of usernames 2. when getting a notification it says its a weblink notification (not the standard tweetdeck)

but love this otherwise! Try to ask tweetdeck for permission to submit it on their behalf
    Same here. Autocomplete of usernames would be sweet!!

Thanks Jeroen!!
    03-05-12 01:14 AM
    Same here. Autocomplete of usernames would be sweet!!

Thanks Jeroen!!
    I'll contact Tweetdeck� to see if they are developing a playbook APP. If not, then i ask if the will do it, or i ask the sourcecode of the site

Jeroen
    03-05-12 05:56 AM
    Hey Jeron_13 any updates from Tweetdeck?
    03-20-12 09:28 AM
    Well, i'm working on the Beta version (Made in AdobeAIR� instead of Webworks SDK) The AIR� version will be the SAME as the computer version !
    Jeroen
    Edit; i post the Beta APP link soon
    rjedge54 and 9of13 like this.
    03-20-12 09:37 AM
    Not to look a horse in the mouth, but...

isn't AIR a terrible platform that turns all apps into RAM hogs?
    Or so I keep hearing from those internets...
    03-20-12 07:11 PM
    @Hobbes2099 No, all the native apps are written in AIR� too and this APP is maybe 2/3MB which is very small for an APP !
    Jeroen
    03-21-12 01:05 AM
    It wont let me add a twitter account for some reason. Any help ? I go to settings and click on "Add twitter account" and nothing happens.
    Last edited by VanCity778; 03-21-12 at 06:47 PM.
    03-21-12 06:37 PM
    @VanCity778 go on you PC to Web.tweetdeck.com and try again ! Then it will work
    Jeroen
    03-22-12 12:53 AM
    -22-03-12 Launched TweetdeckAIR2.0 and TweetdeckAIR3.8

TWEETDECK OPTIMIZED FOR PLAYBOOK BY JEROEN_13 using WebWorks SDK

TWEETDECK is now available for your Playbook !

DOWNLOAD TWEETDECK AIR2.0

DOWNLOAD TWEETDECK AIR3.8
    NOTE! ; Both AIR apps are untested on a real playbook ! (only on a simulator)
    Jeroen

I know, you do like my post so hit the "Like" button !
    ADDED THE TWEETDECK AIR APPS ! TWO COMPLETELY NEW BUILDS !

Jeroen
    03-22-12 02:31 PM
    Great!
    I'll try out the Air version, see how it works.
    I tried the previous version, very impressive.

a few comments (hope they're constructive);
    - This TweetDeck does not remember/bookmark my last read tweet.
    - When I scroll to top of a column, the entire window pans. Can this be changed?

What I loved of Tweekdeck for Android was it's ability to stay on the last read tweet. This is still feature No.1 for me and it's why I use Android ported TweetCaster.

Individual column scrolling is great, but I can move the entire screen if not touching a particular column, or if a column is all the way to it's top. Could this be changed to keep the main page anchored in place?

NOTE: Comment posted before trying out newest versions.
    03-23-12 12:53 PM
    1st impressions;
    Apps feels a bit laggy, similar to other Air apps.
    I believe this is typical Air behavior and no reflection on the quality of the app's code.

Seems I can't use this without WiFi, I have the bridge connected and I can browse in the stock browser, yet I can't seem to login into my TweetDeck account using bluetooth.

will try again later when I'm within WiFi range
    03-23-12 01:53 PM
    1st impressions;
    Apps feels a bit laggy, similar to other Air apps.
    I believe this is typical Air behavior and no reflection on the quality of the app's code.

Seems I can't use this without WiFi, I have the bridge connected and I can browse in the stock browser, yet I can't seem to login into my TweetDeck account using bluetooth.

will try again later when I'm within WiFi range
    i can change the permission the way that they WILL support the brigde browser, bridge internet and bridge documents browser.
    Fix/update will come (for the people who are interested) tomorrow (might be tonight but i dont think so)
    Jeroen
    03-23-12 02:41 PM
    jeroen_13 once again thanks for your great work been using you first tweetdeek once iam home will be trying out this air version keep up the great work
    03-23-12 04:55 PM
90 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD