I would love to buy a playbook. For me to buy a playbook, there is one thing I need the machine to be able to do. I would like to know:
    A. Can the playbook currently do this?
    B. Can it be done in the future?

I would like to have an app that syncs (bridge) with my bb bold while I am on the phone that will record certain information and allow me to take notes during the call.
    So, a customer calls me,
    1. I pick up my phone
    2. I open my playbook
    3. With 1 key press I open a note taking app/call notes page.
    4. While talking on the phone, I take vital information notes on the playbook
    5. While I am taking notes, the bridge is collecting phone call info. (Phone number, date&time, name on caller, possibly record call)
    6. After call, have multiple ways to access the call note. (Date look up, pre selected folder, search)

So my question is, does the playbook currently have this ability? Or can it be done?
    02-13-12 08:32 AM
    Currently the only interaction the PB has w/ the phone is a pop-up that shows callerID information, and allows you to silence the ringer on your phone. So no, currently does not have this ability.

CallerID information is definitely getting over to the PlayBook through bridge, so at least capturing that adding a timestamp and opening a note doesn't seem too far fetched. I don't know if any of that is accessible to developers to code that, but seems feasible.

I think the only part that sounds like it wouldn't happen is being able to record the call. If for no other reason than laws governing that vary so much that it would be difficult to write in a way that wouldn't break laws.
    02-13-12 09:25 AM
    Thank you linux for the info.

I guess a follow up question would then be, if there is anyone who would be available to build such a function for me? If it can be done for a relativly fair price, I would be interested in having such an app built.
    If people know of a place I can look to find someone with such availabilty and ability, I would like to look into having such an app.
    02-13-12 09:34 AM
    I would love to buy a playbook. For me to buy a playbook, there is one thing I need the machine to be able to do. I would like to know:
    A. Can the playbook currently do this?
    B. Can it be done in the future?

I would like to have an app that syncs (bridge) with my bb bold while I am on the phone that will record certain information and allow me to take notes during the call.
    So, a customer calls me,
    1. I pick up my phone
    2. I open my playbook
    3. With 1 key press I open a note taking app/call notes page.
    4. While talking on the phone, I take vital information notes on the playbook
    5. While I am taking notes, the bridge is collecting phone call info. (Phone number, date&time, name on caller, possibly record call)
    6. After call, have multiple ways to access the call note. (Date look up, pre selected folder, search)

So my question is, does the playbook currently have this ability? Or can it be done?
    While I'm not aware of an app that currently exists that will do everything you need above (I.e. Automated call logging), there is an app that I use quite frequently that performs most of the functions you listed. The app is called GroovyNotes and is basically an electronic Franklin planner on steroids. It tracks notes, appointments, travel, etc and records/stores audio (and possibly video) files.
    02-13-12 09:35 AM
    Thank you linux for the info.

I guess a follow up question would then be, if there is anyone who would be available to build such a function for me? If it can be done for a relativly fair price, I would be interested in having such an app built.
    If people know of a place I can look to find someone with such availabilty and ability, I would like to look into having such an app.
    The call recording feature is not so important to me.
    02-13-12 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD