I am.
    These are not apps, they are ebooks.

There seems to be one major offender - Digi-Media-Apps, clogging up the new app section with books.

This company is unfairly using appworld as it's own personal ebook store.
    Not only is this annoying - it is unfair to other developers to hog the entire "new" section.

I wish RIM would not allow this, please email complaints to Alec or whoever is responsible for app world? Anyone have his email handy? But in the meantime please voice your complaint and suggest another centralized means of marketing their books.

[email protected]
    Digi-Media-Apps - Quality books for your Android and WP7 phones

Not buying the books in app world to discourage this would be helpful as well.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-02-11 at 11:35 AM.
    11-02-11 11:33 AM
    11-02-11 11:39 AM
    Signed. That drives me nuts. It clogs up the new additions tab really bad. I don't need moby ****, damn you!!
    11-02-11 11:47 AM
    Perhaps RIM tolerates these book apps because they artificially pump up the app count, which in turn helps marketing. Look how fast the App World is growing! The developer conference is a success!
    11-02-11 11:49 AM
    Yeah it's annoying, but in the realm of apps the sheeple have spoken. It's all about the quantity.

How else is RIM suppose to catch up to the hundreds of thousands of apps that their competitors have?
    11-02-11 11:53 AM
    YES omg I have b*tched and complained about this forever. Not only that their ebooks look like crap. Ebooks shouldn't even be sold in the app store they should have their seperate store like how apple as the Bookstore.
    jl_06 likes this.
    11-02-11 11:59 AM
    +1 on all this.
    11-02-11 12:06 PM
    I am.

There seems to be one major offender - Digi-Media-Apps, clogging up the new app section with books.

Not only is this annoying - it is unfair to other developers to hog the entire "new" section.

I wish RIM would not allow this, please email complaints to Alec or whoever is responsible for app world? Anyone have his email handy? But in the meantime please voice your complaint and suggest another centralized means of marketing their books.

[email protected]

Alec Saunders, VP of Dev Relations: [email protected]
    MrBugMan likes this.
    11-02-11 12:28 PM
    agreed! feel like we buying our ebook or comic from app world instead of an ebook library.( just my 2 cents)
    11-02-11 12:51 PM
    I have downloaded excellent books that I otherwise wouldn't have ever seen, although a separate "Bookstore" would be awesome.
    11-02-11 12:54 PM
    Other malicious trend I am observing are this companies placing commercial advertissement as if the were apps example: ( Pro Obra, Evcon Telecomunications ... etc )
    11-02-11 01:01 PM
    Blackjack:

I agree with you!!! One of us is obviously wrong!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-02-11 01:21 PM
    I agree. Move em outta there. And to stretch my 2 cents a bit further nothing ruins a good ebook quicker than a poor e-reader.....
    11-02-11 01:24 PM
    I am.

The real app developers should complain to RIM and threaten to stop making apps for the PB until this practice is stopped.

RIM wants good apps for the PB, so the developers have some power to influence RIMs behavior.

I have completely stopped going to the app store, because it's terrible to use (search is pretty much useless unless you type in exactly what is listed, else often you get no results) and cluttered with useless cr*p.

I am not going on there anymore, so the real developers lose money because I am not seeing their apps anymore. I sometimes go there now to download specific applications that have been recommended or discussed here on the forums, but I don't ever browse the app store anymore.

The real PB developers should unite and demand that RIM changes their policy for allowing books as apps. I seems like RIM doesn't listen to the many people here on the forums that have complained about this.

In the end, RIM is hurting themselves because the impression that is given through the app store is that there is nothing worthwhile in the store, just books and more books.
    pattste, kbz1960, MrBugMan and 1 others like this.
    11-02-11 04:13 PM
    The real app developers should complain to RIM and threaten to stop making apps for the PB until this practice is stopped.

RIM wants good apps for the PB, so the developers have some power to influence RIMs behavior.

I have completely stopped going to the app store, because it's terrible to use (search is pretty much useless unless you type in exactly what is listed, else often you get no results) and cluttered with useless cr*p.

I am not going on there anymore, so the real developers lose money because I am not seeing their apps anymore. I sometimes go there now to download specific applications that have been recommended or discussed here on the forums, but I don't ever browse the app store anymore.

The real PB developers should unite and demand that RIM changes their policy for allowing books as apps. I seems like RIM doesn't listen to the many people here on the forums that have complained about this.

In the end, RIM is hurting themselves because the impression that is given through the app store is that there is nothing worthwhile in the store, just books and more books.
    Excellent points. Could you please copy and paste these over on the Playbook Community thread at BB Beta Zone? Cheers!
    sllock likes this.
    11-02-11 04:53 PM
    It also makes the BB PB app world look really dumbed down putting off potential purchasers... D'oh wish I had a proper look at the app store before buying a PB.

The stink is, that the said company are wrapping up books for the most part that are free anyway!

No one is at the helm at RIM at all with a clear marketing vision.
    11-02-11 05:11 PM
    I contacted Alec Saunders.
    He replied back that they are aware of the problem, have been discussing it, and are planning some changes. What, exactly, those changes will be he did not expand on.
    11-02-11 05:33 PM
    I am.

[email protected]

They call it a playbook for a reason lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-11 07:20 PM
    already been discussed to a ton on pb discussion in betazone. Doesn't look like they are going to do anything about it. Appworld looks bad to begin with, those ebooks make it look worse.
    11-02-11 07:43 PM
    Clogging appworld isn't the worse part..the worse part from what I have read is that these ebooks are actually free and this company is charging money for them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-11 08:41 PM
    Excellent points. Could you please copy and paste these over on the Playbook Community thread at BB Beta Zone? Cheers!
    There is already a thread in the beta zone about this. RIM did not respond.
    11-02-11 09:04 PM
    I contacted Alec Saunders.
    He replied back that they are aware of the problem, have been discussing it, and are planning some changes. What, exactly, those changes will be he did not expand on.
    Why is it that RIM always takes forever to address simple problems? Why not ban this developer until they've implemented a solution? The solution could be as simple as a separate section for repackaged ebooks (if they accept them at all) and these books should not be listed in the Top 25 lists. Problem solved and everybody's happy.
    11-02-11 09:07 PM
    I agree. Move em outta there. And to stretch my 2 cents a bit further nothing ruins a good ebook quicker than a poor e-reader.....
    Might I suggest you try Book Reader from the BlackBerry PlayBook App World? This is definitely one of those applications worth many times the bargain price the developer has put on Book Reader.
    11-03-11 08:44 AM
    Might I suggest you try Book Reader from the BlackBerry PlayBook App World? This is definitely one of those applications worth many times the bargain price the developer has put on Book Reader.
    Actually I already have it. Point I was trying to make is that these book "apps" as far as reading is concerned suck.
    11-03-11 02:00 PM
    Has anyone within earshot actually purchased any of these? How do they work - merely page-by-page or can you change aspects of font, background color, orientation? So they keep bookmarks, annotations? Features?
    11-03-11 03:45 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD