05-09-11 08:59 PM
62 123
tools
    I plan to release the next major update at the end of the month. This update will include share via Twitter/Facebook and email, one or two other new features and a few bug fixes.

I may release another bug fix release before that though if any more app breaking bugs are found.
    I'm not sure if its a bug or what, but I've seen where the new items, after about half-way down the feed list do not display. The subscription is bold-faced and there is even the number of new items shown, but when you go to the right hand side to look for the preview of new items, there is a "no new items" message. Could there be a limit to the number of new items? I have a long list of subscriptions and get a lot of items and they pile up quickly.

OTOH, the open in browser function is now working much better!
    05-09-11 10:11 AM
    @mmcpher I haven't noticed that issue before. There isn't any hard limit on the number of feed items but the app currently isn't optimized for handling large numbers (1000s) of feed items so its possible that some performance issues may occur if you scroll though a few thousand of them.

I don't think the number of feed items is causing the issue you are experiencing though. Would you be able to send me your full list of feed subscription URLs so that I can try and recreate the issue on my dev environment? You can export your feed subscription URLs in the Feed Management section on the Google Reader website.
    Last edited by GeeReaderDev; 05-09-11 at 12:24 PM. Reason: grammar
    05-09-11 10:59 AM
    This is great news! I'm already using GeeReader as my primary reader now. It is a really nice piece of work. Where can I find your PayPal address so i can make a donation?

When you add the Facebook and Twitter sharing, could you please integrate some type of URL shortener as well, like bit.ly maybe? Especially for Twitter sharing!

Also, I just noticed that feed icons don't display in the headline list for a folder like they do in the "All Items" list. That would be a great thing to add.

Thanks again and keep up the great work!!!

I plan to release the next major update at the end of the month. This update will include share via Twitter/Facebook and email, one or two other new features and a few bug fixes.

I may release another bug fix release before that though if any more app breaking bugs are found.
    05-09-11 11:44 AM
    Will send my feedlist shortly.
    05-09-11 12:01 PM
    This is great news! I'm already using GeeReader as my primary reader now. It is a really nice piece of work. Where can I find your PayPal address so i can make a donation?
    WOW! You are too kind!! I'll PM you my PayPal account id/email address.

When you add the Facebook and Twitter sharing, could you please integrate some type of URL shortener as well, like bit.ly maybe? Especially for Twitter sharing!
    Will do. I'll use the bit.ly service.

Also, I just noticed that feed icons don't display in the headline list for a folder like they do in the "All Items" list. That would be a great thing to add.
    oops...missed this one. This will be a quick change. This will be included in the next update.

Thanks again and keep up the great work!!!
    No prob
    05-09-11 12:39 PM
    Just wanted to mention to the other big fans of GeeReader that I would encourage you guys to also consider throwing a few bucks at this developer. It felt good for me to know I was supporting someone who had created my new most used app on my new most used toy! Just a couple bucks means a lot to someone when he knows you don't HAVE to send it.

The more we encourage guys like this who develop great apps for the Playbook, the more likely we are to continue to get great software to use. Also, I think it is pretty amazing he's giving this app away for free. If you want to send him something, just send him a PM on here and he'll give you his email for use with PayPal.

Just my $0.02!
    GeeReaderDev likes this.
    05-09-11 01:51 PM
    Can you add the ability to cache RSS feeds and their content overnight so that we can read the news items when we don't have coverage? That would be the best feature in my opinion (for me anyway).
    05-09-11 02:41 PM
    @StikiGreenZ

Offline caching is the 2nd most requested feature I'll definitely be adding that. It wont make it into the next release though. I'm busy with a few bug fixes, usability enhancements, and sharing via Email/Twitter/Facebook but I'll work on offline caching after that
    Last edited by GeeReaderDev; 05-09-11 at 02:49 PM. Reason: spelling
    05-09-11 02:45 PM
    Thanks! Love you app by the way.
    GeeReaderDev likes this.
    05-09-11 02:48 PM
    Thanks For The App, I Like The Updates You've Added Such As Viewing The Whole Story Link, Im Glad You Are Here Taking Suggestions For The App
    05-09-11 02:54 PM
    GeeReader is a great app. I was already using Google Reader for my rss feeds and then I got my playbook. I was super excited to find your app and the fact that it used Google Reader was a huge plus since I already had it set up.

Looking forward to your future upgrades. I would like to make a donation to you via paypal to help with the cost of your time. Please let me know.

Thanks again for the hard work.
    GeeReaderDev likes this.
    05-09-11 02:57 PM
    Best reader ive seen yet
    05-09-11 08:59 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD