★ Thumbnail list for multi-page images
    ★ Landscape and portrait orientation
    ★ Zoom to: page width, full page or max resolution
    ★ Tap image to go full screen and back
    ★ Custom file browser
    ★ Handles color correction
    ★ Handles compression
    ★ Follows TIFF 5.0 and 6.0 specs

TIFF stands for Tag Image File Format, and is widely used for faxes, scans, in scientific publications, by patent organisations and in many other situations.

Get it here
    lwaysluking and braindigger like this.
    03-02-12 07:00 PM
    Cool... Way to go with your marathon app dev!
    Will an attached TIFF in email pull up this app?
    Thanks for this!
    03-02-12 08:52 PM
    Will an attached TIFF in email pull up this app?
    You'll need to save it as a file first, then open it from the app. The PlayBook has no mechanism for associating 3rd party apps with file types/extensions.
    03-03-12 03:18 AM
    The link to appWorld says

APP IS NOT SUPPORTED BY YOUR DEVICE
    03-03-12 08:47 AM
    I just bought this app since my pdf conversion of these files sucks, but as I try open the file the app closes.

What gives?
    03-03-12 09:29 PM
    Type "image viewer" in appWorld and it'll be the first app on the list.
    03-03-12 10:07 PM
    The link to appWorld says

APP IS NOT SUPPORTED BY YOUR DEVICE
    The app requires OS 2.0.
    03-04-12 10:40 AM
    I just bought this app since my pdf conversion of these files sucks, but as I try open the file the app closes. What gives?
    That shouldn't happen! Do you have a .tif file you could send me so I can troubleshoot the problem? E-mail at bb.support (at) innovatology.nl.
    03-04-12 10:42 AM
    I just bought this app since my pdf conversion of these files sucks, but as I try open the file the app closes.
    Thanks for sending us the file Tim.

The problem is that the file contains 10 huge images of 13.200 x 10.200 pixels each. Once decompressed, every image would take up half a gigabyte, 513 MB of memory. The PlayBook has "only" 1000 MB of working memory, of which typically 400-500 MB is free. So there is no way to load even one image into memory to scale it down to reasonable proportions.

That said, the app should not just exit but should at least display a meaningful error message. We'll try to get that into the first update.

We'll also investigate methods of scaling down such huge images in tiles (chunks) instead of in one go, but that may be a bit more complicated.

Stay tuned!
    03-04-12 09:07 PM
    Question. How do you rotate images in the program? Sometimes my faxes come in upside down. On my phone I can rotate the image, but I can't figure out how to do this on tiffer.... Thanks for your help.
    03-11-12 08:35 PM
    There is no option to do that yet, but I'll put it on the to-do list. You could, of course, lock the orientation of your PlayBook and rotate the device...
    03-11-12 08:42 PM
    I'll check it out!
    03-12-12 07:56 AM
    thank you for providing such good tiff image viewer. it is really good for me to load and open tiff for reading and processing. especially it is so easy on the phone.
    11-17-13 09:00 PM

What gives?
    You should try this PDF converter, supports converting PDF to TIFF, PNG, JPEG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, etc. Works like charm for me!
    05-04-14 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD