And I know this has been discussed before, but mention of it is rare for the Playbook:

Every handheld device I have ever owned that had the power behind it had a version of the Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator. Recently I noticed that modern devices (Android tablets/phones, iPad) has a truly incredible version of it. It is a port of an older version of course that is geared toward older devices (v0.36 I believe), but man, it runs like a dream. Even playing it on my Evo 3D is simply amazing. Pacmania, Neo-Geo games, the list goes on.

Now, the Playbook (in my opinion) is one of the most powerful devices out there in terms of horsepower and streamlined OS. I could only imagine how wonderfully Mame would run in the QNX environment if it were a dedicated app.

I tried converting the iMame4All android app to bar, and of course it did not work...not like I expected it to work. I wish I knew more about programming...if I did it would be ported already. The source is open and available, and I'm sure someone who knows some about this could make it happen. The selection menus, options, controls and the rest are pretty much done for both Android and IOS. Does someone with the knowledge want to take on the task?

The link for the current iMame4ALL for Android and IOS is here:

imame4all - MAME for ALL iOS and Android Devices. - Google Project Hosting

Source codes are of course available. I will personally donate $20 to anyone that can port this and make it exactly the way it is on the other OSes. Just a nudge to some dedicated and knowledgeable programmer out there I know it is a small amount (all I can afford with two kids!), but I am sure others would donate as well if I am mistaken?
    03-07-12 10:29 PM
    How about if someone just converted the .apk to a .bar?
    JumboFiles.com - Dedicated Hosting
    03-07-12 10:44 PM
    How about if someone just converted the .apk to a .bar?
    JumboFiles.com - Dedicated Hosting
    I already did this. The result is a crashing bar file
    03-07-12 10:50 PM
    Have a look at this:

Man, we even have the controls ready!
    03-08-12 08:34 AM