Why are there no Torrent clients for the playbook? Will any ever be created?? Anyone know a reliable torrent dl for the Playbook?

Thanks!!
    10-04-12 12:46 PM
    What about 'PlayTorrent' is that still available?

Search on Google, you should be able to find the .bar file.
    10-04-12 12:52 PM
    I'll give that a try, Thanks!
    10-04-12 12:55 PM
    I don't think RIM likes the idea of Torrents. The dev of PlayTorrent was on here and stated that it was rejected from AppWorld because of this.

I hope I am remembering that correctly. Swarm is another good client, I paid for it when I had an android phone, so I am assuming it isn't suppose to be free, but it can be found that way.
    10-04-12 12:57 PM
    I don't think RIM likes the idea of Torrents. The dev of PlayTorrent was on here and stated that it was rejected from AppWorld because of this.

I hope I am remembering that correctly. Swarm is another good client, I paid for it when I had an android phone, so I am assuming it isn't suppose to be free, but it can be found that way.
    Don't bother with Swarm on the PB. There's some sort of file I/O issue that causes it to write corrupted images to the PB's local storage. I've been working with the developer in an effort to get the issue resolved. He's a nice guy and went so far as to buy a PB in an effort to formally port the app and correct the issue. However, as of my last check, the problem remains and the developer has been too busy to explore it further, so... :-(

RCK

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk 2
    Eskibo, balding1 and rkonert like this.
    10-04-12 02:03 PM
    Unless you have nothing better than waiting for a torrent to download they all s*ck in my opinion on PB.
    10-04-12 02:10 PM
    Don't bother with Swarm on the PB. There's some sort of file I/O issue that causes it to write corrupted images to the PB's local storage. I've been working with the developer in an effort to get the issue resolved. He's a nice guy and went so far as to buy a PB in an effort to formally port the app and correct the issue. However, as of my last check, the problem remains and the developer has been too busy to explore it further, so... :-(
    Swarm worked fine for me on .840 beta. Have not tried since .1032
    10-05-12 11:19 AM
    I'm not sure how good it is but there's a utorrent app that can be sideloaded.
    10-05-12 08:43 PM
    I'll try uTorrent. PlayTorrent works well in every sense Except that it downloads at 2-3kb/second... Took a full day to do a ebook. On the same connection on my desktop, it took about 10seconds.. Any idea why this would be?
    10-09-12 09:48 AM
    download the torrents on your pc, then just convert the format to blackberry file format. to convert a movie for blackberry, you have to use HANDBRAKE....
    10-25-12 06:27 PM
    Native torrent APP: Playtorrent
    10-26-12 03:24 AM
    For me, PlayTorrent worked well for files below a certain size. I think below 2GB. Larger than that, it just didn't download
    10-27-12 08:27 AM
    When a torrent for playbook,
    even if it`s cannot download music
    or video, y don�t care, y need it`s
    For pdf and xps,

He! Out there are legitimate
    Use for torrent like homework
    And this is very lame to borrow
    a friend ipad just to av it`s

Next year y got a ipad and ****
    The playbook, y cannot even obtain
    My homework whit this ****,

395$ for noting, absolutely noting a paper weight.
    01-24-13 11:19 PM
    Sideload aTorrent, works.perfect for me.
    01-24-13 11:29 PM
    Try the android 'Atorrent'. It works fine, avarage download speed is 700kb/s+
    01-25-13 12:14 AM
    Next year y got a ipad and ****
    The playbook, y cannot even obtain
    My homework whit this ****,

395$ for noting, absolutely noting a paper weight.
    I can buy your **** for cheap if you hate it that much.
    jeroen_13 and Blackman91 like this.
    01-25-13 12:22 PM
    how can i download torrent in playbook
    12-20-13 10:05 AM
    Anyone has a link to the last working bar file of atorrent for the playbook? The one I am using is too slow now and the one in goodereader doesnt work on the playbook. any suggestions? Also playtorrent doest download anything at all.
    03-01-15 03:36 AM
    Ok I found an android torrent app that works on the playbook and it is faster than the working atorrent!!
    https://db.tt/hr3U7JuG
    03-03-15 06:07 PM
    Ok I found an android torrent app that works on the playbook and it is faster than the working atorrent!!
    https://db.tt/hr3U7JuG
    I'll try your link when I get home. Thanks for the link too. Always makes life easier when it's a simple click.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 03:34 PM