Hi Vancouverites,

Disclainer first - I have absolutely nothing to do with this app.

But you may be interested in a new app that appeared tonight called "Transit". It's a native app created by Andrew Tjia (not sure if this person is a member of crackberry), and it allows you to search for transit information in Vancouver.

You can search by bus stop location and the app will tell you when the next bus appears. You can also search by route information, i.e., type in the name "99 B Line" and it shows you all of the stops of the route. When you click on one of the stops, a google map pulls up showing the location of the stop.

All in all, I think this is a very handy app if your taking transit in Vancouver. And if the developer is on here - thanks; this is very helpful.

It's also free too.
    03-13-12 01:59 AM
    Wow! Very relevant for me. I will check it out. Thanks!
    03-13-12 02:01 AM
    Awesome! Thanks for letting us know!
    03-13-12 02:06 AM
    Boost this up for Vancouver! Hope to see this come to Toronto one day.
    03-13-12 02:15 AM
    Can't find it! Did a search and noting came up. Looked under Travel and found London subway stuff and even Toronto bus stuff. We here is this app? I looked in app world.
    03-13-12 02:40 AM
    Where is this app? I looked in app world. Searched app world, and nothing showed up. Looked at Travel and found other city's but no Vancouver.
    03-13-12 02:48 AM
    At least I'm not the only one!
    03-13-12 02:50 AM
    In App World, click on "apps", then click on "new arrivals". On my App World, its the 16th app listed in the New Arrivals section as of 11:59 pm.

The name of the app is "Transit" by Andrew Tjia. Version 1.0 (749 kb).

I hope that helps you find it.
    03-13-12 02:59 AM
    Oddly enough the search worked this time. Got it, thanks!
    03-13-12 03:09 AM
    Nope! Not on new arrivals! Still can't find it! Using Telus wifi in Vancouver.
    03-13-12 03:10 AM
    Does it have trip planning like on the translink website?
    03-13-12 03:19 AM
    It doesn't appear in New Arrivals for me either; but it does appear by searching AW for "transit".
    (However, there were at least 2 apps called just "Transit".)

If it helps anyone, the icon is a simple white capital letter T in a plain blue square.
    Last edited by elite1; 03-13-12 at 04:08 AM.
    03-13-12 04:05 AM
    Boost this up for Vancouver! Hope to see this come to Toronto one day.
    If you search "transit" in AW on your PB, one of the results should be an app called Toronto Transit Finder. Based on the reviews, it's been out since at least November.
    03-13-12 04:13 AM
    YEY for Vancouver Transit, but i cab everywhere, hah. But i do skytrain from burrhard to stadium to see canucks games!!
    03-13-12 04:56 AM
    Free Transit - Download Transit - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World

That link should take you there for those who were having problems finding it.
    03-13-12 10:42 AM
    Can't find it! The last time we were in Vancouver with took the bus, the skytrain and that boat to the north shore market. We were suppose to go in the Fall when SHE discovered he passport had expired! If it had been me, I would have been shot but ....

Anyone got a barcode link? I searched for Van.., transit - nothing shows up.

So, I scan and it says "not available for my device!" APPWORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oy, vey, CANADA ONLY!!!! You have got to be kidding me - afraid of terrorists!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, someone got hints on proxy - I want this damn app!
    Last edited by F2; 03-13-12 at 01:15 PM.
    03-13-12 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD