Hey guys, I have created an app that blocks bezel gestures entirely!
    It also prevents you from putting device to standby!

Useful for apps that wish to prevent user from doing external activities or accidently switching app.

This is a Proof of Concept.

1. Disables all interaction other than in-app. User can only exit by pressing the red square in top right corner. Otherwise, you would have to reboot.
    Due to popular demand, there is an exit button :P Just click the red square in top right hand corner
    Download

2. Only disables all interaction in THIRD-PARTY apps (eg. games). If you switch to third-party app, you can't do anything at all. Works even with multitasking paused! Note that it's not possible to leave a third-party app in this state.
    To toggle feature ON and OFF, press the POWER button on your Playbook ONCE. This will disable/enable the feature in third-party apps.
    Download
    Last edited by xsacha; 05-23-12 at 12:28 PM.
    highos, Just Me, diegonei and 4 others like this.
    05-23-12 08:02 AM
    Hey guys, I have created an app that blocks bezel gestures entirely!
    It also prevents you from putting device to standby!

Useful for apps that wish to prevent user from doing external activities or accidently switching app.

This is a Proof of Concept.

Download

WARNING: THERE IS NO EXIT BUTTON!
    LMAO

Ill wait for the second version haha

Edit: Xsacha, can you selectively disable? For instance, only allowing swipe up, or keyboard swipe etc?
    Last edited by Sith_Apprentice; 05-23-12 at 08:20 AM.
    highos likes this.
    05-23-12 08:06 AM
    Now with exit button.
    05-23-12 08:32 AM
    This is great for games, thanks.
    05-23-12 08:49 AM
    If I understand this currently is an app that does nothing except stop swiping/standby (but now allows exiting) but the code would need to be incorporated into other apps to make it effective.
    05-23-12 09:41 AM
    ahh.. get it now, its to stop those annoying moments when you are kicking on modern combat and it goes into pause mode.
    05-23-12 09:43 AM
    If I understand this currently is an app that does nothing except stop swiping/standby (but now allows exiting) but the code would need to be incorporated into other apps to make it effective.
    Actually, I can make the app affect ALL applications -- EVEN if multitasking is OFF (PAUSED).
    I can make an exception for when you aren't in an app (eg. homescreen).

I'm just trying to work out a way to allow the user to trigger it on and off.
    Last edited by xsacha; 05-23-12 at 10:06 AM.
    h20work likes this.
    05-23-12 10:00 AM
    Awesome.
    05-23-12 10:18 AM
    I VOTE XSACHA FOR NEXT CRACKBERRY MEMBER OF THE MONTH!! first dukto and now this please please please keep up the good work !!
    05-23-12 10:27 AM
    Let me go get laptop started...

EDIT: So... Could you have a full app running inside that frame? This is awesome!
    Last edited by diegonei; 05-23-12 at 10:43 AM.
    05-23-12 10:36 AM
    It's a start and a well needed addition to the PlayBook gaming experience. For anyone that doesn't see the potential here, check this thread out.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...es-lol-725263/
    Last edited by axllebeer; 05-23-12 at 10:39 AM.
    05-23-12 10:36 AM
    OK, I found a way to toggle this feature ON and OFF during games!
    diegonei likes this.
    05-23-12 10:51 AM
    So, it means that during runtime of this app, all swipe event handlers do "nothing" (default actions like open menu/go to home-screen/switch app are overridden), right ?
    Anyway, this behaviour is good for games and educational apps (like course examination app for school/faculty)
    05-23-12 10:58 AM
    Yet another home run
    05-23-12 11:24 AM
    Added a second Proof of Concept app.
    Disables interactions (including bezel gestures, mouse and everything) in all third-party apps (eg. games).
    It is automatically on when you enter a third-party app in fullscreen. To toggle it on and off, press the power button on your Playbook once (so that screen turns off). Press it again to toggle it on.
    Dim-Ize likes this.
    05-23-12 12:30 PM
    Disables interactions (including bezel gestures, mouse and everything) in all third-party apps (eg. games).
    It is automatically on when you enter a third-party app in fullscreen. To toggle it on and off, press the power button on your Playbook once (so that screen turns off). Press it again to toggle it on.
    Xsacha,
    This is fantastic. So to turn it off press the power button one time to go into standby, and then use the swipe gesture to bring it out of standby? And then press the power button again to put the app back to active?
    05-23-12 12:32 PM
    Xsacha,
    This is fantastic. So to turn it off press the power button one time to go into standby, and then use the swipe gesture to bring it out of standby? And then press the power button again to put the app back to active?
    Doesn't matter how you come out of standby. Can press power again if you want.

Note that games aren't playable in proof of concept #2. It doesn't allow some touch events either.
    05-23-12 12:35 PM
    You sir, are not a coder. You're a full fledge, hardcore, to the bone, programmer.

EDIT: It's getting stuck on the browser hehe. I can't swite to get to the games pannel. But hen again, it proved it works. I can't get the keyboard up, not access bookmarks. Perfect for a e-lerning exam situation.
    Last edited by diegonei; 05-23-12 at 01:28 PM.
    05-23-12 12:58 PM
    Awesome! Thanks for all your hard work!
    05-23-12 01:12 PM
    xsacha, is it possible to keep screen alive when android app is running ?
    05-23-12 01:26 PM
    This is also good as a screen cleaning application. Run to lock the screen, shine with cloth, then unlock.
    PiotrJot likes this.
    05-23-12 01:38 PM
    This is also good as a screen cleaning application. Run to lock the screen, shine with cloth, then unlock.
    And I thought I was the only one to think of exactly the same way of using this tool ;-)))
    05-24-12 04:04 AM
    That's actually a really good idea.
    05-25-12 08:33 PM
    Sacha, you need to make this into a screen locking app, with a customizable key sequence using the volume and power buttons to unlock the screen.
    05-26-12 03:15 PM
    You're amazing! Thanks for the hard work. Looking forward to this evolving.
    05-26-12 11:57 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD