06-04-12 06:55 PM
29 12
tools
    No offense but this thread is so playbook detrimental. Yeah a droid app on my playbook. If I wanted droid I'd of got a droid tablet. Its like the os2 warp people rejoicing running win 311 apps. Keep the playbook pure and get all the droid folders off my playbook. Oh well least yall are using playbookS lol. I hope future updates don't make the playbook more droid like
    06-04-12 04:00 PM
    I would still wonder what one would need to do to port their Android app to work natively on the Playbook (without having to port code from an iOS verison).
    06-04-12 06:50 PM
    I would still wonder what one would need to do to port their Android app to work natively on the Playbook (without having to port code from an iOS verison).
    That all depends on what language the source is in... There are many options available to dev's from RIM...
    06-04-12 06:53 PM
    What Android Apps are you running on the beta release without root.
    Could you be more precise with the "root" question? Actually the Android runtime has it's own root account that it uses but does not have root inside of the QNX OS...

Edit: And I should also have been more clear by pointing out the ability to sideload converted Android apps without the need of root...
    Last edited by ayekon; 06-04-12 at 06:58 PM.
    06-04-12 06:55 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD