I read that Tunein Radio was specifically updated for the playbook but app world wont let me download it. Its listed as an "unavailable" app in app world. I use this app all the time on my other devices. Anyone know if you can load it via the web?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 10:16 PM
    I read that Tunein Radio was specifically updated for the playbook but app world wont let me download it. Its listed as an "unavailable" app in app world. I use this app all the time on my other devices. Anyone know if you can load it via the web?

Trying to install the application from the website directly does not work - you can an error message saying that your device is not supported. I wrote to TuneIn asking/requesting that they create an app for the Playbook. I would suggest doing the same to let them know that there is interest there.
    bubbarob1978 likes this.
    04-19-11 11:14 PM
    Ok, I will do the same..otherwise I have to stream the stations I listen to directly from their website and then I can't turn off the screen thus killing the battery life. I did read that version 3.0 was supposed to be Playbook ready..maybe they have not released it to RIM yet.
    04-19-11 11:56 PM
    Trying to install the application from the website directly does not work - you can an error message saying that your device is not supported. I wrote to TuneIn asking/requesting that they create an app for the Playbook. I would suggest doing the same to let them know that there is interest there.
    Good call. I'm surprised they haven't already - if anyone deserved a free Playbook it's Alex Gavrilov from TuneInRadio! It's an amazing app, and free on Blackberry (unlike ios). I'll take your advice and email him, I need my sports radio from the UK fix!
    04-20-11 12:36 AM
    Hi guys,

We had some unforeseen technical issues with the release so we pulled it back for a bit of retooling. We'll be re-issuing it very soon, and while I'm not personally sure of (or equipped to discuss) the exact issues, I know they're working hard on a fix and we should be able to push that replacement shortly. Sorry for all the confusion. Once it's released, if you're still having trouble, please email us at support@tunein.com with any questions or comments.

Thanks!

-Mike at TuneIn
    04-20-11 12:17 PM
    No problemo Mike, thanks for the update! We here at CB LOVE the product! Most of us have the BB version istalled already and look forward to the PB version!
    04-20-11 12:24 PM
    Hi guys,

We had some unforeseen technical issues with the release so we pulled it back for a bit of retooling. We'll be re-issuing it very soon, and while I'm not personally sure of (or equipped to discuss) the exact issues, I know they're working hard on a fix and we should be able to push that replacement shortly. Sorry for all the confusion. Once it's released, if you're still having trouble, please email us at support@tunein.com with any questions or comments.

Thanks!

-Mike at TuneIn

Great news, thank you for updating us. I am excited to hear it is coming.

04-20-11 12:41 PM
    No problemo Mike, thanks for the update! We here at CB LOVE the product! Most of us have the BB version istalled already and look forward to the PB version!
    What he said Thanks Mike
    04-20-11 02:35 PM
    What he said Thanks Mike
    I also want to say thank you! TuneIn Radio is one of my favourite, if not all time favourite apps on the Blackberry. Adding this onto the Playbook simply completes it in terms of accessing radio stations from around the world. Thank you for the update!
    04-20-11 04:29 PM
    Wow a real live app developer of an app that is well known (and loved by this poster) who RESPONDS right here on CB! Three cheers for TIR!
    04-20-11 04:34 PM
    If Mike from TuneIn is still around, I was wondering if you could answer the following questions:

Will TuneIN be able to override the absurd setting in the Playbook that puts it to sleep after 5 minutes of use? When streaming radio stations, currently, the Playbook will go to sleep after 5 minutes which makes it utterly useless to stream radio as you have to keep on swiping the screen in order to keep the station playing. Will TuneIN be able to override this so that it will always be streaming?

Second question, on the current version, you can set the program to automatically come on at a certain time with a certain radio station playing. Will this feature be included in the Playbook version?

Thanks
    04-21-11 11:52 PM
    Just bumping this thread. I love using Tunein on my drives into and home from work, and was wondering how far the company is at with its PlayBook app.
    05-04-11 08:53 PM
    The website itself has a good player that works well on the PB at TuneIn: Listen to Online Radio, Music and Talk Stations
    05-04-11 11:00 PM
    I also want to say thank you! TuneIn Radio is one of my favourite, if not all time favourite apps on the Blackberry. Adding this onto the Playbook simply completes it in terms of accessing radio stations from around the world. Thank you for the update!
    +1 TuneIn is the most used app on my BlackBerry!
    05-05-11 01:02 PM
    Hi guys,

We had some unforeseen technical issues with the release so we pulled it back for a bit of retooling.

Thanks!

-Mike at TuneIn
    Let me guess?...it shuts off every 5 minutes??
    05-05-11 04:03 PM
    The website works good! Another TuneIn employee advised me that for now our best option is the website TuneIn: Listen to Online Radio, Music and Talk Stations
    Brazen9000 likes this.
    05-05-11 04:11 PM
    The website works good! Another TuneIn employee advised me that for now our best option is the website TuneIn: Listen to Online Radio, Music and Talk Stations
    Hmm, I really hope that doesn't mean that there is a problem with having TuneIn work for the Playbook. This is easily one of my most wanted apps. I'll gladly pay for it as well as it is that good. I was hoping that the delay in getting it to work on the Playbook would be short - sadly, it looks like its going to be alot longer than I had hoped.
    05-07-11 02:05 PM
    Just bumping the thread in case anyone has anymore news or anyone from TuneIn can give an update as to how things are going - gee, can you tell I eagerly want this app!
    05-15-11 08:47 PM
    I really want this app as well...Tunein Radio rocks..
    05-15-11 11:24 PM
    It's a pretty easy thing for an app developer on the PB to create an option to override the auto sleep mode built into the playbook. There are some alarm clocks on BBW that have built this in. Unfortunately the browser isn't one of those apps that has this logic built into it : (
    05-16-11 01:15 AM
    With this app the PlayBook will almost fulfill all my needs.
    05-16-11 05:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD