....hmmm...awfully quiet in this thread....any news on TunIn for PB, or should we just give up?
    We will have to see what happens when the new V2.0 OS comes out and see if they release the app.
    12-19-11 12:30 PM
    Hello all.
    This is my first post on this forum. But I have to admit, and soon after purchasing the device is just the first thing I checked whether this application is also on the Playbook. But let's hope that along with the final version of the firmware application also appear.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9000 using Tapatalk
    12-19-11 01:33 PM
    You CAN use the TuneIn website in the meantime.
    12-19-11 02:00 PM
    Wow, now that is interesting. I think that it's a safe assumption that the new OS is not going to render existing apps obsolete so why would RIM do this? Weird. Regardless, cannot wait for OS v2.
    I'm not sure all APP's are safe to be honest. Why have RIM been sitting on app's for months and letting a select few dribble out?

I believe that TUNE-IN wasn't going to work on OS 2.0 in full or in part and RIM won't rubber stamp it.

Not sure if I can remember when the last non-ea-games premium app came out... perhaps this is to prevent a wave of complaints and demands of refunds.
    12-19-11 06:24 PM
    Perhaps along with the appearance of the final version of the os will be updated database wskoncu decoders which will result in greater support for other formats.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9000 using Tapatalk
    12-20-11 12:39 AM
    You CAN use the TuneIn website in the meantime.
    this work-around is limiting because of the lack of multi-tasking in the browser
    12-20-11 02:59 AM
    this work-around is limiting because of the lack of multi-tasking in the browser
    Just a open a different tab in your browser and the music remains playing in the background. Works for me.
    12-20-11 04:24 AM
    Last week I got in contact with the tunein guys asking if they are working on a playbook version.
    Sad answer is that they're currently NOT actively developing a PB app...

greets!
    chris
    02-18-12 05:53 AM
    Based on this thread they had an app ready in September of last year and RIM held it back pending their imminent OS upgrade.
    Thats panned out well.
    They're probably pissed they didn't get a free Playbook as well...
    02-18-12 06:27 AM
    I guess this never happened, right? the app never came back to AppWorld...
    02-20-12 04:37 PM
    That is correct - at least to date - there is no Tune In App for Playbook currently listed in App World.
    02-20-12 08:25 PM
    I'll put money on it that tune in radio either makes a native app or ports over the andrio one for playbook 2.0
    Last edited by quincar; 02-23-12 at 09:13 PM.
    02-20-12 11:17 PM
    I checked with TuneIn and they say that they are NOT working on a Playbook app and have NO plans to do so.

iHeartRadio, on the other hand, states that they are actively developing their app for the Playbook and to 'Stay Tuned!'

dd.
    02-22-12 09:53 AM
    Great news. I use this on my HD7. Now I get to listen to my favorate Jazz station(JazzFM) on my playbook.
    02-22-12 10:05 AM
    I checked with TuneIn and they say that they are NOT working on a Playbook app and have NO plans to do so.

iHeartRadio, on the other hand, states that they are actively developing their app for the Playbook and to 'Stay Tuned!'

dd.
    Good to see iHeartRadio planning a release. Iceberg Radio Iceberg Radio is also working on a Playbook app as well; the last comment from them that I received was that they were not sure if it was going to be native app or if they were going to port over their Android app that they are working on.

As for TuneIN; at this point I'm not surprised by them saying no. Oh well, guess that makes my decision for me as to whether I would purchase their pro version for my phone.
    02-22-12 11:30 AM
    Maybe some can download the Android App and convert it for the Playbook?
    02-22-12 04:32 PM
    I tried a converted TuneIn bar file. The file loaded but no stream worked.
    02-23-12 08:35 PM
    Just wanted to let everyone know. I dot an app called "Today's Alarm Clock" It is a free download. It comes with Iceberg Radio. I think this is a great app. You can set how long you want the radio to play if you are going to bed. It has it's preset stations and you can get your own. It has weather, traffic, and news with it also.
    02-26-12 10:34 AM
    I am new to the forums, and one of the first things I went looking for when I got my Playbook was a version of Tunein Radio. Sad to see it doesn't exist.

My only thought is that if enough people email them and ask about it, it could make some difference. They are likely assuming there is no demand for it.
    03-08-12 08:45 AM
    I am surprised TuneIn don't want to release a PB version. There is obviously lots of demand for it.

I too use TuneIn on my Bold and would have loved to have had it on the PB too as then all my presets would work.

At the moment I have a shortcut to the TuneIn website, but I'd prefer a native app and would be happy to pay for it.
    03-08-12 11:12 AM
    Maybe we should name this thread "Tunein radio is NOT coming to PB" ...unfortunately

Here is the email reply I just got from Tunein radio:

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding this issue. As we continue to improve our vast selection of products, we are not actively developing a Blackberry Playbook app. We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your continued support of TuneIn!

Sincerely,

Kyle
    TuneIn"
    03-08-12 02:53 PM
    Well that sucks,, so what they are saying is, Don't call me, I'll call you..
    Have been using it on my laptop for some time and like it .. but think I will just dump it and go to something else...good luck to them with this attitude...
    03-08-12 03:44 PM
    Why not just use the browser and go to TuneIn: Listen to Online Radio, Music and Talk Stations ?
    I've been using the website, same for pandora ... the apps have better, easier to use, user interfaces.
    03-08-12 05:49 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD