I have my bold 9900 tethered to my blackberry playbook but cant connect to app world. all other internet functions are fine. Anyone else experiencing this or have any suggestions.
    01-22-12 08:28 PM
    If you are tethered or bridged through bluetooth as opposed to using the wifi hotspot option on OS 7.1, you can't access App World unfortunately. App World is only accessible through a wifi connection.
    01-22-12 08:33 PM
    I just tethered my Playbook for the first time to a Torch 9800 over bluetooth, and encountered this limitation. The 9800 is running OS 6 so it does not have the HotSpot feature. Any idea why AppWorld only allows WiFi connections?
    09-01-12 12:54 PM
    As this is only a limitation on bandwidth-heavy native apps, such as App World, Video Chat, and the Video Store, I would assume that this issue is for one of two reasons:
    1. For people who have limited data plans (aka most people), and who don't bother to think through that what they are doing is bandwidth heavy so they should make sure they're on WiFi, this stops them from downloading a 1GB app or a similarly large download over their limited cellular connection.
    Or
    2. To stop the highest bandwidth apps from using cellular connections in an effort to stop the carriers from caring too much that people are now using their data plans on multiple devices without paying extra for it.
    09-02-12 12:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD