BlackBerry App World - Tungle.me for BlackBerry PlayBook
    Last edited by sf49ers; 05-17-11 at 07:42 PM.
    peter9477 likes this.
    05-17-11 01:53 PM
    Seems like you can only view the calender that was sync'd.

No edit functionality available.
    05-17-11 03:53 PM
    I'm have to check this out. Had not heard of tungle.me before. Anyone else using it? Good, bad or indifferent experiences?
    05-17-11 05:52 PM
    What intrigued me about this although I haven't tried it is that the company behind the app has recently been aquired by RIM.
    05-17-11 05:57 PM
    I wish they would change the name. After reading it about it yesterday, I walked around with this song in my head, inserting the name where appropriate. Almost drove me bonkers and now its back...

05-17-11 06:22 PM
    tried it back the end of April...the app needs a lot of work, not useful for my needs. Uninstalled it. Hope RIM's acquisition improves/influences the UI and functionality as it moves away from the cloud based version.
    05-17-11 07:34 PM
    Works for me as a basic calendar, its better then what we have now witch is nothing.
    05-17-11 08:08 PM
    as far as a basic calendar to just look up a date you do have one by clicking on the time on your playbook.
    05-17-11 08:11 PM
    It's a start... at least it syncs with my main calendar (Google Cal) and gives me offline, read-only access. I would imagine much more will come as things progress...
    05-17-11 10:23 PM
    i use google calendar. with google sync for bb, it automatically syncs with the bb native calendar on my torch and vis a vis via bridge to my pb. and with the vcal address it automatically syncs easily with my wife's ipad, my ipod touch and with mac ical.

it is easily the best option i have found so far.
    05-18-11 12:10 AM
    I'm wondering with all the posters that downloaded this app if it's worthwhile for them?

I get calendar on my bridge via my BB Torch which is also synchronized with my Outlook Calendar on my PC.

I don't have an issue using my calendar via my BB and since my BB is always connected to my PB since day one I don't miss any native emails or calendars etc. and I think even if PB had native email/calendar etc. I wouldn't be be using it. I don't foresee in the near future that I will be moving away from a BB phone so the bridge is perfect for me.

That being said I'm wondering if this Tungle app is as good as the video say, you know the ability to link your contacts, meetings, info and even provide you with traffic direction to meetings (the last part sounds interesting). It sounds like it could be a super app.

Have any of the posters used it throughly for the last little while and can you give me your impressions?

Much appreciated.

Thanks,
    05-22-11 01:43 PM
    I'm wondering with all the posters that downloaded this app if it's worthwhile for them?
    I downloaded it and have it synced to my Google calendar. I tried syncing it to my Outlook calendar at work, but couldn't as my IT dept is shall I say overly anal retentive and blocked it. We don't have BES so I access my Outlook work calendar on my BB through BIS and Astrasync.

There was a short thread on the Tungle discussion board about access to Outlook calendars through Outlook Web Access, but that feature is in beta and you had to email one of the employees for access. I am awaiting a response. I figure this would be the only way for me to access my work calendar. It that doesn't work then this app won't be worthwhile to me at all. However, having said that, it is a nice app.
    05-22-11 01:55 PM
    I downloaded it and have it synced to my Google calendar. I tried syncing it to my Outlook calendar at work, but couldn't as my IT dept is shall I say overly anal retentive and blocked it. We don't have BES so I access my Outlook work calendar on my BB through BIS and Astrasync.

There was a short thread on the Tungle discussion board about access to Outlook calendars through Outlook Web Access, but that feature is in beta and you had to email one of the employees for access. I am awaiting a response. I figure this would be the only way for me to access my work calendar. It that doesn't work then this app won't be worthwhile to me at all. However, having said that, it is a nice app.
    Hmm... thanks for the feedback. You're right it does look nice, but I use Outlook through BIS and I don't have to go through an IT dept. to do it, so I don't think syncing with my Outlook would be an issue but... I'm still undecided on the necessity of it... I haven't signed up for an account yet, so I guess I could bite the bullet and see if it works but I like simplicity in all my electronic stuff, i.e. I don't have to worry about syncing 2 different devices to my calendar... and not into messing with something that works for me right now.
    05-22-11 02:43 PM
    this works great! just needs to be able to be updated.

i have been looking for a way to sync my outlook without a bes/bis or exchange fee....

now, if the application will just be updated to allow for contacts...and then email!
    05-22-11 04:55 PM
    Works for me as a basic calendar, its better then what we have now witch is nothing.
    Or Spell checker! :>)
    05-22-11 06:38 PM
    this works great! just needs to be able to be updated.

i have been looking for a way to sync my outlook without a bes/bis or exchange fee....

now, if the application will just be updated to allow for contacts...and then email!
    Updated? Like how? If I have contacts on my Outlook it won't sync it??
    05-22-11 07:07 PM
    Works on BES if you have the rights to sync, it's handy as a back-up calendar should one not have your phone, but if i loose my blackberry all you hear is expletives all the way to the store to buy another, enterprise activation and i will stop my cussing. Otherwise my BB is always within reach. Crackberry is about right. Hopefully we'll fell the same addiction to PB eventually.
    05-22-11 07:43 PM
    Works on BES if you have the rights to sync, it's handy as a back-up calendar should one not have your phone, but if i loose my blackberry all you hear is expletives all the way to the store to buy another, enterprise activation and i will stop my cussing. Otherwise my BB is always within reach. Crackberry is about right. Hopefully we'll fell the same addiction to PB eventually.
    I'm like you... I've lost two BBs already and all anybody heard around me for a day and a half were swear words that even inspired my teen boys! LOL... and since everything is always backed up on my PC from my phone, maybe I don't really need this tungle app.

I'm anal for sure, but I do have a daytimer that I write everything in as well (habit that I still can't give up) so my daytimer is my third back up and which I don't have to worry about system failure!

Thank you for your view.
    05-22-11 07:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD