View Poll Results: Do you like my the Optimized Tweetdeck ?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, i like it

45 66.18%
  • No, it's stupid

4 5.88%
  • I dont use the app / i dont have twitter

19 27.94%
    I downloaded the file to my computer to side load but it's a .rar file not .bar. How do I convert it to a .bar file? I'm using a Mac to side load BTW
    You need to unzip it....I use winrar...I am not sure what you an use on a Mac to do it.
    The bar file is there when unzipped.
    02-29-12 07:27 PM
    btw thx for this app! how can i add my facebook accounts i put in my tweetdeck account it found muy twitter accounts but not my facebook accounts how can i add them i clicked the facebook but but no response would be great
    02-29-12 10:03 PM
    First, I want to say a HUGE thanks for loading this up! This is what i've been waiting for as my Twitter app on my Playbook.

I've been playing around with it and found a bug or a problem. When I click a link it opens the link in TweetDeck and not in browser. After i'm finished going to the link I clicked, how do I go back to TweetDeck? The only way is to close the app and then opening it back up. Is there a back button or a way to go back?
    02-29-12 10:49 PM
    btw thx for this app! how can i add my facebook accounts i put in my tweetdeck account it found muy twitter accounts but not my facebook accounts how can i add them i clicked the facebook but but no response would be great
    just go to tweetdeck online in your broweser. and add both twitter and facebook then just go back to the app

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    02-29-12 11:13 PM
    But I can't seem to log in, I have entered the same email and password on other Twitter programs and have no issue? Any ideas?
    Have you figured it out yet? you have to log into your TWEEDECK account, so just make one if you don't have one. Then you can add your Twitter account and Facebook.
    m_rkus likes this.
    02-29-12 11:29 PM
    I'm going to try this when I get home, this is incredible if you can go to a website (HTML5?), run it through webworks and make it an app.
    Thats how i did it !

I'm developing my own app now (including tutorials about WebWorks and app signing)

Jeroen
    Last edited by jeroen_13; 03-04-13 at 09:43 AM.
    03-01-12 08:57 AM
    Thx worked like a charm great app indeed now i can get ride of the other
    03-01-12 09:01 AM
    I still can not log in! I am using the correct Tweetdeck username + password...I tried on my laptop and works fine with the log in details....the app says check password..I have also tried logging in the website using the Playbook and get the same error.. Any ideas?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-01-12 10:06 AM
    I still can not log in! I am using the correct Tweetdeck username + password...I tried on my laptop and works fine with the log in details....the app says check password..I have also tried logging in the website using the Playbook and get the same error.. Any ideas?

you need to make a tweetdeck account to use it. Register from your computer, and login from your PB and then it will work. if that wont work go to http://web.tweetdeck.com to see if that works

Jeroen
    03-01-12 10:12 AM
    Thanks for the reply...I already have a tweetdeck login...it works fine on my laptop but when using the app , the website or the website you suggested it says loging failure check your password! It is def the correct password

03-01-12 10:43 AM
    same here, i have tweetdeck and still says password error
    03-01-12 11:26 AM
    same here, i have tweetdeck and still says password error
    Ill try to fix it
    03-01-12 03:17 PM
    Meh it is nice but I will stick with Blaq. So much better then Tweetdeck Imo.
    03-01-12 06:54 PM
    Have you figured it out yet? you have to log into your TWEEDECK account, so just make one if you don't have one. Then you can add your Twitter account and Facebook.
    I dicovered this last night after posting the original message, it just took me installing the version for Android to figure it out. Thanks again, the App looks great!!
    03-01-12 07:35 PM
    Great job with this!

Did notice something strange (or maybe it's normal), but everytime I start the app I get a "Notification Request - web.tweekdeck.com: Allow Notifications?" message that appears. Clicking on OK makes it go away, but it comes back each time I start up the app.
    03-01-12 08:54 PM
    Wow, thanks for doing this!! TweetDeck is my favorite desktop twitter client and I've been dying for a PlayBook app. And it even works in portrait!!

I've noticed a couple of bugs that are hopefully fixable. One is that I can't upload a pic in a tweet. I get the message "The application is not allowed to browse any files." I'm guessing this has to do with some permissions but I can't find a way to allow TweetDeck. Second is that the General tab in Settings is just blank.

One little quirky thing is that when TweetDeck is running there is a Pause icon in my icon tray. When I click it, I can play the TweetDeck notifier (called "RobSound"). Kinda funny but I've never seen another app have that.

So far, other than that it's working great!! Thanks again!!
    03-01-12 11:58 PM
    First, I want to say a HUGE thanks for loading this up! This is what i've been waiting for as my Twitter app on my Playbook.

I've been playing around with it and found a bug or a problem. When I click a link it opens the link in TweetDeck and not in browser. After i'm finished going to the link I clicked, how do I go back to TweetDeck? The only way is to close the app and then opening it back up. Is there a back button or a way to go back?
    Same here! How about a fix...please and thank you!
    03-02-12 12:44 AM
    Wow, thanks for doing this!! TweetDeck is my favorite desktop twitter client and I've been dying for a PlayBook app. And it even works in portrait!!

I've noticed a couple of bugs that are hopefully fixable. One is that I can't upload a pic in a tweet. I get the message "The application is not allowed to browse any files." I'm guessing this has to do with some permissions but I can't find a way to allow TweetDeck. Second is that the General tab in Settings is just blank.

One little quirky thing is that when TweetDeck is running there is a Pause icon in my icon tray. When I click it, I can play the TweetDeck notifier (called "RobSound"). Kinda funny but I've never seen another app have that.

So far, other than that it's working great!! Thanks again!!
    I can fix this. It will be launched in V1.2 (TODAY)
    PS: That "Robsound" is the notification sound if you get a mention or DM
    The General TAB is for customizing tweetdeck. That option isnt available YET.

Jeroen
    Last edited by jeroen_13; 03-02-12 at 03:11 AM.
    03-02-12 02:53 AM
    Great job with this!

Did notice something strange (or maybe it's normal), but everytime I start the app I get a "Notification Request - web.tweekdeck.com: Allow Notifications?" message that appears. Clicking on OK makes it go away, but it comes back each time I start up the app.
    Thats right, you always are asked if you want the Notifications so that you dont get an unexpected notification/sound .

Jeroen
    kwong26 likes this.
    03-02-12 02:56 AM
    IMAGE UPLOAD FIXED. (SEE PAGE 1 FOR THE APP)
    NOTE: The GPS and Camera permissions arent used in the app, i just put the permissions in the app for further development (like taking a picture and upload it directly instead of opening the camera, and "GEO-Tagging" photos. the GPS and camera arent used YET

Jeroen

edit:
    downloading this app now but....could you possibly share your background?? haha
    Background
    Last edited by jeroen_13; 03-02-12 at 04:52 AM.
    03-02-12 04:32 AM
    Tweetdeck is better :P
    Nothing is "better", it's all down to personal preference
    03-02-12 06:03 AM
    This is an separate app, so no part of the browser. because of that it will run smooth, let your LED flash when you get a notification and if your browser crashes Tweetdeck will go on !

Jeroen
    I'm not seeing the LED flash on new tweets. I have notifications enabled.

Mike
    03-02-12 10:26 AM
    I'm not seeing the LED flash on new tweets. I have notifications enabled.

Mike
    In V1.0 it works sometimes, in V1.2 not but i can fix that bug.

Jeroen
    03-02-12 03:32 PM
    works like a charm thanks for this
    03-02-12 03:33 PM
    Thanks...I installed the new version and still could not sign in....so I seen a button that said create a new account (or something like that!) I clicked it and it showed another box to confirm my password , so there was the usual login and one other password box to confirm....after I did that it worked fine! Thanks again!

03-02-12 08:54 PM
90 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD