I first purchased a 16g playbook but have since obtained a 32g. There are several apps that I purchased on the 16g......how do I move them to my 32g? Blackberry Desktop Manager at present shows both playbooks (with two separate pins) under 'devices'....but I'm afraid when I remove the 16g playbook from the manager....my apps will go with it. How to I move them to my new playbook? Any help would be appreciated!
    El Cid likes this.
    12-20-11 03:34 PM
    appworld should have a record of apps you have purchased. from there you should have an option to reinstall after setting up your 32GB PB.
    El Cid likes this.
    12-20-11 03:42 PM
    Apps follow your BB Id, not your pin. Log into your new Playbook, type in your BB Id, go to App World and install your apps.
    El Cid likes this.
    12-20-11 04:04 PM
    As long as you use the same BBID for both PlayBooks, the same apps will appear in My World on both devices. Be aware that you can only specify the BBID when you set up your PB and you can't change it unless you do a security wipe first. After initializing your new PB with your current BBID, just go to the uninstalled list and install the apps as required.
    El Cid likes this.
    12-20-11 04:29 PM
    Be aware that you can only specify the BBID when you set up your PB and you can't change it unless you do a security wipe
    Regret, this is not necessary.

On the home screen go to the HELP icon
    > Blackberry appWorld
    > Update your Blackberry ID account information (follow link)
    > Sign In to Blackberry ID
    > After sign in: change USERNAME
    > Save

Do a power off/on re-set

The next time you go appWorld, MyWorld will show all apps associated with the applied USERNAME.
    Last edited by mandony; 12-20-11 at 05:13 PM.
    12-20-11 05:08 PM
    thanks very much all.............did it!
    12-20-11 05:11 PM
    Regret, this is not necessary.

On the home screen go to the HELP icon
    > Blackberry appWorld
    > Update your Blackberry ID account information (follow link)
    > Sign In to Blackberry ID
    > After sign in: change USERNAME
    > Save

Do a power off/on re-set

The next time you go appWorld, MyWorld will show all apps associated with the applied USERNAME.
    Thanks for this information - I didn't know this interface existed. My son lent me his bbid so I could test this out. He is currently using the id on his smart phone but he has no PlayBook. I keep getting the following error message when I attempt to change the username:

The username you have entered is already in use. please provide a new username and continue.

The screen name is selected, but no matter what I put in the field, the same error is displayed (about a problem with the username). So it appears that I can change the username to something else as long as there is not an existing active BBID with the same email address. Do you have any suggestions?
    si_chindo likes this.
    12-20-11 06:16 PM
    That's weird. If I'm understanding correctly, your saying that you can't use that BlackBerry ID because its already being used on a smartphone? If so, that definitely shouldn't be the case and must be some kind of error. Just make sure your using the same BBID, email, Username, password,etc. As long as they all are the same as your sons BBID info it should work. Unless I'm over tired and read that wrong.
    Last edited by bldshd; 12-20-11 at 08:30 PM.
    TommyZeeMan likes this.
    12-20-11 08:21 PM
    You can use the same BBID that you use on the phone.
    12-20-11 08:24 PM
    To use your sons BlackBerry I.D. The email, username, password, etc. All have to be the exact same as it is on your sons phone. Hope this helps
    Last edited by bldshd; 12-20-11 at 09:24 PM.
    12-20-11 08:35 PM
    instead of logging in on webpage you can also modify the username email on playbook. in controlpanel go to the blackberry id tab and hit the pencil/edit button
    12-20-11 09:17 PM
    instead of logging in on webpage you can also modify the username email on playbook. in controlpanel go to the blackberry id tab and hit the pencil/edit button
    Just went through this and ended up a lot wiser and with a LOT of lost time fixing it. The Playbook has your BBID tied to it during setup. You can NOT change it unless you do a full wipe back to factory default. The section of the Control Panel to log into a new BBID is as far as I could tell in the limited time I messed with it, left over from an earlier revision that allowed you to change your ID and is not functional in OS 1.08 or the beta of 2.0. The problem I had was that the email address I had as my original BBID (back quite a few years) had a real chance of becoming extinct. Thought - no sweat - just create a new BBID and all is well. Ok on the phones but NOT on the PB.

Anyway, to the OP if you want to set up your Playbook with a specific BBID it needs to be done in the initializing state. Bummer I know ... (mine is a 64GB that had 5000 songs and 20 movies on it, as well as some work stuff too).

Good luck with it,
    Misha
    12-21-11 02:29 AM
    You can backup Playbook applications using Desktop manager and restore on another Playbook.
    12-21-11 07:16 AM
    Here's what i just did today to switch from a 16G version to a 64G version:
    - make sure you have a pretty good wi-fi spot around you
    - wake up the 64G with your current BlackBerry ID (DO NOT change your BB ID);it will look to the latest playbook OS version (current release is v. 1.08 something,right?)
    - connect your 64G Playbook to your BBerry Desktop software on a PC (or netbook) in order to grab the software update (it will first look if the playbook is to the latest 1.08 version)
    - go and register to the RIM site to ask for OS2 beta version:
    https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/...et20/register/
    - DO NOT disconnect your playbook from the PC or netbook
    - wait,let say 5 minutes or less,the BBerry Desktop software will advise you if you want to upgrade to the OS2.0 beta version .
    - There it goes you can then upgrade to OS 2.0 version (duration about 35 minutes or more to install - depending of your wi-fi)
    - when OS 2....71111 is ok,go to the appworld
    - you'll have a notification saying you want to associate your account with the new playbook pin ==> you say Yes,OK,please,agree,...Don't say no!! ;'-)
    - Then go to MyWorld --> uninstalled app (i don't know the exact term as i'm French and just trying some English words!! <<---if somebody has a problem with that,i'm just waiting the next Rugby match!! We'll not only have beers,well... hem,let's have Beers)
    - And oh,Magie,magnificence All your installed apps in the other 16G Playbook are staying there just waiting your fingers to reinstall.
    - The bad news is that you'll have to go with a boring process one by one app reinstallation
    - Last step: Don't forget all your ebooks and media files! usb connection is your friend! and that's it!
    Remark:sometimes,you'll have to go out of and in the AppWorld depending of how many apps you have (i had 14G of these!) it happened to me,maybe because of my wifi connectivity,i don't know.

hope this help
    02-03-12 11:12 AM
    Don't forget the music files you have with your 7digital account they are also waiting for reinstallation into the music store unless you do a sync with your PC where you have group all of them....

Enjoy...life is short
    02-03-12 11:18 AM
    when downloading your previously purchased apps onto your new 64gb playbook, is there a way to keep your progress in those games?
    i'd hate to start from scratch in angry birds and asphalt 6.
    02-09-12 10:00 AM
    Backup your old PlayBook using Desktop Software. Plug the new PlayBook to Desktop Software AFTER you've loaded all apps, restore backup.

That should do it.
    drummer_god and wet_coast like this.
    02-09-12 10:10 AM
    i just did what you said and it worked like a charm!
    my new 32gb playbook is exactly the same as my 16gb playbook.
    thanks alot!
    now i just need to wipe the 16gb PB and restore it back to the way it was out of the box. gonna give it to my mother-in-law.
    02-09-12 08:09 PM
    Backup your old PlayBook using Desktop Software. Plug the new PlayBook to Desktop Software AFTER you've loaded all apps, restore backup.

That should do it.
    worked like a charm! thanks
    02-11-12 01:10 PM
    I have older versions of some apps on my 16 GB that when I try to reinstall on my 64 GB, AppWorld wants me to pay for an upgrade or pay the current price if I previously got it for free. Any way to install the old version? Can I backup/restore individual apps with DM?

Thanks!
    02-20-12 09:46 PM
    I installed navigator on my Z10, but decided I would rather have it on my playbook, so I tried to uninstall and reinstall on my playbook, but they want me to pey 6.99 again. Any way to get it to install on PB without having to buy it again?
    04-13-13 01:08 PM
    Unless the Developer offers the app for both platforms at one price, I think two purchases may be necessary. In this case, the app might be coded differently since the z10 and pb use somewhat different OS's.
    04-13-13 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD