I would really like to see some TV apps, like ABC TV, CW TV, CBS TV, PBS TV, and much more. I have seen these apps on other platform like iOS and Android. Hopefully RIM can add more of these apps than those useless android apps.

Native will be better, it might also take Nextflix and Hulu out of some people's head.

Today I sent a message to CW TV about their app on the Playbook, I have yet to receive a reply. If you guys could do the same and sent them a quick message, it would make the whole process faster.

Thanks,
    03-24-12 07:45 PM
    Search up Tablet TV on CB and Blackberry App Store. It's about the best we got. Developer is really nice and working on updates all the time.
    03-24-12 07:50 PM
    I tried it last night and I like it.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps
    03-24-12 08:08 PM
    As a non-US person, what additional content do apps deliver over the websites?
    Seeing that the PB can play flash, streaming content over the website shouldn't be a problem no? (whereas it is on the ipad, hence they made apps)
    03-25-12 03:08 AM
    At the risk of sounding like a broken record, what's wrong with the Internet? Do you have these Apps on your computer?
    03-25-12 07:53 AM
    Seeing that the PB can play flash, streaming content over the website shouldn't be a problem no? (whereas it is on the ipad, hence they made apps)
    Well, the app makes it easier to watch full episodes and other videos.

The other day I was watching a full episode of supernatural on CW TV on my Playbook's browser, and the video got interrupted like 20 times. The video kept freezing and you can see the pixels all frozen. I tried refreshing the page several times,but the problem still occurred. I never got to finish it, and was disappointed.
    03-25-12 09:35 AM
    Having an app instead of using the browser wouldn't solve that problem.
    03-25-12 09:45 AM
    Actually, it can. It just has a different optimization

From a higher perspective, if your willing to type and bookmark and all that jazz - sure you can do it from a browser.

But if you want a web interface better designed for tv (i.e. Less crap in the browser, better full screen look, user agent settings per page, already set bookmarks) you should look at a tv app like Tablet TV.

Sure, it isnt a must, and lots of the same problems go with it. But at the end of tbe day it is easier to use so worth the 2 bucks as an easier option
    03-25-12 11:55 AM
    I was referring to the freezing and video interruptions not the workability of an app over just using the web browser. Tablet TV rocks, I'm so glad we have it on PB!
    03-25-12 12:15 PM
    Pausing and continuing a show works much better on an app. The web page tends to lose your spot after a few minutes. Even jumping ahead, pausing or starting is fiddily on a 7" screen. I often have to take the show out of full screen mode, enlarge the screen so that I can hit the right spot. I've ended up resetting the show to the beginning instead of pause because the controls are so small.
    03-25-12 04:20 PM
    zoom helps make those controls bigger and easier to select.
    03-25-12 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD