It really is to bad that RIM has not gotten things worked out so that we could use the App world while bridges to our phones. Can't count how many times I have come to this forum, saw a "new program" I wanted to download, only to find out that I have to wait till I get someplace that has wifi to download it.

Here's to hoping that one day we can use the bridge in ways that could only make other tech users green with envy.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    ast_ph likes this.
    05-27-12 10:20 PM
    Wireless hotspot can be used to access App World
    05-27-12 10:30 PM
    I'm sure the technology is there but I've heard people cite the data plans as the reason it hasn't been released to the public.
    05-27-12 10:32 PM
    It really is to bad that RIM has not gotten things worked out so that we could use the App world while bridges to our phones. Can't count how many times I have come to this forum, saw a "new program" I wanted to download, only to find out that I have to wait till I get someplace that has wifi to download it.

Here's to hoping that one day we can use the bridge in ways that could only make other tech users green with envy.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    It's done intentionally,

Podcasts and the Music store both work on Bridge.

I think Apple still has the same rule in place, over 10 MB or so and it has to be done over WiFi (Not sure if they increased that limit yet)
    05-27-12 10:33 PM
    considering my data plan only gives me 500mb per month a 1 gb gameloft game would cost me oh around 50bucks to download. Thank god its disabled.
    05-27-12 10:45 PM
    But there's a ton of apps that is just 1-3 MB, nothing wrong with using Bridge for that.
    05-27-12 10:56 PM
    But there's a ton of apps that is just 1-3 MB, nothing wrong with using Bridge for that.
    That's right, see its like I have unlimited data on Verizon, I don't see why I can't have Bridge be just like wifi.
    05-27-12 11:09 PM
    If you want to download while out and about, just turn on hotspot or tethering.
    05-27-12 11:19 PM
    It's the same story when you tether over bluetooth to a non-RIM handset.

Unfortunately, my Nokia N9's WiFi hotspot feature only supports ad hoc mode. The Playbook only connects to infrastructure WiFi connections, so I have to use Bluetooth.

All of that to say... I hope RIM removes all of the current restrictions present when connected over Bridge/Bluetooth.
    05-27-12 11:20 PM
    It has been said before, while bridge, ur IP will be shown as US/Canada.
    Not only the size of the apps that prevent Bridge to be used in App World, but also some apps are region specific. I know they should have some way to show the real IP of the user, but I don't know why they didn't want it.
    05-28-12 04:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD