Morning all,

Just wondering if the developers who made the Tether for Blackberry app were working on an edition for the Playbook? I would DEFINITELY get it if it were.
    07-29-11 08:24 AM
    I would too :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-11 08:27 AM
    Why do you need a third party app when it's already built in to the PlayBook?
    07-29-11 08:28 AM
    Why do you need a third party app when it's already built in to the PlayBook?
    Tether uses the Tethering function but allows you to use it without your carriers knowing it. So will turn your phone into a modem and use the Internet off of it without any extra charges
    07-29-11 08:31 AM
    Tether uses the Tethering function but allows you to use it without your carriers knowing it. So will turn your phone into a modem and use the Internet off of it without any extra charges
    I never worried about that because T-Mobile never charged me.
    07-29-11 08:37 AM
    I never worried about that because T-Mobile never charged me.
    Yeah, unfortunately for me VZW would destroy my bill if I tried to tether without having it in my plan, if they allowed it at all.
    07-29-11 08:52 AM
    Yeah, unfortunately for me VZW would destroy my bill if I tried to tether without having it in my plan, if they allowed it at all.
    Actually you can't, when you try to connect you will get a message that you need a plan that includes tethering. They actually only charge 20 extra for this plan, or at least that was the case before the recent change in pricing. It was 20 extra and you could tether for 2 GBs per month.

Thread moved to Apps and Games
    07-29-11 09:09 AM
    Actually you can't, when you try to connect you will get a message that you need a plan that includes tethering. They actually only charge 20 extra for this plan, or at least that was the case before the recent change in pricing. It was 20 extra and you could tether for 2 GBs per month.

Thread moved to Apps and Games
    Sure I'd like to see a Tether app for the PB, but 20 bucks a month is a pretty small price to pay to have connectivity anywhere.
    07-29-11 09:24 AM
    I really want to see tether make their app for the playbook as there are things and places the bridge browser does not support.
    07-29-11 09:36 AM
    Sure I'd like to see a Tether app for the PB, but 20 bucks a month is a pretty small price to pay to have connectivity anywhere.
    I absolutely agree, but I don't want to be tied down to a data limit if I don't have to.
    07-29-11 09:42 AM
    Buying an app once to share data you already paid for vs. paying an extra 20 bucks every month, forever? Give me the Tether app!!! I will admit I do luv the bridge browser, but I would buy the Tether app to run all apps everywhere all the time for free...
    mdjones21 likes this.
    07-29-11 09:43 AM
    Go to the Tether.com forum and post your support for Tether-for-playbook.

So far they are non-committal.
    07-29-11 10:37 AM
    Go to the Tether.com forum and post your support for Tether-for-playbook.

So far they are non-committal.
    will do!
    07-29-11 12:17 PM
    I wrote to them (Facebook) the same day I got my Playbook. They said they were working on it. I will buy in a New York second!
    07-29-11 03:13 PM
    if you check their forums you will see that some carriers have found ways to detect unauthorized tethering and billed accordingly. the exponential increase in data usage might also be a give away.

telus, a canadian carrier, advertises free tethering with all playbook and blackberry plans. i have bell and they never asked me to pay a tether charge. you might want to dbl chk that tho. a few options if you live in anada
    Marshall91 likes this.
    07-30-11 05:34 AM
    I agree, I am also in Canada and through Rogers I have a "data share" plan which allows me to share my 1G (you can get more if needed) with multiple devices.
    07-30-11 12:35 PM
    if you check their forums you will see that some carriers have found ways to detect unauthorized tethering and billed accordingly. the exponential increase in data usage might also be a give away.

telus, a canadian carrier, advertises free tethering with all playbook and blackberry plans. i have bell and they never asked me to pay a tether charge. you might want to dbl chk that tho. a few options if you live in anada
    That is not the case with AT&T. They want to suck every penny they can out of you. They delayed Bridge because you could use the browser through your phone and not pay a tether charge.

Lucky Canadians.
    07-30-11 07:14 PM
    That is not the case with AT&T. They want to suck every penny they can out of you. They delayed Bridge because you could use the browser through your phone and not pay a tether charge.

Lucky Canadians.
    id rather pay that then have to get stuck to 3 yr contract and pay the equilvant (or usually more) up front for the same phone at at*t... this is one of the disadvantage of being canadian...
    07-31-11 01:36 AM
    and 50$ or 25$ when there is a sale is a pretty small price to have connectivity everywhere for the rest of your life...providing you pay your phone bill.
    10-18-11 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD