Does anyone know if there is a way to remove a comment or edit a comment or post a new comment onto the App World once a comment has already been posted?

I've seen a number of apps, when they originally came out, be racked over the coals by problems with the apps that have now been corrected thanks to updates. It would be nice to be able to repost a comment on the updated app so that people can see that changes have occurred.
    07-14-11 11:48 AM
    Currently there is no way to update a comment. As a developer, I really wish that you could change your comments if you thought it was appropriate to do so. Especially after I have pushed a new release that added the "missing" feature or fixed the bug. I've heard that RIM is thinking about changing the process to make it a little bit more meaningful - but it's only a rumour.

Edit.
    There is a sort of adjudication process available in cases where a comment is proven to be inappropriate. You can contact the developer and ask him/her to request that the review be denied due to customer request. But even so, there is no way to post a new review - only one is allowed per purchaser.
    Last edited by BuzzStarField; 07-14-11 at 12:26 PM.
    07-14-11 12:12 PM
    I think that is pattently unfair to developers if there is no mechanism by which a review could be edited or updated. It actually has made me think twice about posting a review as I dont like the fact that my comments no longer reflect the true nature of the app.

As an example, the recently updated Hearts game, I had commented in the original version that the cards move to fast making it difficult to detect which player is playing the cards. This has now been fixed in the new update whereby the user can adjust the speed of the cards. My comment is no longer relevant and, pesonally, I feel is unfair to the developer which could negatively effected people purchasing the app. I want to edit my comment indicating that its been updated.

I'll take the advice and ask the developer to request a removal of my comment as I feel strongly about this. But I really hope that RIM releases an update that would allow users to adjust their posts as the current system seems blatantly unfair to developers.

@BuzzStarField - I'm not sure if you'd be interested in letting people know, but I have always been curious as to how much money you've been able to make with your apps. Basically, has it been worth your time and effort in creating the apps?
    07-14-11 12:52 PM
    @BuzzStarField - I'm not sure if you'd be interested in letting people know, but I have always been curious as to how much money you've been able to make with your apps. Basically, has it been worth your time and effort in creating the apps?
    I would guess than I am doing somewhat better than the average. I am the third place app in my category. My app sold really well in the first week after it was released. I dared to have high hopes that it would be a financial success but, alas, for two weeks running now, I have been averaging a dozen or so sales per day. You can do the arithmetic.

So, the short answer to your direct question is as follows: It has definitely been worth my time and effort in creating both my free and paid versions. But I can not and do not measure my self-satisfaction in terms of money.

I can also say that the tone of some of the commentary is some of these threads bothers me just a little tiny bit. I wish that some of you would think before tarring all developers with the same brush.
    07-14-11 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD