So I went through my app list yesterday and realised how many awesome apps I make use of every day which I had not yet left a review for.

I know the developers appreciate it and the good ones definitely read every single one of them so they know how they can improve their apps.

So common guys, go in to App World and leave a helpful review for all the apps you have used and appreciate.

Remember and appreciate the developers time and effort for the app you are reviewing.

Update:
    I forgot about this but there is also a little 'Support' button on the top right corner of an app's page - use this to request features and/or report bugs directly to the developer(s)! Leaving bug reports and feature requests in the reviews could potentially confuse future customers!
    Last edited by emtunc; 05-02-12 at 02:09 PM.
    05-02-12 03:04 AM
    Are we still locked in to one review per app even after that app has been updated? Honestly i try to wait for my favorite apps to get a few updates to improve on bugs and such before i write a review in app world. Their has been a time or two where just outta pure frustration that i have left a bad review for a new app. Mainly it was those awful apps that were released when the Playbook was too.
    05-02-12 03:17 AM
    Are we still locked in to one review per app even after that app has been updated? Honestly i try to wait for my favorite apps to get a few updates to improve on bugs and such before i write a review in app world. Their has been a time or two where just outta pure frustration that i have left a bad review for a new app. Mainly it was those awful apps that were released when the Playbook was too.
    I did exactly that too!
    I waited for an app to get the update I wanted or asked for first before leaving a review

Perhaps RIM needs to change the review policy in that sense? Allow users to leave more than one review as long as the app revision number has changed?
    nazreil25 likes this.
    05-02-12 03:21 AM
    That could get messy and confusing if a lot of people did it, I think they should let you edit your previous comment to add a new part and it specifically says "updated as of ___ version".

Or just completely overwrite your previous comment because really if you're leaving a new one the old one is kind of redundant.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    05-02-12 05:57 AM
    I did exactly that too!
    I waited for an app to get the update I wanted or asked for first before leaving a review

Perhaps RIM needs to change the review policy in that sense? Allow users to leave more than one review as long as the app revision number has changed?
    There are many threads in this forum about the various weaknesses in the review process. As a developer, I really appreciate the OP's intent to reward developers with a kind review if it is deserved. But also remember that there is a support email address that should be used to get help with problems and to make suggestions about how to improve our apps.

You may be surprised how many times the idea you have in mind has already been implemented or is on my extensive to-do list. Also remember that there is very often a workaround for that pesky problem that you may have encountered. If you include your feature request or bug report in a review then you have wasted your opportunity to be helpful (and may have inadvertently given subsequent customers false or misleading information).

So I would be very pleased if the OP could revise the post to reflect a more nuanced approach so that your one shot at complimenting a worthy developer is not wasted - first, open a two-way communication link with the developer. and afterward compose a truly helpful review.
    Sith_Apprentice and emtunc like this.
    05-02-12 06:19 AM
    I always give an app a review the first or second day.
    There's only 2 apps for the Playbook I gave a bad Review to out of 40 something and they are from the same dev. I do understand if its some bugs updates can fix that an u should email the dev first. Some apps are just horrible and Elusive-Minds Development is the King.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    05-02-12 08:42 AM
    I normally give good reviews to my favorite app, but I can't find my comments after 2 days. It gets deleted, don't know why. Since its not very important I never bothered to complain about it.

Edit: its better we don't give app developers bad reviews, first email them incase they don't respond then give them a bad review.
    Example Herocraft game farm frenzy is getting a lot of bad reviews these days, but it's not because the game sucks its because the android player won't work for few people.
    Last edited by LimeTripBlog; 05-02-12 at 09:01 AM.
    BuzzStarField likes this.
    05-02-12 08:55 AM
    I normally give good reviews to my favorite app, but I can't find my comments after 2 days. It gets deleted, don't know why. Since its not very important I never bothered to complain about it.
    I have noticed that my reviews often get scrambled and recent reviews get shuffled randomly to the bottom of the deck. The mess straightens itself out from time-to-time but it is very unpredictable.
    05-02-12 01:04 PM
    You may be surprised how many times the idea you have in mind has already been implemented or is on my extensive to-do list. Also remember that there is very often a workaround for that pesky problem that you may have encountered. If you include your feature request or bug report in a review then you have wasted your opportunity to be helpful (and may have inadvertently given subsequent customers false or misleading information).

So I would be very pleased if the OP could revise the post to reflect a more nuanced approach so that your one shot at complimenting a worthy developer is not wasted - first, open a two-way communication link with the developer. and afterward compose a truly helpful review.
    Updated OP - I totally forgot about the support link offered in app description pages!

I'm going to tweet Alec now (not sure if he's the right person but he's usually good at getting back) about getting the reviews process changed to accept more than 1 review per customer.
    To stop potential abuse of this, maybe only allow another review when a major release is published... e.g., from 1.0 to 2.0.
    BuzzStarField likes this.
    05-02-12 02:14 PM
    A good post idea indeed - I like this thread. I realised as I finished writing the first draft of my app recently [/shameless plug] thatr I'd been a lazy consumer. I spent quite some time going through my install list and leaving the reviews I should have left on download.

As a user, I think that there is plenty of room for improvement in the review process, but there's no review for App World itself!
    05-02-12 04:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD