Is there any to organize photos on PB on MAC ???? I am able to synch photo albums from iPhoto via BB desktop software but order gets mixed and scrambled by BlackBerry PlayBook file system. The playBook would be an Ideal device to view and show photos unfortunately it is incapacitated by it's rigid file system.I have tried downloading file managers from BB app world and sideloading file managers and galleries to no avail. I have been looking for a solution to this ever since I bought the PLayBook. This and the fact that you can't delete the pre installed wallpapers is incredibly frustrating. Any ideas wold be greatly appreciated I only have a Mac -no P.C, Thanks
    Last edited by Apelles1; 05-03-12 at 09:05 PM.
    05-03-12 09:00 PM
    I don't think that you can I have been trying since I got the PlayBook with no success.
    05-03-12 11:24 PM
    Download "Air Browser" and "Ghost Commander" from app world (both free). Open "Air" and create sub-folder(s) in your "Photos" folder. Then open "Ghost" and navigate to your photos foder in one pane, and to a photos sub-folder in the other pane. Move pics from the photos folder to the sub-folder(s) as desired. Then open your "Pictures" app- it should see your sub-folders and the pics contained therein.
    05-04-12 12:19 AM
    Turn on file sharing (or wifi sharing) and change the connection to 'connect to mac'
    Click network identification properties, make note of your "Tablet network name"

With file sharing on the playbook "on" and connected via usb, open the file manager and type smb://XXXXX
    Replacing XXXXX with your tablet network name

Should connect to your device via usb, you can load your pictures that way

The only way to remove the default wallpapers is to perform a device wipe (last tested on os2.0 beta)
    madman0141 likes this.
    05-04-12 02:51 AM
    Thanks for your replies ,the problem I have is not with getting photos on and off the PB. My problem is renaming the photos to change the order in which they appear in albums on the PB. As I am an artist and a photographer, this small thing is very important to me. Imagine writing and having your sentences look like this " along done Project by coming completed, is month almost end of should " when you're trying to write "Project is coming along, should be completed by end of the month.

If anyone could help me with order of photo files, I'd be indebted. Great to know about air browser which I have and ghost commander which I don't . Good to know about wallpaper ,file wipe sounds drastic but then again. I've been that frustrated . Thanks again, if any one could help me with conundrum of photo file order, that would be fantastic
    05-04-12 06:30 AM
    I have tried to figure out what order the pb uses to display photos. If I move and entire "trip" to the pb, that is photos I took on a hike, they stay in the proper order - that is the order they were taken or named. But if I start to mix them up to create a slideshow, I have not quite figured out what the darn pb is doing? A few months ago, I actually created an album called Sort-Order and put a mixed variety of photos in there. I could not quite figure out what the pb used to display them!!!!

Renaming to force an alpha sort does not appear to work unless something has changed. It may use exif data or similar in arranging the pictures????
    05-04-12 10:24 AM
    I don't know about you guys, but the "albums" that show in my Pictures app organize my pics alphabetically. This applies to pics that are contained in sub-folders in the "photos" folder and each sub-folder appears as an album. It doesn't apply to pics in the All Pictures album.
    05-04-12 02:17 PM
    I don't know about you guys, but the "albums" that show in my Pictures app organize my pics alphabetically. This applies to pics that are contained in sub-folders in the "photos" folder and each sub-folder appears as an album. It doesn't apply to pics in the All Pictures album.
    Well, it appears you are right, at least, when I just put a bunch of pictures into my test SortOrder folder. I threw some new ones in there. So I have 52 images. I used LupasRename to rename then 01-52 (dropping the rest of the name) jpg. They seem to be ordered that way when I opened the Album on the pb. Then I inverted their order and renamed them again so that 52.jpg became 001.jpg and 01.jpg became 052.jpg. Then opened the Album again and now they were showing in the new order.

And I just sorted them by filesize in LupasRename and then again numbered them consecutively. And they are now showing that way.
    05-04-12 07:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD