Looking for a good file manager for my Playbook. Wondering if there is one that has been voted better than the others??

Thanks for any input.
    Last edited by b147082; 11-06-11 at 12:13 PM.
    11-06-11 11:37 AM
    Astro or ES File Manager are best (in Android Player) imo.
    b147082 likes this.
    11-06-11 11:39 AM
    File Browser and Files & Folders are both good. imo Files & Folders has better features like the dropbox and google docs support, but I prefer the UI on File Browser... my 2p.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    b147082, dosto, robtanz and 2 others like this.
    11-06-11 01:03 PM
    I grabbed both as well because they are cheap and some AIR File Browser as well. All work great. Files and Folders seems to get the most updates.
    b147082 and Innovatology like this.
    11-06-11 01:46 PM
    File Browser and Files & Folders are both good. imo Files & Folders has better features like the dropbox and google docs support, but I prefer the UI on File Browser... my 2p.

This is all true. I too prefer File Browser and from the developer, it looks to have a bright future:

Future features planned:

- Email files from the app
    - DropBox, Google Docs and Cloud based services integration
    - Much more planned
    b147082 likes this.
    11-06-11 03:25 PM
    I think I've tried each one and Files and Folders is the one that survived the war. The ability to email files is the kicker.
    Innovatology, bquinney and b147082 like this.
    11-06-11 04:53 PM
    I may be very wrong but I thought I recall someone said (how's that for a direct reference) that File Browser which I also have/like was not being very actively supported any longer???? It has been stationary for quite a while now.
    b147082 likes this.
    11-06-11 05:27 PM
    Thanks for all the recommendations, folks!
    11-06-11 09:14 PM
    I love the ui on "stuff" but files&folders has the most functions
    b147082 likes this.
    11-07-11 12:46 AM
    I need to be able to un zip rar files. Is their support yet?
    11-07-11 01:39 AM
    Though ZIP and RAR seem very similar to a user, RAR is actually a completely different, propietary and closed format. It also has very restrictive licensing terms, and is much less ubiquitous than ZIP. Though RAR decompression (only) may be possible with major engineering work, it would have very limited functionality and be useful to only a small subset of our users. For all these reasons, it not currently on our roadmap.
    11-07-11 10:08 AM
    Though ZIP and RAR seem very similar to a user, RAR is actually a completely different, propietary and closed format. It also has very restrictive licensing terms, and is much less ubiquitous than ZIP. Though RAR decompression (only) may be possible with major engineering work, it would have very limited functionality and be useful to only a small subset of our users. For all these reasons, it not currently on our roadmap.
    7zip can uncompress RAR files, and it is open source. Any chance you can use any of that code? I'm not familiar with the licensing terms it has, but just throwing it out there.
    diegonei likes this.
    11-07-11 10:25 AM
    the app comics could also read .cbr and if I'm not mistaken, .cbr are just .rar renamed to represent a comic file... maybe you could consult with zezke, the developer of comics
    diegonei likes this.
    11-07-11 11:59 AM
    Source code is not an issue. Licensing terms and integration efforts with our virtualized file system are. We must weigh the pros and cons and spend our time effectively. As Files & Folders is mostly used for business productivity purposes, we think we need to focus our efforts in that area.
    11-07-11 01:32 PM
    I have File Browser, Air Browser and Files And Folders.

Files and Folders:
    + Has a lot of features (DropBox, Email, Google Docs, Bridge files, ZIP)
    + The Developer gives great support (this is a big plus)
    - The app is a little on the slow side
    - It doesn't allow for multiple selection of files (my main gripe and the reason i don't use the app)

Air Browser
    + Its free
    + Fast
    + Multiple selection of files
    + Clean UI
    + ZIP support
    - Doesnt have Bridge files integration

File Browser
    + Clean UI
    + Fast
    + ZIP support
    + Bridge files support
    - Doesnt have dropbox integration

Right now i prefer to use File Browser in combination with the free app BlueBox for my DropBox needs, but Files And Folders has the potential to be the best all in one solution (its still an awesome app, just not quite right for my needs), Air Browser is an excellent solution if you dont want to spend any money right now and you don't care about bridge files integration.
    b147082, wobly and Sergeant HCR like this.
    11-07-11 02:17 PM
    Files & Folders v3.0 has just been approved on App World, and includes:

+ multiple selection
    + support for Box.net

Be sure to check out the free 50GB upgrade promo at box.net. You'll need to install and sign in with Box's own app at least once, but then you can use your 50GB space with Files & Folders too!
    optimo likes this.
    11-15-11 10:03 AM
    I have File Browser, Air Browser and Files And Folders.

Files and Folders:
    + Has a lot of features (DropBox, Email, Google Docs, Bridge files, ZIP)
    + The Developer gives great support (this is a big plus)
    - The app is a little on the slow side
    - It doesn't allow for multiple selection of files (my main gripe and the reason i don't use the app)

Air Browser
    + Its free
    + Fast
    + Clean UI
    + ZIP support
    - Doesnt have Bridge files integration

File Browser
    + Clean UI
    + Fast
    + ZIP support
    + Bridge files support
    - Doesnt have dropbox integration

Right now i prefer to use File Browser in combination with the free app BlueBox for my DropBox needs, but Files And Folders has the potential to be the best all in one solution (its still an awesome app, just not quite right for my needs), Air Browser is an excellent solution if you dont want to spend any money right now and you don't care about bridge files integration.
    With its latest update, Files And Folders is now THE BEST file manager on the PB, multiple selection of files, Box, DropBox, Google Docs and e-mail integration, there is just no reason to choose any other file manager over Files And Folders (other than price), this is a MUST HAVE app on the PlayBook, many thanks to the developer for this awesome update.
    Innovatology likes this.
    11-15-11 01:32 PM
    Box support is a GREAT addition... Thanks. Have to agree 100% with the above post!!

Innovatology likes this.
    11-15-11 03:32 PM
    lets be honest "files and folders"
    Innovatology likes this.
    11-15-11 07:14 PM
    There's a file manager called "Stuff" that's pretty sweet. Def the best of the bunch. It just got a free update that includes dropbox!

Buy Stuff - Download Stuff - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    02-12-12 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD