textPlus, currently Canada�s most popular free texting app, is expanding into the VoIP game today with a rebrand to Free Texts + Calls. It allows users to register a unique phone number for anywhere in the US or Canada and text/call one another for free.

It works similarly to a number of apps like Dell Voice, Viber and Vonage. What sets textPlus apart is its enormous established userbase with millions of iPhone, Android and Windows Phone users already using the SMS replacement service.

While signing up gets you 10 minutes of free calls to non-textPlus numbers, you can purchase additional minutes for a reasonable price: 99c for 30 minutes all the way up to $19.99 for 1000 minutes. Texting is free to anyone in the US or Canada without textPlus.

it asks you to scan you contact list before signing up, and can sync with Facebook.

WORKING FANTASTICALLY ON THE PLAYBOOK!!

bar file attached
    04-05-12 10:48 PM
    any chance the update has been converted yet?
    04-18-12 10:11 AM
    I am soon going to test this app to see if it'll work. hope it does
    04-30-12 08:26 PM
    this thing doesn't work anymore. someone needs to port over the updated version
    04-30-12 08:57 PM
    has only tried this? does it work. i HATE MY STUPID IPHONE 4. the touch screen keyboard is sooo annoying and i want to come back to BB but there like ZERO good apps. i want wifi calling and texting. so if this app works. my iphone is going in the trash!
    10-17-12 11:27 PM
    Hi ok I have like textplus on my mom's iphone but since I got a playbook my mom deleted the app so I'm trying to get one in my playbook please let me know if it has been converted
    01-05-13 11:47 PM
    It says that the file can not be opened... Anyone know how to fix it or got any solutions??
    02-12-13 07:40 PM
    02-12-13 11:23 PM
    So I tried downloading it, but when I goto my downloads it says unable to open default app. How do I fix this because I really want to use Textplus on my playbook
    02-21-13 01:07 PM
    that is because you have to sideload it! There are many forums and I mean MANY. Just give it a search on the crackberry.com website or using google. But I'll cover the basics quickly and in the way that works with any computer:

Download google chrome
    Download the add-on "playbook app manager" without the quotes
    Go to security on your playbook and turn on dev mode and remember the password
    Go to the home screen of your playbook and you'll have a new icon in the notification bar. Click on it and remember the ip
    Go back to your computer on google chrome and imput this data
    wait for it to load. will take a few minutes
    click install and find the .bar file you downloaded and click install
    wait for it to download

Note: This requires internet. there's another way using the charger cable but that also requires internet. There is also a way to install from your pb but you need to install the app (using this process) and then get a proxy on your computer or phone (not pb) and install from there. That way is using "localbar 2" and the website with instructions (can't post here as the message is already too long and this way is just easier) is here:
    http://yohan.es/playbook/localbar2/

Although now that I checked, the website's currently down so just search it up on google and find the instructions and the .bar file.

Hope this helped.
    02-21-13 04:20 PM
    textPlus, currently Canada�s most popular free texting app, is expanding into the VoIP game today with a rebrand to Free Texts + Calls. It allows users to register a unique phone number for anywhere in the US or Canada and text/call one another for free.

It works similarly to a number of apps like Dell Voice, Viber and Vonage. What sets textPlus apart is its enormous established userbase with millions of iPhone, Android and Windows Phone users already using the SMS replacement service.

While signing up gets you 10 minutes of free calls to non-textPlus numbers, you can purchase additional minutes for a reasonable price: 99c for 30 minutes all the way up to $19.99 for 1000 minutes. Texting is free to anyone in the US or Canada without textPlus.

it asks you to scan you contact list before signing up, and can sync with Facebook.

WORKING FANTASTICALLY ON THE PLAYBOOK!!

bar file attached
    07-21-13 09:25 AM
    [QUOTE=Jeremiah songz;8862564][/QUOTE uhhh okkkkkkkkkkk]
    07-21-13 09:27 AM
    Hi, is there any instructions you could provide so i can run it on my bold 9900? tks
    02-17-15 04:48 PM
    Hi, is there any instructions you could provide so i can run it on my bold 9900? tks
    Bold can't run Android apps. Totally different operating system environment. Unless there is an app in the appworld on your phone, you won't be able to use this.
    02-18-15 06:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD