This would be perfect for the PB. We can skip the internet tethering setup. Then we won't have to pay tethering fees and have full access as opposed to just the bridge.
    04-27-11 09:06 PM
    for sure. We'll see what develops. I use it on my laptop and love it, and havent had any charges with sprint thus far (lowish usage). If I'm forced to pay 15-30/mo I may be re-evaluating 3G/4G 64GB playbook when they roll out.
    04-27-11 09:10 PM
    I added my voice to supporting the idea on their forum earlier today. The response so far has been "we are exploring the idea."
    04-27-11 09:14 PM
    TTether is looking into supporting the BlackBerry Playbook.

Tether will be developing the software when the BlackBerry Playbook has been released.

At this time there is no time frame for the release for Tether for the BlackBerry Playbook.
    Up there.
    Lets hope.
    04-28-11 08:15 AM
    They told me via email that they will have a PB version.
    04-28-11 12:45 PM
    Hopefully free to current owners. :/ I have not got my money's worth yet, but I sure would using it on the PB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-11 01:07 PM
    It would be just short of epic if they made that a free app to all previous bb owners that have the app for their phone! O.k. Maybe free would be pushing it, but half off retail price would be nice.

04-28-11 01:41 PM
    Hopefully free to current owners. :/ I have not got my money's worth yet, but I sure would using it on the PB.

It should be free. Your copy of the app you paid for is linked to your BB, not the device you are tethering the BB to.
    04-28-11 01:45 PM
    This would win me over to the PB.
    04-28-11 02:01 PM
    It should be free. Your copy of the app you paid for is linked to your BB, not the device you are tethering the BB to.
    Well, it still requires their software on the PB. Its up to them to make it compatible I guess.

04-28-11 02:28 PM

OH YEAHH
    ericlc2 likes this.
    04-28-11 02:31 PM
    So... has anything been developed yet?
    08-30-11 11:41 PM
    Not that I am aware of.
    there have been some more requests on their forum.
    08-31-11 12:44 AM
    There was also this that popped up last week -

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...aybook-641514/
    08-31-11 01:01 AM
    I laughed seeing my post above in an old thread.

The new OS really obviates my need for tether (the software) now. I'd have a hard time justifying paying 25 (half off) for it. If there were some unreal speed difference, I'd ponder it, but I'm skeptical. As is, works fine for me when out of rage of Wifi. Not rocket fast, but no slower than I've ever found my laptop to run when tethered via USB to my blackberry.

Other threads : http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...hering-644647/ would be useful to see real differences in data rates between "regular browser while bridged" vs "tethered" (curious about differences between bluetooth/USB) vs bridge browser.
    08-31-11 01:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD